/STD/

The mirror universe is real for Star Trek!!!!

Why isnt there a thread for everyone hyped for mid season break to end to get their next ep of STD?

what is a mid season break?

STD's lol

A mid season break is when CBS all Access takes off in the middle of the season due to all the hype that real trek fans and scifi fans have for STD.

This new trek is more popular than every other trek combined so they took a break from airing the rest of the season to not blow peoples minds too much.

MA REY SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE

Im surprised how these threads died when they went on break.

I miss the dedicated Trek threads.

anyway, love this show. good change. much needed. butthurt fans need to be more comfortable with change. Let them do their own thing.
Trek was always hated first seasons

>butthurt fans need to be more comfortable with change.

Even the cast said they dont want those losers watching the show if they dont like it because this show is meant to be new and change everything those idiots thought they knew about trek proving their not fans and are just white trash.

just got netflix

had to stop at episode 4, Its so bad its made me enjoy ENT so I am giving that a watch now instead

mistakes into micri

wow sounds like someone doesnt understand what scifi is, have you seen the newest star wars or wait lemme guess you hate seeing empowered women who put men in their place as is their role in any natural society.

>butthurt fans need to be more comfortable with change.
Fuck them their not real trek fans if their not down with STD, their just haters.

Did you guys see the episode on Discovery where the creators of STD show their in the mirror universe by using mirrors to travel back and forth while referencing alices through the looking glass just like the old show?

I've been meaning to write this for a long time, but the wine has made me do it. I hate STD. I really hate it. It is such a clusterfuck of poor decisions, so much so that at this point I can't even find it in my heart to forgive the actors who are for the most part trying to do the best with the material they're given.

The writing is such shit...shit shit shit. You know why TV in general sucks today so much? Because the writers were not trained as actual writers. They don't understand how to use language in its most basic fundamental ways. They don't understand the power a single word has, nor do they understand what to expect of an audience. They don't understand the concept of mystery, or deception, or careful obscurity. Surprise, humour, brevity, timelessness...all of these elements are non-existent in this show.

You know why I don't give the actors a pass anymore? Simple really...they revel in the fact that their version of Star Trek is different than ones in the past without taking into account the issue of what is different regarding the quality of writing and storytelling. They simply believe that because it's different, it MUST be better. Fuck that.
Sorry...I could say more, but I thought if anyone would understand, you Anons would.

I hate the theme song...I really hate it. Very poorly constructed from a musical point of view, and the damn visuals make it worse. It's not that it doesn't feature a ship flying through space...that's not the problem, though it's a flaw. It's that the visuals focus on tech elements of the show instead of the purpose of the show. In older Star Treks, you see the damn ship flying around space...through nebulae, around planets, etc...DISCOVERING shit. And what do you have in fucking Disco? Technical manuals of equipment. Really? The focus of the damn opening is not on the reason for the journey, but THE TECH USED IN THE JOURNEY!! And it's not even the tech actually used....has anyone noticed that the communicator is closer to the standard TOS communicator than the one seen in the show so far? Fuck...FUCK FUCK. Why do these people do such stupid things?

has the discovery shill finally gone mental

>It is such a clusterfuck of poor decisions
Yet you cant name one and keep in mind that RT has it as one of the most highest rated fresh shows ever made because it has diversity.

>The writing is such shit
Then why does CBS say that they have had over 6 million new sign ups to their Pay Per View service due to how wildly popular and viral the show is?

> Because the writers were not trained as actual writers.
Uhhh its made by Kurtzman the same genius who made the recent mummy movie which was critically acclaimed because he got rid of the boring stale brandon frasier and created something grim and dark without hope which is more like reality.

> They don't understand the concept of mystery
Did you see The writers are showing how the crew on STD are using mirrors to travel to the mirror universe like in the original show.

> Simple really...they revel in the fact that their version of Star Trek is different than ones in the past
That is right and the main character even talks about how she is the first black officer on Star Trek setting a new standard for the series since Trek was always basically a racist show which hated black people which she talks about, and those are the only fans who dont like STD.

>I hate the theme song
Honestly from its complexity and depth its the best theme song a trek series has ever had and the most artistic opening that literally leaves you wondering what it is even for until the show starts so nothing is spoiled.

