So have the Knights of Ren been dropped in favour of the Praetorian Guards?

so have the Knights of Ren been dropped in favour of the Praetorian Guards?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Plasteel
youtube.com/watch?v=R7fHTh6vwvs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the knights will be in the flashback for a few more seconds and then be killed by luke

The KoR are the guards, duh. They and Ren were the last jedi that were being trained.

literally bionicles

The Praetorian Guards look like lobsters

with x-acto knives

Solo Cups came to life

mmm... plastic.. armor

Ummm, correction! It's actually plasteel...

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Plasteel

Something else that is worse than the OT.

B-but they're bigger and badder! Th-they have six different weapons (for all your toy buying needs!)!

>make them look like toys so that the toys are more accurate

pretty smart when you think about it

1. it's pretty interesting design. 2. a lot of time has passed and this isn't the same empire. why should everything be the same?

when you whine about every little thing it loses its impact

Why should they even be using red guards then? It's just a fucking rip off.

I didn't say it should be the same, I said that it's worse.

>it's pretty interesting design
No, it's not. You can get more interesting designs from Bed Bath and Beyond plates.

it's clearly meant to be evocative of them, or an evolution. it's also just making use of an established design language. the audience understands "red guards" to mean a certain thing and they're making use of that. that doesn't mean it needs to look exactly the same you crybaby shitnerd

looks dumb too

OT worship is getting tiresome

i like that they don't have eyes, actually. pretty menacing

this

It's regal and mysterious. The new ones look like Daft Punk raped some Samurai.

The old red guards looked like some medical European themed badasses. They stood out from the rest of the palate.

These guys look like low budget samurai. I don't mind samurai, but this is wrong.

No.
The Knights will join Kylo on Ahch-To. The Praetorians will remain with Snoke.

No, it's meant to be a nostalgia wank. For fanboys to go "I remember that!"

The royal guard in the OT at least have a ceremonial look, these new dudes just look like someone pushing action figures.

Except it's all the same you fucking mong.

IT'S A SHAMEFUL THING LOBSTERHEAD

>nostalgia wank. For fanboys to go "I remember that!"
that's what the spin-offs(R1 and the Han Solo movie) are for
every single main SW movie(except for ANH) is meant to sell toys to little kids

Those guys were always just for show anyway, right? Palpy didn't need guards but he wanted people to think he did.

That's what makes them cool. We don't know. One can assume they're the best of the best, the Emperor's elite. Maybe they can even go toe to toe with Vader in combat.

They are the real deal, don't even take shit from Vader.
youtube.com/watch?v=R7fHTh6vwvs

Loving the look of these...

>andy serkis is manlet

lost all respect I got for him. disgusting.

this place really is full of shills, you're like that cunt that would argue to death over Alien: Covenant how it made sense for them to not wear any environmental protection while exploring Prometheus's planet

those designs are SO FUCKING RETARDED!

nigger why the fuck would SNOKE who is a fucking force vampire from the old republic living in the unknown regions have fucking red guards just like palpatine?

look at the top of his head

i fixed them 4u

PENIS HELMET

because jj is a talentless, worthless hack

power rangers tier

Palpatine may not have needed bodyguards but they were still the real deal. It's a shame the only scene in the movies you see them take action is right before Yoda force pushes them.

But there's also this deleted scene

Even if they're not as powerful, they can make a difference. Everyone needs cannon fodder, especially if they're absolutely devoted.

pretty much. I don't get how more people don't realize this

All the spoilers for the movie will be online in less than a week. Just wait till then to find out.

>it's pretty interesting design

The Knights will get raped by Luke early on.

They'll have to establish them as a threat first, so that them being raped is a display of power.