Floof edition rebooted.

PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mK0Fp0EyADo
twitter.com/hellothisisivan/status/937620545306333184
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/User:TheBlackadder5
strawpoll.me/14543366
youtube.com/watch?v=Kx10MYrh4MY
bigfinish.com/news/v/99-titles-for-99p?utm_source=dwfacebook&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=99for99
youtube.com/watch?v=FwoIxce_E4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i-is this bread gonna be better?

It will be what we make it. In other words, no.

Yes.

So, favorite Doctor?

what a fucking embarrassment

Handy

Capaldi and Hurt

We'll see if Jodie can take top spot.

am i the only here who does this?

Lymerence is a delusional autist retard who has a "waifu". Isn't that fucking hilarious?

What's his delusion?

The warp animation in Super Mario Odyssey is literally just the Doctor Who title sequence

With all the things Time and the Rani gets wrong, it doesn't even have the decency to reuse the Rani's TARDIS set

It's better because it automatically bumps it to the top

nth for Jodie.

Is... Is that supposed to be Asuka?

Moot's waifu

>Moot
Who?

DELET

youtube.com/watch?v=mK0Fp0EyADo

Moot *is* a waifu

25th for Jodie.

It's kino? Sure you found the right channel?

mfw 20 days til jodie

Reminder that this moron can't find /who/ after half an hour of searching

I just manually do an in-page text search for /who/

After half an hour of searching EVERY WEEK or so

twitter.com/hellothisisivan/status/937620545306333184
What did comrade gareth mean by retweeting this?

he's in no rush to find us yet he's in a rush to save the star wars articles

>mfw 21 days until no more Capaldi

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/User:TheBlackadder5
>the salt on his user page
how many more of his articles should we delete?

Fucking hell capaldi still feels like "the new doctor" to me

>There are big sections of fandom that I appreciate and love... Female fandom in all its forms has been consistently more intelligent than male fandom across the globe. Gay fandom in all its forms has, again, been consistently more intelligent than straight fandom. There's a liberal, American, college-based fandom too. When you come down to it, our central audience doesn't read. And that's a major problem for us... how do we address a new series of books to an audience who don't know what good books should be like?

What did paul cornell mean by this?

gay peepo smata but straighies ahe dummeis

mufuggah

strawpoll.me/14543366
reminder to tell supergrantzilla to fuck offerino

I'm astonished he didn't mention POC fandom. How disgustingly racist.

>everyone I don't like is a cletus

Best Tardis team. Prove me wrong

that's not the genderfluid genius and claudia

You're wrong.

NSFL

The Sutton Who font is good, isn't it?

Yes. Yes it is.

kek

need a fuck offerino, stat

>TheBlackadder5 finally finds /who/ after months of searching
>Gets immediately banned for being underage

Can I just say that it's fucking hilarious that FNA is the glue holding /who/ and the wiki together at this point? It's such an absurd concept.

How hard is it to use the catalog? It even has a search function.

dubs or 0 decides what series 4 episode i watch (no two parter or specials)

>/who...now mostly just talks about pegging Jodie Whitaker and Jenna Coleman
What tripe. What utter fucking tripe. There are mountains of fantastic discussion here over the last few months alone. There are so many intelligent, articulate /who/res here, user and trip alike. Shit Trips 2 alone was a monumentally impressive project with scores of great stories contributed, there's virtually endless great discussion surrounding the TV show, there are consistently sharp discussions on obscure extended media. I'm not even touching why that's all completely irrelevant anyway, since every other /who/re in that thread has already done so very well, but it just smacks of such utter fucking ignorance to decry /who/ as just talking shit about actresses when this place is such a unique, insightful, liberating hub of discussion. I'm not pretending /who/ doesn't have its issues, or that every thread is some scholarly affair (nor should they be), but to act like /who/ has no merit or no interesting discussion is just lunacy. I don't care whether that statement is backpedalled from or not, the fact it was said at all is just utterly ridiculous, utterly fucking ridiculous. If someone doesn't even superficially understand /who/, let alone like it (hell, let alone even FIND it), they have no place trying to truly cast any judgements or call any shots on the wiki.

kek, I can't get over it, I never, ever could have predicted this

Do they even watch Doctor Who?

>17 posters

never mind im just gonna watch unicorn

One of the many reasons why this wiki doesn't always 100% match /who/ is because /who/ changed a lot during the past year, more than anybody seems to acknowledge. The descrepencies between this wiki and /who/ are not, in fact, exclusively the Redditers' and Facebookers' fault, though they didn't help. When I first joined /who/, less than a year ago, lots of different people came with lots of different ideas. Since then, its userbase, opinions, and conversation topics seem to have been shrinking, and this wiki has lots of old articles that sometimes reflects what /who/ used to be like and what its users used to talk about. In all fairness, the change is not entirely anybody's fault. The Revived version of the show was on for twelve years, so it's no longer event television, so fewer people are invested in it. It was only a matter of time until /who/ began to weaken. To counter this problem, we should probably move it all to the forums or the Discord, which are both more easily accessible to new recruits, so that it would gain new blood and some fresh, inspired memes.