I hate the characters. The whole draw for the shows in the past was that we'd have a collection of characters in an atmosphere that represents something BETTER than what we see in real life. A fantasy world to disappear off to when we're not working our asses off to pay fucking rent. And what do we get?

Michael Burham. A character that we're told over and over again is the best fucking officer Starfleet has ever seen...and every thing that she does is shit. Every decision is shit. And to make matters worse, the damn series is centered on her, so she's the one who has to save the day even though smarter more qualified people that surround her can't figure this shit out. It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't have a fucking attitude of 'I don't owe you shit, YOU OWE ME!' All the damn time.

Which is another thing that really makes me angry. Why the fuck is it all of a sudden a requirement of Vulcans to act like assholes all the time? To repress emotions is not to be an asshole...yet that is what Jar Jar has done to the 2009 Spock and what has been done to Burnham. Why? Can ANYONE tell me why this was done? Is there any reason for this? Fuck...

God bless you...I haven't laughed that hard in a while...sides in orbit along with tears down the face.

I dont know about you, but I think your missing out on what is the best show rated out there right now than any other show.

STD even spits on the graves of dead and dying shows like GoT and Walking Dead whose fan bases are leaving in droves to tune into STD.

No. I've been keeping this inside but I can't any longer. No one understands.

are you talking about the new mummy movie? because literally everyone forgot about it until you made this post

>how she is the first black officer on Star Trek setting a new standard for the series since Trek was always basically a racist show which hated black people which she talks about, and those are the only fans who dont like STD.

i wonder what it's like to be so stupid as to actually think this way

>collection of characters
That was racist, now the show focuses on one character since as they said at SDCC before the show aired, its time for Trek fans to embrace the blackness of Star Trek by having a main character who is a black empowered female instead of a crew or just using a token person in the background.

this show is GOAT and anyone who disagrees is a trump supporting alt right neonazi

How can you hate any show where the entire cast is brave enough to take a stand against US veterans and their islamophobic practices of attacking muslim countries?

>are you talking about the new mummy movie? because literally everyone forgot about it until you made this post
uhhhhh yea, its made by the same guy Kurtzman who is the creative genius behind STD and said he was going to turn Star Trek upside down by not being a slave to canon and making it up as he goes along just like the original show did.

That's why I love you guys. But there's more.

I know that they have no choice but to make things completely different visually and aesthetically from the original, because of the rights being held by different companies. I mentioned the other night how I was entirely unsure how much they had to pay for rights to use the damn Tribble...I can only imagine.

But if that is the case, and THEY KNEW THIS IN ADVANCE, why the fuck didn't they do a post-quell like everyone wants. Something after Voyager, where they could do ANY style they wanted, and they wouldn't run into the problem of fucking up canon. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? It's such a basic logical flaw you'd think that the damn company is run by Ezri.

>Kurtzman
I buy all his movies he is also a studio head for Bad Robot who are the brain children of the new star wars universe that people around the world are loving and the last movie was so good it made more money than every previous star wars movie combined because it had diversity.

>I mentioned the other night how I was entirely unsure how much they had to pay for rights to use the damn Tribble...I can only imagine.
They already owned the rights to that since STD is made by Bad robot their using the same license they acquired for the movies and all the stuff they got with it which is legal.

is STD a great Trek show or the greatest Trek series ever made?

You know what put me over? In the episode where Freckleface says to Burnham, 'wow, I've never known a girl named Michael before...' What the fuck is this?

The only time I can think of something this virtue signalling happening in Trek was in the TOS episode with Abraham Lincoln, when he expressed surprise at Uhura being on the bridge. But unlike DISCO (I fucking hate that acronym, btw), the whole thing is explained by Lincoln AND commented upon by the bridge crew to be a bias that is no longer relevant or tolerated in society. No no, not so in STD...no no..we have to make a BIG DEAL that her fucking name is Michael. Look how FUCKING PROGRESSIVE WE ARE!!! LOOK LOOK AT ME! Fuck. It's so juvenile. Who writes this shit?

Yeah, but the recent movies also had to be different aesthetically from the originals. That's why the Enterprise looked like shit, that's why the uniforms were different and baggy, and that's why it HAD to be a different universe.

