The first one was okay

The first one was okay.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AFybGO6lO9U
youtube.com/watch?v=c0_yi2p6OgI
youtube.com/watch?v=byC412_ADfE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

By what low standards?

all of it was completely unnecessary and overall probably soiled some of the fondness people had for the first 3 jackson adaptations

this

They are all ok as far spinoffs go.

It feels like lord of the kino but smaller and less important.

I enjoyed it.

Are there actually poeple on this board that didn't like them? These movies were beyond based.

First one is truly 'okay'
Second was crap but I liked the romance as I'm a pleb
Third should be destroyed.

Prob one of the best scenes in lotr CU

>150 page book
>3 movies lmao
it was shit

youtu.be/AFybGO6lO9U

Forgot the clip

"I have the only right" I still get goose bumps to that line

"No!"

none of them were ok

The book has a naive poetic childish prose by design. It's concise, it's short, and it just works.
The movies are pure typical studio garbage, with your action beat every ten page or so. BotfA is an avalanche of action beats out of nowhere. Making it a trilogy was stupid, trying to tie up closely to the previous trilogy was also a bad decision in hindsight. Taking as many liberties as they did was a lack of respect to the source material and it's spirit. The LotR trilogy had much more respect of the lore than these.

If you haven't read the book I can see why you might like them. They're easy junk food to swallow, not really nutritious but packed with flavor of the month. However for Tolkien fans it's an absolute aberration. A thing that should not be. An insulting failure.

watch the fancut

>not posting literally the only scene with actual Bilbo

youtube.com/watch?v=c0_yi2p6OgI

1 and 2 are watchable, if only because there are so few fantasy films made after 2000. 3 is completely irredeemable and will haunt jackson until the day he dies

>BotfA
Why did I read this as "Breath of the fucking Asshole"

Unironically one of the best scenes in all six movies

Objectively true.

It was immediately obvious how they stretched one movies worth of shit into three movies. They fucking hung around Bilbos goddamn house for like an hour in the first movie.

a very popular fan edit by Dustin Lee of Maple films that trims The Hobbit Trilogy down to 4 hours. This edit has received very positive reception from people that didn't enjoy the trilogy and I thought it was superb. There is a very good review on Youtube by Michael Mercy that goes into detail about the fan edit and I recommend checking it out. youtube.com/watch?v=byC412_ADfE

>michael bay uses blue and orange to pander to plebs in his plebeian shlock
>le bay sucks
>hackson uses blue and orange to pander to plebs in lotr
>LE BASED MOVIEZ