I love it when Neo defends /who/, I honestly think he puts it on a pedestal and it's not as great as he thinks (hence me coming here), but it's heartening to see he unironically loves this place

hola senor autismo

checked

This is just prime pasta material. It gets funnier and just more ridiculous every time I read it. The fact he says he's been on /who/ less than a year. Unironically mentioning moving to forums or discord. "New blood". And then to top it all off, "fresh inspired memes" makes me piss myself laughing.

Imagine this hypothetical: Chibnall makes Halloween specials the anniversary institution for Doctor Who, and scraps the Christmas specials. What sort of traditions would you like for Halloween specials? How would you react to that sort of news?

You're damn right I love /who/, and I'd say the opposite honestly, I don't think some people realise how unique and special /who/ is compared to other Doctor Who forums/hangouts/etc on the web. But /who/'s quality is irrelevant to the whole wiki issue anyway, the fact is /who/ is for the /who/res. It's insane this discussion even needs to be had.

I still can barely believe this is real.

>What sort of traditions would you like for Halloween specials?

A trilogy of spooky non-canon stories often, but not always, parodying famous films, generally with a way of interlinking all three via a linking narrative.

I'm streaming my fav Christmas album rn if anyone's around.

Also gonna answer my own question (btw I meant ANNUAL instead of ANNIVERSARY)
I'd be very disappointed to see the Christmas specials end because I fucking adore Christmas and love the Christmas special tradition, but I do like the idea of Halloween specials. DW does spooky stuff all the time, it might be neat to codify that a bit.

Something I'd really like is if that annual special tradition decoupled itself from like the main arc and characterisation stuff of the series, and became more of a one-off thing where Doctor Who tried to grab different writers and directors to do one-off type things. Imagine nabbing Charlie Brooker just to do a standalone type horror Halloween special, or branching out and trying to attract names like that. Christmas doesn't really lend itself to that sort of thing so much, but Halloween might.

Purely a hypothetical, but something interesting to think about imo.

kek, very Simpsons

>What sort of traditions would you like for Halloween specials?
Only original monsters, no repeated occurances. Except for the final special of Jodie's tenure where all the Halloween monsters return in one place. But it'd be good this time.

Spooky alternate intro with orange vortex, skeletons, carved pumpkins and sheet ghosts flying around it.
Maybe redo the theme in the style of goosebumps youtube.com/watch?v=Kx10MYrh4MY
I'm talkin full chessy here.

>bigfinish.com/news/v/99-titles-for-99p?utm_source=dwfacebook&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=99for99

Which big finish would you recommend to me beside I darvos

Lads. They made a Cushing head for Dimensions in Time but then JNT told them he wasn't canon. This is a fucking travesty.

Jubilee
Master
Davros
Omega
Flip Flop
Doctor Who and the Pirates
Bang-Bang-a-Boom
...Ish
Spare Parts
Storm Warning + Sword of Orion + The Stones of Venice + Minuet in Hell + Invaders from Mars + The Chimes of Midnight + Seasons of Fear + Embrace the Darkness + The Time of the Daleks + Neverland + Zagreus
The One Doctor
Colditz
The Holy Terror
The Marian Conspiracy

Oh man I'd love that

Separated at birth?

Thank user

>A horse and a man; above, below
>One has a plan, but both must go
>Mile after mile; above, beneath
>One has a smile and one has teeth
>Though the man above might say "hello",
>Expect no love from the beast below

>What if we had ideas that could think for themselves? What if, one day, our dreams no longer needed us? When these things occur and are held to be true, the time will be upon us: the time of Angels.

Complete and utter Moffkino

Gridlock about to be streamed

CAPALDKINO

Yup, gay fandom is always infinitely smarter than straight Fandom. He's right.

Monsters based on Asian folklore. There's a whole treasure trove:

>Hantu Penanggal (The Malaysian variant of a common form of South Asian witch. Essentially a flying head with the entrails still attached to it: esophagus, stomach, and intestines, searching for either blood or newborns to feast on.)

>Tikbalang (Tall Filipino creatures with the heads of horses and the bodies of men, tricksters who get travelers deliberately lost. Their hair is said to contain magical properties, and are considered good luck charms)

>Preta (Buddhist ghosts who dwell in wastes, said to be the karmic punishment of greedy, gluttonous people. They are said to look slender, with bloated bellies and small mouths, cursed to forever be hungry, and are more pitied than feared.)

One of Russell's best imo
Top tier Rusty for me is Rose, Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways, Love and Monsters, Gridlock, Midnight, Turn Left, Torchwood: Children of Earth, and whatever percentage of The Waters of Mars he wrote

>whatever percentage of The Waters of Mars he wrote
Most of it

Figured as such. What can we attribute to Phil Ford? Gadget?

>wake up
>two whole threads of misattributing my anime pic to Immigrant
Did it ever occur to you that there might be more than one black poster? Christ. (Also those were shit threads and I'm glad I missed them.)

