Sup Forums opinion on Blade runner 2049?

What did you truly think of this film as a stand alone sequel? I personally thought it was better then what critics we bashing it on.

It was too long. Could've wrapped it up in 2 hours or less with reduced "Gosling staring into the distance saying nothing" scences.

Also, Denis Villneuve is a hack. All of his movies have this "hey, look at my awesome cinematography shoots" every 5 mins, which takes away from the movie. Dude is trying to put himself over instead of the story and characters.

It was fine other than that.

Fucking idiot

absolute kino except for the sapper morton flashback. everything was working perfectly, i was understanding everything and then villenueve just has to drop that shit in there like im a dumb fucking faggot

I liked it alot, i thought it was gonna be overhyped like TFA and nostalgia bait, but those moments that really lean on you watching the first arent important to the plot and more cool little shit for people who saw the first to get

i appreciate they kept ford being a replicant ambiguous, also hes much better here than in TFA or indy 4

You must be literally autistic for complaining about scenes like that when blade runner 1 literally had fucking scenes like that. Hell 2001 a space odyssey has fucking scenes like that. Even metal gear solid 4 at the ever end had fucking scenes like that. Nice try with that shitty b8.

It's super weird man after re watching the final cut, and reading the second blade runner book it always felt ford wasn't a replicant.

how tf do these movies tie into the Aliens universe? Was just on the wikia trying to figure out the cluster fuck of a mover that alien: covenant was and it listed the blade runner movies as canon in the alien saga? Wtf

Unironic 10/10

probably because the movie really doesnt make it seem like it except for obvious points like the unicorn and the eyes on deckard (that seem to not light in blade runner), and the fact that the writer of 1 and 2 HATES the idea of deckard being a replicant

I hope you never have children.

>"hey, look at my awesome cinematography shoots" every 5 mins
>not being able to soak up the atmosphere

this guy

Ya know it's super weird I really appreciated the "slow spaced out cinematography shots" like you can seriously tell dennis is a really artistic individual, if you ever seen enemy, or maelstrom i feel he has so much fucking talent just based on those movies alone.

there's a movie called soldier that no one fucking watched that ties in those two movies together. It's a shitty action film with kurt russell that shows the car from bladerunner and i believe they talk about some things from alien. it's been a year since i've seen that piece of shit.

They also share the same technology which also confirms it more.

i saw it lol, on UPN as a child

It's one of kurt's shittiest performances. Like i just really hate that fucking movie.

If you guys also want another adaptation of total recall and blade runner, watch total recall 2070. It adapts both blade runner and total recall into one show and it's actually pretty decent.

Normies and roastys hate it because they are literally incapable of understanding what it means to be truly lonely and have no functional human contact. Also the "you're not a special snowflake and you really have no purpose in life" message really goes against their grains, because they constantly like thinking to themselves that they're a completely unique person who will accomplish some sort of grand scheme in their lives. Also waifus, to normies they're just a meme or internet joke. They don't actually understand why or how someone could unironically have one, like K's holofu in the movie.

/kino/ grade cinematic experience. 10/10.
Watched it twice both really late at night. Rain. Alone.

It being a blade runner sequel was a mistake desu.

>standalone sequel
I liked it almost as much as i did the original

Because he wasnt, all the writers said so except that senile hack Scott