Am I the only one here excited for The Last Jedi?

Am I the only one here excited for The Last Jedi?

yeah

Yes but I might fast forward the parts w/o Luke

If everyone stopped caring about capeshit, scifi, fantasy and romcoms the world would be a better place

you're probably the only one hear who hasn't read the leaks yet and realized it's beyond garbage then

Its surprising how few threads there are when we were inundated by threads before TFA. Either the mouse knows we are a lost cause, or its a silent admission from star wars manchildren that TFA was not very good and no one is excited about it

I want to die in my sleep. But then I remember that a new Star Wars comes out in a week and a half, and figure I better not die yet.

even reddit isn't hyped about it
I think the mouse may have fucked up (that said, they'll still make bank, we all know they will)

stor wobs

i just don't care anymore

the original star wars trilogy was such a fantastic success of imagination and talent and emotion and wonder. its lasting power is how tight it holds on the imagination and the realization of how few other films are truly capable of pulling off such a feat.

i thought disney understood this, because disney for all its flaws is capable of making a very good good film, and because nothing could be worse than the prequels, and fool am i. disney has made something even worse than the prequels, they have made a dull cash cow, and every star wars film from here to eternity will be carefully crafted in a corporate boardroom to maximize revenue. in fact, the more i think about it, the less i believe it's possible to make a legitimately great star wars film in today's Hollywood, because their current model (dull cash cow) carries with it no risk.

i saw TFA hoping it would be original, I saw Rogue One hoping it would be original, and neither was, and neither was terribly interesting to boot. i don't see why i should pay $25 to get my hopes up and have them dashed for what will almost certainly be a mediocre reboot of empire strikes back.

star wars was a supremely enjoyable trilogy of movies that bred a few legitimately great books, comics, and games. i do not see the need to dilute that greatness with a lengthy stream of disappointments.

kname one (1) good film by Disney in the last 5 years. I'll wait

not even trying to hate, but it seems like no one is excited for The Last Jedi

Yes

Episode 7 basically set up no characters I care about and a plot that isn't interesting either. I really don't see how you can turn it around in another movie.

>i just don't care anymore
Same way. I don't hate the new Star Wars, but there's nothing special or exceptional about it. The fact that they have ALREADY announced a new trilogy should show that Disney just wants a cash cow.

people will care more about the characters in the prequels in the long run

Prequelposting is loved by Sup Forums and normies alike

I WANNA SEE DA WITESABOHS

Phantom Menace had more memorable scenes and better characters than Force Awakens, regardless of how good the plot is in either movie

It’s time for this meme to end

i'll see it with no expectations

not even normies are caring this time so yea you're pretty much alone

You can't fast forward at the cinema silly!

i'm too lazy to look up what movies disney has actually made in the past five years, so i'll take the easy answer and say the best thing pixar's done. what they did with the pirates of the caribbean franchise, which was really a bunch of good fun although it became wackier and wackier, is more or less what i hoped the new star wars could be

This

>What's this down here? It says "Nuke Coruscant." Do you see that?

i did 1 simeyster of markaking skoool

i wike da new sta woes mobies
i hope dis makes wots of monie

I'll go and see it but I'm not really excited for SW anymore.
Disney know most people are going to go and see it purely so they don't get it spoiled by other people and for that reason I believe it'll make bank but they fucked up in releasing ANOTHER SW MOVIE 6 MONTHS LATER.

Inside Out

The Han Solo movie's shaping up to be a fucking disaster, I hope it flops so Disney can finally get a sense of the hubris that comes with unnecessarily releasing a Star Wars movie every year

Yeah, I agree.
They've got a monopoly on Star Wars. They need to chill and release one every 3 years like the OT and PT.

The main cast they have already sucks hard so I don't know how they can save the series at this point

Rey:
>shes strong at everything and just kinda bumbles through the events of the last movie without having much of a goal

Finn:
>he leaves the bad guys and then uh-

Poe:
>he

Kylo:
>probably the only actual character in the film with goals and motivations