Ready Player One

Will it be Kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=dtwpjnuaVTE

I can't wait to see it with my wife's kids!

No.

>literally begins with le wrong generation

>WB
Say it with me now.
FLOP!
FUH-LOP!

i like its clean aesthetic. looks like a movie too, its filmed like it, doesnt look like a high budget long tv show episode (as lots current movies do).

soykino

"Let's See How Much Nerd Nostalgia We Can Fit In This Shitheap": The Book: The Movie

THIS IS REDDIT
THIS IS MEMES

Looks like utter shit, but it probably gross more than Blade Runner 2049.

i like the soundtrack

>Director Steven Spielberg
>literally full of 80s and pop cult shit
Look, I get that Sup Forums is on some shitposting high right now because of Justice League, but this movie is soy as you can get. I can just smell the soy already in the line on premier night. I wouldn't be surprised if this makes Star Wars or Avatar bucks.

The book was complete and utter shit. The film looks like it's squarely aimed at children born in 1998 with severely misplaced nostalgia for the mid-1980s. Having said that, given how prominently Rush features in the book and the trailer, I might go and see it just to see a load of trippy shit happening while Rush blasts out in surround sound.

>The book was complete and utter shit.
as if Spielberg would properly adapt that book. Wouldn't be surprised if it's RPO in name only.

>Warner Brothers

It's going to bomb. Spectacularly.

And the resulting angst is going to be hilarious.

It's "member that!" the motion picture. No way is this going to bomb.

I was shocked when someone showed it to me. I read the last chapter and it reads like an autist writing a fanfiction that ultimately just lists names of things they like and mentions they fight each other.

>Soyboy got into SHOGUN WARRIORS MAZINGA, and the spectators cheered. Wifeson responded by deploying the RX-78-2 GUNDAM from his inventory, and the crowd cheered louder. Then they punched each other. Chad was standing by in his BATTLOID RIFLEMAN from ROBOTECH, while Virgin flanked Soyboy in his VEHICLE VOLTRON

Is literally how it's written.

Almost certainly not, but there is a minor chance that it could be a decent summer adventure movie
The race in the trailer is entirely made up, which makes me hope that either Spielberg or some other producer had the good sense to scrap most everything about the book beyond the basic premise

It's written by a liberal cuck who was a virgin until his 30's, who collects vidya and drives a delorean.

>Warner Brothers

I remember watching the trailer at the theater and just being confused. I have no idea what the movie will be about, and the trailer made me think it will just be a nostalgia trip with a bad story, a series of kind of neat scenes mixed with stupid scenes connected by basically nothing.

>shitty r*ddit book
>being anywhere near kino status

>Iron Giant clickbait
Shame on youuuuuu

It'll be shit and it pisses me off that this fucking nostalgia circlejerk jizzfest the movie is going to rake in $500 million+. All my friends are creaming their pants over this movie because the trailer had a Delorean and lightsabers and whatever.

Is this how the government is going to control us or something, just give us shots of nostalgia to keep us complacent? It started with Stranger Things and it's just getting worse

HEY DO YOU KIDS LIKE THE 80s?

>this is prose in america

oh no no no no uh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Comeon, give him credit. He did his research.

Why is the iron giant in this wdf is going on guys? What happened to copy right laws?

Does this mean we'll see Evas and Gundam in live action?

isnt mechagodzilla supposed to be in this?

Can they show a gundam in a gaijin movie?

>the holy trilogies
fuck off, who wrote this shit?

>this costs money

why does speilberg like to the use that overblown, muted-color look for syfy?

rp1 is starting to look like minority report

I won't lie, the only reason I'm looking forward to this is to see live action evangelions

Well you're shit out of luck. Spielberg hates Japanese mecha and has reportedly had all of those cameos replaced with Americana.

The bike from akira was in the trailer though wasn't it?

If this is true I will become hitler 2.0 and erase the jews, anything to stop eva from being corrupted by hollywood

The first bit was cool

>Desperate youths living in stack of shitheap ghettos
>No hope for the future
>Except to escape to VR

Fuck yeah this looks promising, I can relate to this.

>Cue Reddit tier meme shit

Fucking gay, dropped.

>written in first person
It just gets worse and worse

>Zack Snyder's Evangelion

>a book that is all about how awesome escapism is references evangelion
ironic

so this is just Second Life: The Movie? will our hero be aided by Kermit the frog?

Because IT and Wonder Woman and Dunkirk flopped

WB is in the business of low investments with high returns. Not exactly a bad model to go by.

S.S. directing a movie about his own movies.

I've lived long enough to see almost every decade come back into vogue. This shit is nothing new. Would you children chill the fuck out.

Cgi face closeup is really weird. Is that something that people need to spend an extra fuckton of money rendering? Just use a different closeup.

I already bought three tickets for my wife and Abdul the Syrian refugee who lives with us and his brother who is coming in spring. I think it's a bit intense for my wife's son so I'll stay home and babysit.

It's a shitty plot nonetheless

Lol people actually paid money to willngly read this?

it's going to be the next Enders Game.
won't be in theaters more than a few weeks

LOL he notes watching Voyage and Enterprise but doesn't bother mentioning STD. Even this books understands its shit.

>The bike from akira was in the trailer though wasn't it?
No that was the bike from Tron.