>What the fuck is this?
Everything in STD is different Kurtzman said he wanted the main character to be a black female with a mans name to confuse people and he was right it worked. That is how smart he is and why he gets paid the big bucks as in millions for STD and the Mummy since literally noone can think of twists like he can.

Which brings me to another complaint. Zippers. Why the fuck are zippers present? The whole damn aesthetic of costuming from TOS up to Voyager was that no zippers would be present because the assumption was that we've progressed beyond that technology. Hell, today we have universities experimenting with spray-on clothing that dries on you....and yet on DISCOSTD we have...zippers. Why are details like this missed? Are they done on purpose? BECAUSE WE'RE GOING TO BE DIFFERENT?????? Fuck.

Or how about the damn rank pips on the insignia...everything is wrong about that. Not only the insignia being wrong, but the rank pips cannot be seen unless you fucking stare at the person's chest for long enough. Idiots. Idiots running this fucking thing.

>Yeah, but the recent movies also had to be different aesthetically from the originals. That's why the Enterprise looked like shit,

Look at this image for proof that the original show was trash which is why everyone hated it who is a real scifi fan. STD has holographic sequencers with full body display and they have ipads, plus unlike the crappy TNG show the screens are all blue which is more realistic since their easier to read than using colors like on TNG with LCARS which looks like its made by a child since its not sleek or cool looking.

>the whole thing is explained by Lincoln AND commented upon by the bridge crew to be a bias that is no longer relevant or tolerated in society.
They never said it wasnt tolerated, just that people grew past it, its tolerated, notice noone is shocked when he says it. I get what you mean though bro its all good.

The most depressing thing...I could go on and on about everything from the ship to the individual characters to the makeup. But the worst part of all of this is the fan reaction.

How many fucking blogs, how many YouTube uploads, how many Star Trek fans are trying to think of ways to make this debacle fit somehow into their previous canon? You see it all the time...'well, if X were to happen, then that is the way DISCO could work...' or 'well, I'm sure that problem will be explained in a future episode'.

All this post-episode justification (not to mention the fucking atrocious aftershow) to fit a square peg into a fucking prostitute. The desperate attempt to convince themselves and their viewers that 'this is the real Star Trek'.

But perhaps that's not the greatest crime of all. The argumentation tactic that says, 'don't criticize it unless you've watched it'. Fuck you. I've watched enough of it. I gave it a chance. It failed miserably.

The characters inspire hatred in others, not love. Would ANY of you want to spend a week, let alone a day with these people? They're all assholes. And they treat each other like assholes.

>But the worst part of all of this is the fan reaction.
How every real fan loves the show, and the cast even told people who like the old trek shows to not even bother to watch it because their not wanted.

>how many Star Trek fans are trying to think of ways to make this debacle fit somehow into their previous canon?
Kurtzman and the other women both said the show is canon and since their the creators they get to make the rules they said. Noone will tell them what to do as they stated and they refuse to let canon get in the way of their creative genius when it comes to their literary creations.

>Would ANY of you want to spend a week, let alone a day with these people?
Its the most highly rated Trek series ever because it has diversity, everyone is talking about it and everyone loves it because of that.

>when you've joked about shilling intensifying and then you see this thread

mother... of god...

Maybe that's the problem. The writers think that representation = characterization. That if you show someone who IS something, then all of a sudden you have a character.

But then that's the logical extension end result of leftism attempting to create art through identity rather than individualism. And that would be too big of a jump to accuse them of just yet. They're not that smart.

You know why Star Trek works? Because it's a pure meritocracy, and anytime that doesn't occur, it's commented on by a character. People get to their position because of their skills, talents, and work ethic. That's why having a black woman on the bridge is no different than having a russian man or a japanese guy. That their races, ethnicities, and fundamental differences of social behavior DO NOT MATTER because they've proven that deserve to be there.

Perhaps that's the key then. That this kind of meritocracy is the nail in the coffin to the current year thinking. Perhaps modern people can't handle that, because it destroys the illusion that everyone is special and talented and skilled.

