What the fuck was his problem? He made things way harder than they really needed to be

What the fuck was his problem? He made things way harder than they really needed to be.

OCD? Autism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=21wboYWRsLE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He just wanted a good ol' fashined family christmas.

autism

That mall clerk thot though

His expectations seemed extremely unrealistic considering the massive amount of time and effort. Again, he made things far harder and more complicated than they really needed to be.

At the beginning of Christmas Vacation He wouldn't let the thing with the Truck driver go, endangering his family's life. They could easily have just gotten a good tree at any of the DOZENS of tree farms that pop up this time of year. Then to say he coated his house with excessive amounts of lights would be an understatement.

It's like it was a matter of pride or something. He wouldn't simply just DO things. They HAD to be bigger, flashier and more grandiose. Then he would pitch a fit when things didn't workout the way he wanted. He always claimed it was about his family, but in the end it was always about HIM and his unrealistic expectations.

Clark Griswold was an extremely selfish man.

Sorry you didn't have a dad.

No, he's just a perfectionist, and wants to persevere through adversity. Have you seen at what lengths he goes to make sure they always have a solid vacation?

And he will never be a dad, because sex is involved,the kind that involves a girl.

>christmas vacation
>actually not a vacation at all and they stay home
FUCKING DROPPED

The other family members were on a Christmas vacation

GOAT Christmas intro?
youtube.com/watch?v=21wboYWRsLE

Picked back up.

Christmaass Vaaacaaaaaaaashuun

Are you talking about Clark Griswold or Chevy Chase?

Yes

Vacation = Christmas > European >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vegas

I've never seen any of the Randy Quaid spinoffs or the remake and I don't intend to.

>music by Angelo Badalamenti

Waaaaaa

MALAKALIKIMAK IS A EORF YOU SAY ON A WARM HAWAIIAN CHRISTMAS DAAAYYY

Truck driver here.
I have Holiday Road on and endless loop.
11'sh hours a day.
(Gonna have to Google that song,on the road and stupid phone no make link)

Holiday Road is easily one of the most perfectly crafted songs written for an opening of a movie. The main chorus follows a traditional setup, but goes off on an unpredictable harmonic tangent, and due to the range it becomes a chorus that everyone wants to sing along to. Fucking brilliant musical writing.

Drove around and heard that song today.
One of those songs that are fun,but only once or twice a year,but still fun.
Nice post!

That face reminded me of times American comedies were actually hilarious. Thanks OP.

I take it you're not American

Wtf is chicago beans?

Last post was a good,but I do have a "happy" play list and that song is on it.
Also have the Welcome Back Mr Kotter theme.
Shockingly difficult to make a playlist where every song makes you smile,also you can't listen to the whole thing,or else it stops working,you need to burn it on to a CD,hit random,2 songs max,the toss it in the back seat

BEARS!
Local crochet organization.

Presumably the kids were out of school on a Christmas vacation.

What did Sup Forums think of Ellen Griswold?

Does it make anyone else sad that this comfy imaginary family lives in chicago while in reality it's a literal nigger filled hell on earth?

>knew us young boys would love to see her milf titties

>shows them to us

love her

I get a boner every time I hear this song because he imagines the lingerie girl at the mall with her top off during the song.

Yeah. He had in his head the American ideal, and just expected his family to have that. He can be an idiot who doesn't know when to quit, but he means well for the family as a whole. He's a traditional guy who places the responsibility of the family's success in these sorts of things on himself, the provider.

She really was a qt back then.

>tfw she almost cucks clark with ugly ass wayne newton

Didn't he almost fuck the blonde chick or was he never going to at the motel? I forget.

He was a bad friend.

He was a good friend.

True, he seems like he will cheat on his wife if he wasnt always interrupted

>Movies NEET virgins will never understand

He wanted to be a good provider and give a good holiday experience to remember to his entire family

>mfw her shirt hangs open when her and clark are cleaning trash off the kitchen floor

Just enough to stir the loins while still being tasteful.

Christmas Vacation is basically my entire cultural schema in movie form.
I feel so at home watching it, but then I have to remind myself that those days are gone.

My favorite part is when the grandparents arrive...

>I have these really painful bunions, and if you rub them, I'll give you a whole quarter...
Oh, a quarter, that's great...
And I'll give AUDREY a quarter too, Audrey...

MOMMY

Sorry...greentext is shit today...combined with an endless fucking capsha

Would be interested in seeing that playlist, user.

He's just an asshole who fucked up his career for being an asshole. Simple as that

Even though it sounds like a female singing the harmonies, it's actually all Lyndsay Buckingham

So many good parts.

>Grace? She passed years ago.
>Are you serious, Clark?
>I don't KNOW, Margo!
>I would beat you with a rubber hose...
>When Eddie touches the windmill by the eggnog and it falls apart
>When Elaine Benes gets jumped by the squirrel
>Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas. Kiss my ass. Kiss his ass. Happy Hannahkah

Her in the shower in the first movie was one of my first faps

>>Grace? She passed years ago.
Then the husband,a walking cadaver,points at his own mouth and GER-AY-SS. The praise!

You low lieing four flushing two bit half assed worm.headed spotty lipped back biting monkey headed sack of shit! Hallelujah,HOLY and HOLY SHIT!

(That was from.ten years ago memories, non Google). Give it a shot,kinda fun,no google allowed.

Spotty lipped is my favorite.

I think "You serious, Clark?" is my favorite line. The delivery is perfect.

>we needed a coffin...I mean a tree

his goal was to make people happy but his disconnect from reality kept him from realizing he wasnt pleasing anybody.

also just writing to set up cuhraaaaziness

rusty grew up to be leonard on big bang theory

>>Grace? She passed years ago.
If that was in a movie today it would be a reflection scene on how bad alzheimer's affects us all

The remake had some good chuckles, despite Ed Helms.

Best things about the remake were the insane car they buy for the trip which takes the family truckster to the next level; and the psycho younger son.

Charlie Day's scene was funny too. Thor Hemsworth's bit was funny too, but they put all his funny bits in the trailer.

>What the fuck was his problem?
>OCD? Autism?

Cocaine.

When Clark and Uncle were in the Wal-Mart and the guy just kept picking up every bag of dog food as they walked by.

He was also the golfer in that episode of My Name is Earl

Doing God's work, user.

MOAR Mrs. Griswold

She’s like 60-odd now.

He also got hooked in I Know What You Did Last Summer, and played himself in Entourage.

Alpha Chino had fun with that for 30 years.

DA BLESS-ING
>says the pledge of allegiance

Chicago is massive, there are loads of nice neighborhoods.

Sarandon is like 70, but still highly fuckable.

??

People age?