I have absolutely no faith in this movie, and I adored the first one

I have absolutely no faith in this movie, and I adored the first one.

>director has only ever done TV
>GDT not even in writing credits
>GDT barely credited as a producer
>haxor kidz bullshit

youtu.be/n0h0q0zmYHY

Please redpill me, Sup Forums, because I loved the first so much, and I want this to be good so much, but I just see no evidence. Even the trailer CG looks terrible

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2aaubVlhNK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Big robots = Big fun

del toro leaving could've been a good thing but no, this doesn't look good

i hate the new jaeger designs.

It's fucking terminal. DOA.

GDT was what made the first one great. I didn't believe it at first, but when I watched it with directors commentary, and he gave a reason for everything happening, I saw just how much foresight and love and dedication he had to making the product. He wasn't making the movie for another paycheck, he was making his passion project.

why does the trailer have interviews in it?
I get that its used for promotional material sometimes but to put them in your trailer instead of your big set action pieces in the main trailer does not reflect well.

>British
>Not playing a Southerner

>He wasn't making the movie for another paycheck, he was making his passion project.
This. You can tell when a movie is done with love and when it's just hashed out. It's gloriously cartoonish but rendered in loving detail.

It fucking looks like a transformers movie. Those were not "big fun"

I think the movie will do gangbusters. Hollywood is smart to be marketing it to young negroes

WE
WUZ
JAEGERS N SHEEEIT

you can buy a movie tick with food stamps

WAR REAADY WWWAAAAARRRR REEADY!

what's his equivalent of 'dont follow the white rabbit'

isnt this a prequel? Fuck thats a disappointment.

Much more interesting premise:
>After the Rift is closed and the Kaiju are gone FOREVER (literally no last minute lol Kaiju) there is a scramble by the nations of the world to occupy the ceded territory.
>Naturally this leads to conflict between nations.
>this conflict eventually turns hot
>so begins the first Mecha war

Was that so fucking hard?

Yeah its a sequel

I get the thing where it had to be kaiju vs jaeger, I was ok with that. But this just looks like garbage.

Wow, you are really upset about JL bombing.

Fuck no, JL was doomed from the beginning, and its trailers inspired no confidence. I haven't even seen it yet. I am just seeing the same bullshit here. I will be more disappointed about this movie being bad than I will at any DCshit bombing.

then why is bodega playing pentecoste?

Original
>Guillermo sat for hours and hours with the VFX guys to make sure that the action was slow and ponderous to give it the weight and heft of giants grappling
>uses nighttime lighting and storms to hid the bad aspects of the CGI
>Jaegers are designed to resemble giant gundams of varying levels of tech, from shoddy nuclear silos with limbs to sleek aussie cuntpuncher
>Kaiju blood is so toxic to the environment that the fights are forced to be blunt-force trauma when on the ground or plasma cauterization
>neon lighting and environmental design makes the world feel vibrant and lived in
>the jaeger program was costing so much resources and money that building giant continental walls was considered to be the better option
>two kaiju coming through at a time is unprecedented, three is apocalyptic
>soundtrack is good and synced to the action

Pacific Rimjob
>for some reason there's just tons of new Jaegers, and they all look like power rangers action figures
>in fact there's so many Jaegers that there's a Jaeger civil war or something
>all the major action scenes from the trailer are in broad daylight, spotlighting the terrible VFX
>the action is fast and weightless, like a marvel flick
>even the cities have been streamlined, made into anonymous lifeless lego sets all the same gray featureless design
>Boyega trying to do Elba but lacking any of the charisma
>even with the portal closed there's so many kaiju that we can't keep track of the little buggers! but it doesn't matter because we swat them like flies until the last big bad
>directed by a literal television director

The first one wasn't exactly high art but it was a loud dumb earnestly-made fun amusement park ride
The sequel looks to be a soulless unnecessary cashgrab that will have none of the passion or craft that the original had and I hope it flops hard

He's playing Pentacosts son.

It's all true. So true. And it hurts.

>Son
You betrayed the LORE
youtube.com/watch?v=2aaubVlhNK4

this poor cgi
send help

Holy shit. Best copy pasta

Save it my friend, it's yours

the LORE is meaningless with a TV director at the helm

According to some user from another thread, the GDT plan for the sequel was as follows:

>With the portal closed, the Kaiju threat is neutralized for a very long time
>Humanity has advanced and colonized the solar system
>Kaiju have used conventional space travel to come continue the fight on Earth
>Jaegers have been kept around just in case and now resemble gundams
>Invasion happens, battles happen both in space and on planets

Sounds like kino, but what we're getting looks like utter trash. The CGI seems lazy as hell and the Jaegers look awful.

Hearing this upsets me further

You see, to me, even THAT premise sounds dumb, but if it was GDT's intentions, and if he would have worked on it, he would have made it good.

Look at the original. The premise is stupid and cliched. But he makes it work and makes it good.

DELETE

sauce on image?