It's that time of the year again. What's some essential Christmas kino?

It's that time of the year again. What's some essential Christmas kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mDpjOoOcZwk
youtu.be/gvMbgb3MlCc
youtube.com/watch?v=W0nDG91hVu0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Home alone 2: lost in New York
Pure kino

Home Alone
Home Alone 2
Jingle All the Way
Christmas Vacation
Elf

any others?

Just friends

>parade scene at the end of the movie
>crowd is flipping out over the stupid doll he’s supposed to give out
>not going mental over the fact that this guy has a working jetpack

The following review for Jingle All The Way will contain spoilers for the entire film. If you haven't watched Jingle All The Way then I highly recommend that you do so before continuing this conversation.

Jingle All The Way, released in 1996 and sees Arnold Schwarzenegger playing Howard, a stressed father who wants to find an elusive toy for his son on Christmas Eve.

My concerns about this film began before I even started watching, as the premise didn't make much sense to me. I don't see why Howard would be so desperate to get his son a Turbo Man, when we all know that Santa would just deliver it anyway. This leads only to two possible scenarios.
Either his son has been a terrible child this year or he wants his son to have two Turbo Men for some inexplicable reason.
Neither of these paints Howard in a sympathetic light, making it hard to root for the protagonist in an otherwise simple movie.

The extended edition does nothing to solve the issues with original film, instead the scenes have a negative impact.

I could understand why distributors would want to offer more consumers an insertive to buy their DVDs, but I would much rather see these extended scenes via additional extras rather than altering the film I already payed to watch.

During the Turbo Man episode shown at the beginning of the film, Dementor's hand detaches from his body to fire a rocket punch at Turbo Man. This isn't a problem in it of itself, it makes sense within the context of a children's program but it returns again towards the end of the film in a much more startling context.
Myron, having stolen a Dementor costume, manages the same maneuver without even expressing suprise at his own hand detaching and souring through the air. What little suspension of disbelief I still had at this point

Should I (or anyone) watch this?

POOT THAT KUKKIE DAUN
NAOOOO

There are some thing that I never needed to know existed. This is one of them.

Die Hard

That and this.

At least it's not A Christmas Story 2

youtube.com/watch?v=mDpjOoOcZwk

anyone else fuckin hate all christmas movies? Not being bitter re: the holidays or whatever, but the movies are straight up trash and I ain't into it. I grew up watching The Sound of Music on xmas like many other families cuz it was usually on TV. And I loved it because it wasn't related to Christmas at all and was an epic movie. Same with Shrek

Shrek the Halls is GOAT and it's only half an hour, perfect for a quick holiday short film.

Look Who’s Talking Now

a Christmas Carol

Det. Nunzio: [after Scott got arrested] Look, I know you're Scott Calvin. You know you're Scott Calvin. So let's make this simple: I say 'name', you say 'Scott Calvin'.
[gestures Scott to come close]
Det. Nunzio: Name?
Scott Calvin: Kris Kringle.
Det. Nunzio: Name?
Scott Calvin: Sinterklaas.
Det. Nunzio: [annoyed] Name!
Scott Calvin: Pere Noel. Babbo Natale. Pelznickel.
[imitates Ed Sullivan]
Scott Calvin: Topo Gigio!
Det. Nunzio: Okay, Calvin, maybe a couple of hours in the tank will change your mind.

jesus. these people have no shame

The classic ones are good. The ones made decades ago. A Christmas Story, The Grinch animated one, those old stop motion comfy ones with like Rudolph and shit.

A Christmas Story?

I was looking at a website where these jackoffs review "bad movies" and today's movie was Jingle All the Way.
>Jingle All the Way
>bad

Fucking

D
R
O
P
P
E
D

mother of god

Whatever movie you ask Santa for.

Hardcore JAV

>mfw eggnog and sugar cookies

Quinoa

They're just pretending the Great Fourth of July isn't the true sequel

Underrated post.

You posted the best one user

G O L E M
O
L
E
M

"Where's your mother?"

"She's outside petting Ted."

"Tomten är far till alla barnen" (Santa is father to all the children)
Essential Swedish cuck-christmas movie
>woman newly married with the main actor has several kids with 3 diffrent men
>they are all gonna celebrate christmas in their home with their new wifes
>one brings her teenage daughter who just wanna go out and be with her arab boyfriend
>one of the former lovers to the main female lead turns out to be gay
>the female lead has gotten an insemination while her husband has gotten a vasectomy
>turns out she wont to Bongistan and got an insemination from a black man and the movie ends with them next christmas being happy with a black baby
Not even lying
They show this movie every year on christmas eve

My Christmas folder that I watch every year. Kinda add stuff to it as I remember. Few are just comfy wintertime episodes/movies.