When Picard was the captain of the Enterprise, how many times did you have a character come up to the camera and tell you that he's the best fucking captain in the whole of Starfleet? All we needed to know was that he commanded the flagship...but he doesn't have anyone kissing his ass except the occasional ensign who doens't know any better. Even Riker doesn't give him leeway. And throughout the series, we SEE why Picard is awesome through his intellect and actions.

Every episode, I kid you not, EVERY FUCKING EPISODE of STD has at least one character mentioning that Michael Burnham is the greatest officer in the fleet. Fuck I hate this show. How many times do we have to be told this, and yet not be shown it?

And have you noticed how every problem that exists can only be solved by Burnham? If she's not on screen, we're constantly reminded she exists through excess dialogue. When Poochie is not on screen, everyone should be asking, 'where's Poochie'.

Fuck...you'd think these people write this show just to piss me off.

>That if you show someone who IS something, then all of a sudden you have a character.
All they talk about is diversity if you look at any of the interviews, that is why tens of millions maybe hundreds of millions are all talking about how great STD is since it has diversity and LGBT representation.

>But then that's the logical extension end result of leftism
Star Trek has always promoted Communist ideals, every real fan is a card carrying communist because the show has always as Roddenberry created been a communist utopia which is why more and more people are turning their backs on America and turning to the teachings of such intellectuals as Karl Marx thanks to STD.

> People get to their position because of their skills, talents, and work ethic.
How is that fair to black people though? The main character is black and so far has not encountered a single situation she couldnt win because of that. Even on the planet Vulcan she was smarter and beat every single vulcan on the planet because she is an empowered woman proving that equality and diversity are what real fans want.

I'm done. I won't say anymore. Thanks for listening...god I've needed to let that out for a long time. STD isn't Star Trek. It's written by idiots, acted by the uninformed, and supported by people who don't actually watch it.

You never know how great things are until you lose them forever.

>how many times did you have a character come up to the camera and tell you that he's the best fucking captain in the whole of Starfleet?
Not often but notice in STD everything is different even people who never met Michael talk about how she is the greatest officer in the history of star fleet like when she is on the prison transport after directing a mutiny to fire on the klingon ship to prove their a warlike race as Sarek said and she was right they fired back like the drumpftards their modeled after as the shows creators said because everyone on the show is very vocal about how much they hate Trump because they support Freedom like all real trek fans do.

>And have you noticed how every problem that exists can only be solved by Burnham?
The other characters exist as props for Michael to prove herself its what keeps the show interesting, none of the characters have any character or personality you can rely on it because it will change dependent upon the situation to insure Michael comes out on top like any true hero story.

>dude Elon Musk
you people watch this garbage?

>Thanks for listening...god I've needed to let that out for a long time.
we've all been there user, thanks for typing all that. I read it all and it mirrors the same feelings I got and why its NOT Star Trek. Someone should archive this thanks to your hard work setting in stone why we as fans hated this show from the start.

Internet Hi-five fellow user :D

When's the next episode?

the orville viewerbase is all hicks that like family guy

>Musk
Elon Musk is canon and the people at Memory Alpha have been instructed to make a page dedicated to Elon Musk since their owned by CBS now just like how disney owns wookiepedia. Those lazy slackers at MemAlpha have been slackin tho lately

>the orville viewerbase is all hicks that like family guy
That is true, STD is far more sophisticated and they spend over 8 million per episode on the post production alone. Look how cheap and shitty orville looks with no lens flare or chromatic aberration, literally nothing. It realy prooves how Orville is made for loser plebs who hate scifi.

mfw the show goes from a prequel to a sequel after ep 10. WEW

it's just McFarlane, he's not that funny a writer and has to rely on references to the 80s in his other shows to get by, put someone else in charge of everything script related and it'd probably be better

>mfw the show goes from a prequel to a sequel after ep 10. WEW

MFW Q shows up at the end of the final episode and says this experiment is a failure and snaps his fingers blinking the show out of existence.

>put someone else in charge of everything script related and it'd probably be better
doubtful family guy has been a huge hit, and Orville is another slam dunk for him. If someone could do better they would, then again look at how shit STD is to see how that turned out and look at the kind of people who made STD to see why its so shit.

michael is so unlikable it hurts

Will STD go viral?

He's got that smug "I got fucked by Kevin Spacey once" look.