The Last Kingdom

>it's an Uhtred raids a neighboring village, rapes their women, beheads their priests, kidnaps a sorceress to cheat on his wife with then acts as if he did nothing wrong episode

Other urls found in this thread:

img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1510/77/1510774772980.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's a violent retard because he grew up with vikings

Season 1 was kino, season 2 was unfiltered cancer.

what was the town he is from called i think it starts with a b
what was his dads name?

bubbleberg

destiny, huzzah!

Didn't even know season 2 was out, loved season 1.

When they rescue him from that slave ship, and that battle nun and him had a moment together; that was beautiful. Only memorable moment from season 2.

Bebbanburg.

oo
TRED

Is this good? I love the story of Alfred and Wessex but I think there's no way to do it properly with a tv budget. Also I'm worried they made it too GoT-y because that's what the cool kids are into right now.

Show had such good potential, they didn't have the budget or something. The actors are all terrible. And the pacing is so fast it's weird. Damn I love the genre too but this show bums me out

Season 1 is pretty good, season 2 is okay-tier.

I like it because Uhtred is a hilarious character. They somehow got away with a Chaotic Neutral White Male in 2017.

It's not going to blow you away but it's definitely more than watchable

Still better then most of the shit on tv

>bought season 1 on Amazon
>show gets bought by Netflix and rebranded for season 2

Is it still okay? Also I keep thinking this is historical but it's actually based off a book.

britbongbah

Behbahmbembimbah

cause there was no more leoferic

season 2 was okay though imo.

What's his name again?

UTRED SON OF UTRED

Post the battle nun bathing

>Destiny, Saul.
Who they fuck was Saul and why is Ootred Sunnov Ootred narrating to him?

Ootrid pls

I

>King Alfred, i'm Ealdorman.

Its better than vikings

Uhtred is the definition of mary sue.

his wife was qt

img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1510/77/1510774772980.webm

How? He constantly fucks up and has to deal with the consequences. He is lucky as fuck tho.

He was married to that and he chose to abandon her and his son so he could get together with this goblin. Why is Uhtred such a piece of shit? and to add insult to injury the goblin witch kills his son in a satanic ritual and he STILL picks her over his QT wife.

ooh I loved that warrior monk Hild.

Best moment of the show and better than anything that's been on Vikings or GoT.

>cause there was no more leoferic

I miss ;_:

the whole episode was kino, great acting all around. Even cried legitimate tears when Slave-Halig was breaking down little by little, got shot in the leg as they tried to flee (but Uthred and Finn wouldn't leave without him) and then he was bound to the bow, drowning with every pull Uthred and the other slaves made. Once Halig stopped screaming you know it was over and Uthred broke. After this I felt the same as him, broken to the point of not even have the strenght to fight wuzz Sven One-Eye anymore. Him killing the bishop felt right, and the next episode he gives Guthred a deserved smackdown. Rip, Halig, we hardly knew ya. But we at least got Finn for that, hope he sticks around.

The rest of the seaon wasn't bad either, I liked it just fine.

>anal on the first night of marriage

Leofric was great, a true battle-bro and honerable, too. Him, Uthred and old-Odda teaming up to fight mad-man Ubba was a nice episode of different strategies. But it makes me wonder how someone as based as odda could father such a spineless turd as young Odda. I bet Asser did this.

I think it's a really unflattering depiction of Alfred the great.
He's portrayed as constantly being lawful stupid, Uhtred handed him England on a fucking platter 3 or 4 times and he's constantly moaning about how he's a pagan.
So just fuck him off from court, give him some land where he wont cause problems and point him at the danes.

Bebbenbibenbaugh

>Arseling...

but was he the better Alfred?
(I liked the movie, Alfred was a huge dickhead and also the protagonist, kinda fun)

>It's an all Christians are dumb and short sighted, Pagans are so much more enlightened and better episode
>It's a Father Beocca goes from bumbling comedic relief to the highest powerlevel warrior episode
>It's an Uhtred does literally everything wrong but faces minimal to no consequences episode

Agreed. The siege of the castle where they finally killed Kjartan was so fucking terrible I have no words to describe it, it was fucking atrocious. Fucking greenscreen sky, CGI wolves, what a fucking disaster.

Bazinga-burgh!

>>It's a Father Beocca goes from bumbling comedic relief to the highest powerlevel warrior episode

I love this trope. Reminds me of a Bud Spencer / Terence Hill movie.