I'd accept Halloween specials provided they always aired in the off-season. It might be more liberating than Christmas in terms of the possible themes, and at a minimum, an excuse to do a properly scary and horrifying episode.

Hard to tell. Typically with RTD, the OG writer would do a first draft or two and then RTD would just go through it all and pull it up to scratch. So it's less "RTD did this bit, Phil did that bit" and more collaborative / RTD adding throughout, or even ditching most of Phil's work and doing a "page one rewrite"

Well, a Christmas special gives Doctor Who an excuse to do something it doesn't do normally and go as big and populist and possible, generally in an extremely light hearted fashion
Halloween, on the other hand... the themes of Halloween kind of entale things that Doctor Who pretty much does anyway, so the only thing I feel you could add to make it feel special is the superficial aesthetics. Is Halloween really that much of a thing in the UK anyway?

>Imagine this hypothetical: Chibnall makes Halloween specials the anniversary institution for Doctor Who, and scraps the Christmas specials. What sort of traditions would you like for Halloween specials? How would you react to that sort of news?

The Waters of Mars wasn't far off one.

Time Lord Victorious is scarykino

In the Writer's Tale it's made pretty clear that Ford only came up with the barebones plot structure and RTD shitcanned all of the meaty Ford bits. I'm willing to bet a grand that Gadget was all RTD. He's a good writer but one of his pitfalls is including the shitty cheesy 'funny' stuff like that.

I'm very much looking forward to those Short Trips featuring Handy coming out next year desu, if only for the fact that It's the very first piece of officially licensed media featuring this "Doctor" since his first appearance (unless I'm mistaken). Wonder if they'll do anything interesting with him.

Fair enough. I'm one of the few who doesn't hate Gadget. It may be a bit cheesy goofy silly, but in an episode which is more 'adult' than usual fare, at least RTD remembers young kids are watching too.

Gadget was worth it for the Doctor's reactions to him desu and the hypocrisy regarding K9
Plus the Doctor's objection the humans "making robots lesser" parallels him making the crew themselves lesser by saving them at the end when he goes full Victorious (this is definitely me reading into it too much but I still like it)

My problem wasn't with Gadget as much of the weird sickly American guy who controlled him. Reminded me of Luke Rattigan from S4. American actors in these kinds of shows are always conspicuously bad.

Yeah, The Waters of Mars is pretty fucking scary desu. Apparently the water zombies initial contact lenses and makeup was so terrifying that they had to change it during the shoot because RTD was convinced kids would have nightmares for months.

Yeah. The team wanted to have red eyes, as I recall, but RTD insisted on white. (He's a stickler for details.) But as you say, then had to have them toned down a bit too in the end.

Won't disagree with you there.

Pretty much.

That's a really, really good point. I hadn't thought of that.
Not sure about the UK, but Halloween is not much of a thing in Australia at all.

I enjoy trying to puzzle out what writers wrote what in co-written stories like that. It's deliciously messy with RTD and Moff's earlier years where they didn't demand co-credits when they perhaps should have.

I preferred him remaining a great unknown honestly, I wanted it to lie dormant forever as something to imagine over, or something the show itself proper could pick back up in decades, but I hope the stories are really satisfying to those excited for them, I know how great a feeling it is when BF pick up a story thread you really wanted them to.

Rewatching the RTD era, it becomes even more confusing why "don't cremate me" caused such a fuss. To me, that's no more horrifying than
>The ultimate fate of humanity as refugees struggling against savage perversions of their own species
>The other ultimate fate of humanity as sadistic childish killing machines
>The distorted consciousness of the dead remaining after death in the form of technology
>Donna's horrific life in the digital world of the Library
>The utterly monstrous behaviour of the humans in Midnight
>Fucking all of Turn Left, especially the concentration camps bit
>The Doctor as the direct cause of a woman's suicide
Also, the whole don't cremate me thing turned out to be a sham, which can't be said for all of the above

I really like the flood they are the new best take on the zombies I seen in long times.

>neo is friends with girls and black guys
unironically how does he do it, what does he have that i dont

RTD's claim that he rewrote a lot of Human Nature/The Family of Blood really, really surprised me

What I always find with Moffat's stories and scripts is that most of his big 'event' episodes revolve around the central concept, with little thought given to the characters and surrounding story. It's like he thinks for months about one great idea, writes it into a script, and then scrambles for a day or two to come up with a story that fits the concept. With RTD you got the feeling that the story and characters came first, with the concepts being created organically as a result of this process. RTD was a much better showrunner imo, Moffat performs much better as just a writer.

It's interesting because Cornell is such a great writer in his own right, and you'd think a lot of his qualities would mesh just fine with RTD. I'm fascinated by what parts RTD worked over most. The plot mechanics? The fob watch did become a bigger thing for that era. It feels bizarre to me to think that much of the story itself would be RTD since, well, you know, how Cornell the episode is and that it's literally from a Cornell book.