>file extensions not visible
>broken thumbnails for certain file types, most likely mkv
>that shitty naming convention

Holy fuck, have a word with yourself bro.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

nice

Might be hard to believe, but not everyone on this board is actually autistic. I have a 16 TB hard drive and as long as my normal folders are easy to navigate, I don't give a fuck about what they look like.

You forgot VLC

i've only seen this one lol

This folder doesn't look easy to navigate at all.

I have no problem with VLC.

It's a Christmas folder. Files pulled from other places. Those individual folders are named the same way, hence, easy to navigate.

Die Hard

Tokyo Godfathers

>teen titans go
>fosters home for imaginary friends
it's time to grow up

Son, most of those files have never even been renamed since you downloaded them. Look at those episodes of King of Queens, for instance. None of them follow the same naming convention at all. And I could point out others. And if you're going to have View set on Large Icons, why in the name of all that's holy wouldn't you fix the god damn thumbnails?

>hahaha DAE die hard a christmas movie?! XD
Upvoted!

>tfw fugged an extra from this movie when we were teens

For a kids move jingle all the way had themes like cucking, violence and bomb threats with phil hartmann playing a soyboy. God I miss the 90s

I have a soft spot for this one

peak christmaskino

i prefer this one

that's a big turkey

i prefer this one

>mfw wife puts a bullet through my skull

Jetpacks are common in thr Jingle-all-the-wayverse

youtu.be/gvMbgb3MlCc

this

and when everyone's drunk:
youtube.com/watch?v=W0nDG91hVu0

>that opening scene
wouldnt mind having her as my nanny

That's the good one.

The Santa Clause. At that time Tim Allen was in that, Toy Story, an auto biographical book, and Home Improvement.

Don't forget the snow.

>tfw Ted has it all under control

Rare Exports?

I'm not even going to open the thread but merely state:

Die Hard is not a Christmas movie.

>Maga
Fuck off and post the original you Reddit filth

Christmas vacation is kino as fuck

agreed, 99% of the movie has nothing to do with Christmas but people pick it as their fav Christmas movie anyway just to be edgy or contrarian

>Home Alone 2 was filmed in a Trump hotel
>Trump happens to be there, they give him a cameo
>Soon young people will look back and wonder how they got the president to cameo in home alone

Santa Claus conquers the martians is kino

The mstk3k ep is a classic

>Christmas Vacation
>Home Alone 1
>Home Alone 2
>Elf
>Cartoon Grinch special
>Charlie Brown Christmas special
>Prep & Landing (surprisingly good newer kino)
>The Santa Clause
>Jingle All The Way
>The Polar Express
>A Christmas Story

Shout out to this user, I always forget this comfy classic.

Kys

I always watch the little lord Fauntleroy on Christmas eve, I'm getting all pumped up for christmas when I think about the movie.

These

Thank you based user and I forgot about Home Improvement. Such a comfy show and the Christmas episode where Randy refuses to go to church but then goes for his mom is KINO

>Christmas Trailer
>"Tis' the season..."
Eddie Griffin dressed as an elf flashes into frame
>For booty squeezin'...
Ay Nigga Muhfucka NIGGAAAAAA
>This Holiday...
WHYTE WIMMEN!
>It's Going To Be....A White Girl Christmas

how am I the first one to mention Bad Santa

Is NBC more of a halloween movie or a christmas one? I always thought of it as more christmas.

>Sup Forums manchild watches his yearly one hundred forty children's cartoon specials
You need to go back

Best Christmas movie coming through.
Pic related.

I haven't seen this yet, It's one of my last Arnolds left. should I watch it this month?

wasn't there an actual sequel to a christmas story that took place during the summer?

Tip top choice my friend.

Eyes Wide Shut

Huh? Is the movie called 'e f'?

Selick says it's a halloween movie, but burton's original short story is more christmas centered

Die Hard one and two (Although I prefer the first over the second)

The President's Analyst.

Spbp

Fred fucking Claus

I can't unsee

Year Without a Santa Claus is top dog

Polar Express. Every year I watch it with my Dad.

A Summer Story.
None of the original actors but the same family of characters.

fucking kek

Spotted the patrician