One of the most intelligent and misunderstood filmmaker of our time SCHOOLS VILLENEUVE!

Rob Ager (genius film analyst who understands Kubrick better than anyone else except Kubrick himself)

explains why Villeneuve's embarrassingly bad Blade runner sequel was a monumental failure at the box office and gives 3 different versions of HOW the film should've been scripted and ended.

I highly encourage everyone to watch his vids, this man is an absolute genius.
Just watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=yYlgKBYfGCQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8wwqkxJuNTc
imdb.com/name/nm3257913/?ref_=tt_ov_dr
youtube.com/watch?v=5s70tvuXBjI
youtube.com/watch?v=jCN9Akc9zbc
youtube.com/watch?v=maSxuEfGtA0
youtube.com/watch?v=3gJ3mZfGuD4
imdb.com/name/nm3257913/
imdb.com/title/tt3892384/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Screenshot clearly shows a dislike
What did OP mean by this?

cheeto dust

this man is one of my favorite youtube weirdos

one of the most intelligent film analsyers on the planet

FIXED...thanks

whoa is that steven gerrad?

holy fuck he takes 5 minutes to get to the point

A near perfect movie, and a sequel we never thought would be possible. It touches themes from the original with respect, while expanding the plot and adding to the world intelligently. don’t let this man distract you from the fact that in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer’s table.

>gives 3 different versions of HOW the film should've been scripted and ended.

yeah, so easy to nitpick criticisms when the film is already made and done. Fuck this guy and every critic on this planet

>Fuck this guy and every critic on this planet
You're just JEALOUS...

He says it best:
(see image attached) admit that he's right! Don't be a fanboy!

How the plot should have been isn't a receivable criticism for the movie medium. This nerd should go back to Sup Forums

>br2049 shills btfo

great satire OP, you sure told that guy.

imagine people defending actually good movies and not redditneuve trash with such passion

Fuck off Rob, no one wants to go to your shitty 1997 looking website.

Why has Rob Ager never mentioned "Staircases to Nowhere: Making Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining'" ?

youtube.com/watch?v=8wwqkxJuNTc

>great satire OP, you sure told that guy.
But it's not satire, how dare you sir ?
It's Rob Ager we're talking about here. He has an IMDB page. Can you say the same ?
imdb.com/name/nm3257913/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

Sadly, he's been boycotted by the film industry because he has a bad habit of showing his power too much. He's too honest, that's his major weakness imo.

He's a bit of a wasted potential though. I wish he would direct more films but alas...But just subscribe to his channel, his analysis of Kubrick's works are beyond amazing

Dont like him he has an obvious bias against America i dont know if an American touched him as a boy or what but its too obvious to take his critiques seriously.

>1997 looking website.
It was created in 2006 dumbass! I have to re-new my registration before : 2018-06

his ideas are terrible, now he's talking about replicant sex slaves

>he directed a movie
Oh snap.
Where can I see this absolute trascendant mega masterpiece of human creation?

>Blade Runner 2049
It is cheeto dust
It is hot pocket video game
It is canned "pizza sauce"
It is single-serving Easy Mac
It is dog biscuit Axe body spray
It is Dorito crumbs on a hooded sweatshirt
It is Tarantino
It is orange juice concentrate
It is a lotion stain on plaid boxer shorts
It is paintball burger king hot dog
It is a lap-dance at Hooters at noon on a Wednesday
It is coca-cola puberty

I really like Rob Ager, you just have to remember that he has some whacked out movie theories, and is pretty much stuck in the 80s.

That's fine, though. I'd take him over someone completely fake, like that faggot from The Film Theorists.

Go away, Rob

>Where can I see this absolute trascendant mega masterpiece of human creation?

Thank you for asking sir. You can buy it on his website. (don't pirate it please), here is the film's trailer. It's a nolanesque adventure (more complex than Memento to be honest) and into the subconscious meta-dreams a la "Lynch" (only with more subtle mistery and subliminal messages) about 7 people stuck in a mysterious room (i will not spoil anything else, but think Vincenzo Natali's CUBE only way better.

Here's a taste
youtube.com/watch?v=5s70tvuXBjI

I was so glad it didn't do well. Hollywood is basically taking marketing algorithms and exploiting the global market with """content""". There is little artistic about it, it's just a fully industrialized shekel farm. But for us in the English-speaking world, they make sure the post-modern, neoliberal propaganda stays strong in the message. Jurassic World was maybe the one exception, but that started out as a Franchise. Blade Runner was not and should never be a franchise. I would argue that most of Phillip K. Dick's work shouldn't be a franchise. I'm 6 minutes into this analysis and it's gay btw.

