Why did actresses have yellow teeth in movies before 2000?

Why did actresses have yellow teeth in movies before 2000?

because that's their natural tinge and the pearly whites are a meme sold by the dentist industry

whiter teeth = less enamel = more dentist appointments

So it took them this long to make pearly whites a meme?

they've constantly been pushed. rule of thumb is if the teeth are whiter than the eye, they're fake

To answer OP's question.

Back in the day, visual perfection of a human was always used as an indication of something artificial; a visual indicator of something not to be trusted. The more flaws you could see in a person in a film, the more trustworthy they became.

This is incidentally why Julia Roberts served as an interesting enigma for most of the 80's...remarkable smile, and yet, she still had to gain your trust.

Those teeth don't look yellow

The toothpaste industry was built on a lie. They pushed brushing teeth to "get rid of that film" on your teeth which is normal and good for your teeth. Just as bad as the tobacco industry and the sugar industry.

How is Andie MacDowell not jewish?

Crest whitestrips hadn't been invented yet.

Yea I pretty much stopped brushing my teeth and I never use shampoo anymore and my hair looks better than ever.

If our body was made to be self regulating, why do teeth rot without external care? what did the cavemen do after eating food? does natural (nuts berries etc) food really not affect teeth?

That!
People with pearly white teeth in historical movies are distracting.
Fortunately, only american actors are doing this. I always loved Kristin Kreuk smile because she kept not so perfect teeth.

Those teeth don't look yellow at all.
Although in response to the general gist of your question, standards in TV / film appearance have been increasing over time. All the famous actors / actresses in Hollywood have had shitloads of money, lots of time, and an obvious incentive to obsess about their physical appearance, and all of these factors led to them competing with each other to ramp up how attractive they could look, which constantly raises the bar of what normal looks like and forms a feedback loop back on these efforts to make themselves look more and more attractive.

cavemen didn't eat and drink pounds of sugar a day.

so thats it? if you stopped consuming sugar your teeth wouldnt yellow or decay?

I don't know about nobrush but ceasing shampoo is 100% legit

Totally

shampoo is certainly a big meme, but you should brush and floss your teeth regularly (dont have to use 'whitening' toothpaste). your gums will get fucked and your teeth will ache from heat/cold. it's not good. fuck shampoo though

found the yuropoor

>watch American daytime tv
>everyone has teeth so white it blinds you

fuck she was fine in that movie.

so what do i do when my hair gets greasy after a few days? i can only go about 3 days at the most

start get more paranoid about my teeth, had to get some plaque removed from back of bottom front teeth

follow dentist advice recomends tooth paste and harder brush

have a tiny patch of enamel wear on my incisor now

never had sensitive teeth before and this is horrible

Our diets just aren't suitable for human teeth. So unless you just eat vegetables and meat for the rest of your life, teeth are going to decay without external care.

Also your saliva should neutralize any acids after a while without eating. However most ameriburgers cannot go more than a few hours without food so this impossible.

Once your teeth have some damage, it's just a constant patch up job for the rest of your life.

Because your scalp is used to being stripped of its oils daily so it is over producing to compensate. Just give it time to adjust

They're memeing. Of course wash your hair.

tiny bit of shampoo for smell
warm water
finish with cold water

>not using activated charcoal for your teeth

honestly there is a sweat spot after like 1 month of no-poo where your hair looks fucking sweet. eventualy it starts looking greasy again though. also dandruff and not cleaning your scalp ever are obvious downsides to it.

As soon as the dentist was done with my teeth, they were sensitive to cold and hot on one side. I was told that's just how my teeth are despite never having this before going.

they have preset post production filters that make sure yellow teeth never show up except where they serve a purpose

condition your hair twice a week, shampoo once every week-2 weeks and shampoo is for your scalp nigger. Eat better, stop ingesting filth and your skin, nails and hair will look normal

Yellowing is caused by too much corn/grain in your diet.