>ywn see a strong, independent, mystery meat trans-hacktivist taking down the patriarchal, hierarchical neo-Luddite blight-siders while xir's token black friend drops hood knowledge throughout

Good. Villeneuve did nothing wrong.

>X is a film genius and explains why someone else's project should have been different

yeah art literally doesn't work that way faggot
there is no objective "DUDE YOU HAVE TO DO IT THIS WAY/DUDE I'M BETTER THAN ANY OTHER CREATORS SO MY STYLE IS THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE ONE"

>I'm 6 minutes into this analysis and it's gay btw.
You first have to see his review of the film to appreciate why he's right about the 3 different scenarios he's proposing are superior to the actual film.
Here:
youtube.com/watch?v=jCN9Akc9zbc

>scouser
already dont like him, but will try.

The people in the comments section unironically agreeing with him need to be rounded up and gassed.

Thank you Rob

>that image
Kek

Derl30 is a cocksucking faggot.

>The people in the comments section unironically agreeing with him need to be rounded up and gassed.
They're clearly smarter than you'll ever be. You should sub top his channel and be more humble once in your life. i highly encourage you to watch his film analysis. His observations are just magnificent.

Watch this one he did on the Terminator for example. I don't think even James Cameron saw these things himself while he was directing it. But Rob can see and interpret the director's unconscious thoughts..
That's why i claim that Mr Ager is a genius. (a misunderstood one at that)

Here watch! (that's from bis second channel)
youtube.com/watch?v=maSxuEfGtA0

>They're clearly smarter than you'll ever be.

Irony aside, they all deserve to choke on a live hand grenade.

Based.

I like Rob's videos but I wish he wasn't such a jew. Just put all your videos on youtube and get that patreon money. No one's buying his videos. Maybe he could bundle all his essays into a book if he wants to sell something.

>YouTube critic
>an "analyst"
Real film critics and analysts don't propose how a film "should" be done better or differently, they propose why the film as it is succeeds or fails. You spergs need to stop with the circlejerks and learn something about film studies.

>gives legitimate reasons for why the new Bladerunner is shit
>whips out his AI concept art coffee table book
I like him

>one of the comments links to a Razorfist video

Holy fucking cancer.

>to choke on a live hand grenade.
youtube.com/watch?v=3gJ3mZfGuD4

razorfist makes a lot of good points though

All of Razorfist's good points go out the window the moment you realize it's fucking Razorfist.

i have an imdb page, and i'm a nobody

it doesn't matter mate

i won't watch it but his arbitrary modern movie x old school movie is so pathetic.

>razorfist makes a lot of good points though
I saw his review. The guy actually based his opinion on shitty pirated copy of the film. (because he didn't want to pay for it even though he said that he'd never bother seeing it in the first place).

That pirated version also had 35 minutes missing.. Then based on that he decided to shit on that film. The guy is clearly extremely emotionally attached to the original and already felt it was a sacrilege to direct a sequel. He was already prepared to hate it anyway

He's a massive contrarian and an all around cunt.

>He's a massive contrarian and an all around cunt.
I'm not subbed to his channel but he frankly sounded like a fucking maniac as if he was on something..Like he had a huge adrenaline rush while shitting on 2049.

Why do you keep disliking his videos if you like him so much?

ITT: someone linked OP agers channel and he thinks it's something no one has ever heard of
off yourself kid

>Why do you keep disliking his videos if you like him so much?

>literally who contrarion bullshits for 20 minutes

literally everything he disliked about the movie is disagreed with by everyone else. its retarded

>erhm no actually it WASN'T visually appealing

what? this is just stupid. its like he wants to be contrarian so hard that he didn't appreciate the visuals at all.

just bullshit hunting for clicks

pic unrelated

the debate on how dreadful the film looked has occurred dozens of times here.

>i could make a better film!

Then fucking make a better film you dumbass. Look at his pitiful imdb

imdb.com/name/nm3257913/

He's a mentally ill faggot.

>He has an IMDB page
imdb.com/title/tt3892384/

the movie looked good. to say otherwise is to be a grumpy old man that doesn't know what hes saying anymore

im very glad this man is not writing films if that's his plot for 2049 holy shit

it looked too sterile and not organic

>the future first world won't look sterile
is that what you're saying?

This video is retarded.
>Blade Runners
>Rag-tag, uneasy alliance, action movie. Basically Predators, but about environmentalism
Wew
>Offworld
>A team, it doesn't matter who they are, interviewing people on a space station
>Fanfic backgrounds for replicants from BR1
>Theme is that it is somehow impossible for humans not to fall in love with disposable replicant fucktoys
Wew lad
>Replicant
>Empathy for replicants is boring and already done, what if the new replicants were monsters?
> The old replicants and humans have to team up against the new ones
What if we make a Jurassic Park movie where the humans and raptors have to team up vs a super monster dino?

Fucking hack bullshit with no relation to the original Blade Runner

no. reread what I said. maybe you have trouble with literacy Im sorry

Why do you shill this pathetic rambling surface-level video every single day here, it's beyond embarassing

i just did. you said it looked too sterile and not organic. my retort is that the future would look pretty sterile. now re-read what I said.

you're not psychic you have no idea how the future world will look. anyways its not sterile in the movie (see the apartmen scene) its just done where its inauthentic look.

>its just done where its inauthentic look.
Dd you just have a brain fart user, are you ok?

I'm fine. that literacy comment really got to ya huh

can you provide some examples? the apartment scene was too sterile? what about it? the setting seemed to fit.
it was really small, nothing for entertainment, just him and his virtual girlfriend living in solitude, with a kitchen and a dining table.
it made a lot of sense to me.

that wasn't me lol

He was reaching too far in this video

like the junkyard scene. everything had the appearance of being on a soundstage. like the director has never seen what a junkyard looks like in reality. he focused to much on making a film that he didnt build a realistic world. over directed dishonest

So does Sup Forums hate br2049 or not? I personally loved it.

I enjoyed watching it but didn't think it was a good film.

you said i should shut up because i have no idea what the future will look like - sterile or otherwise

and yet you know exactly what a future junkyard should look like

>inauthentic
>dishonest

Get the fuck out of here, Rob.

it wouldn't look like a soundstage littered conveniently with light foam metals

You really are talking absolute shit. Shut the fuck up.

>modern video games have better gameplay

only a justifiably statement if you completely skipped the 90s and early 2000s and are comparing current games to games from the 80s. the golden age was 95-2005. compared to that time everything we've had in the decade that followed sucks.

>the video is about him coming up with completely different stories that would have been better

not his fault you linked this. OP, why didn't you link his actual critisizms of the movie instead?

>It is Tarantino

lol

make me bitch.

Protip: you wont do shit besides be mad for a few minutes

>genius film analyst
If he's so good why isn't he a director
He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches.

>If he's so good why isn't he a director
He is.
Here's his imdb page
imdb.com/name/nm3257913/

It was really good. Only contrarians who hate whats good and butthurt Ridleyfags who wanted Deckard to be a replicant hated it.

Great visuals, eat shit Villeneuve!

It is a wonder this film with its current plot was made at all.

I'm not saying there aren't better directors than Villeneuve, though I'm certain there aren't many, and I am not saying BR2049 can't be improved because I'd like it to be four hours.

Why is it that the detractors for 2049 sound so angry?

I hope we get a 3hr+ director's cut.

honestly i'm worried re-watching it will never be as good as seeing it in IMAX was

when it comes out on bluray i might upgrade my TV and sound system though

You're being sarcastic, aren't you?

Don't be sad because it's over, be glad that it happened.

what were you saying again?

>You're being sarcastic, aren't you?
No it's really him. That's his real profile. And you should watch his films before making fun of him. He's a genius. Don't take my word for it, here's a review of one of his oeuvres.

Yh he is a canonfag who is basing it all on the book when the first one didn't even follow it and closed off the other avenues

>hellboy 2
>rango
>jack reacher

is he being sarcastic?

>Rogue One
>One of the best movies of the last twenty years

>watch Ager's video on AI Teddy analysis
>in bits
whats wrong with me

>2015
>going online to write in-depth positive reviews of your own work to give people the impression that you're talented

i love rob ager, he made an amazing starship trooper video review on youtube AND THEN TOOK IT OFF AND CHARGE PEOPLE FOR IT
fuck that shit. at least he got redpilled when the bbc stopped accepting white people in some of their jobs to hire minorities

Rango is great though