Why do normies love this performance so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pFUKeD3FJm8
youtube.com/watch?v=qtx9ExfU6MY
youtube.com/watch?v=dhpjKX1j-KQ
youtube.com/watch?v=o9tsC0a9svg
youtube.com/watch?v=vTt0izejSJw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do non-normies don't?

Because it's a great performance.
I guess you just want a pat in the back by your Sup Forums e friends to validate your contrarian persona

because he redefined the character

makes them want to jump on that to-do list and shoot up a theater

He chanelled the zeitgeist into his persona. the plot isn't even relevant, the character could just read a list of phone numbers and people would be in awe (just like the "real" Joker did once)

Because it's good.

He was a good character.

I watch about 500 movies a year, and his performance was great. You're out of your depth, so it's best for you to just quit now.

He didn't redefine shit. He did a great job.

because chaotic joker > mafia leader joker

There aren't 500 good movies coming out a year. That means you voluntarily spend your time watching trash. It's like an elementary school special Olympics teacher telling Usain bolt how to sprint

ITT: OP gets btfo

>you can only watch movies that come out in the current year
what did he mean by this

You understand that it is difficult to realize the merits of a truly good movie when you have no baseline of crap to compare it to? It is why I watch Marvel movies.

Because it was a legitimately undisputably good performance, so the normies feel safe in parroting the opinions of their betters thanks to the lack of controversy. Makes them sound educated and thoughtful to other normies.

You don't really get how scary he is until you see him with that home video recording one of the fake batmen.

Because he becomes a character and does it really well, facial expressions, improvisation, body language, voice work.

It's just good.

Because he died.

His performance was brilliant because you can't find a single shred of Heath Ledger in his portrayal of The Joker.
He was The Joker, yes it sound cheesy but he really embodied him in every conceivable way. And that's what acting is about really.

You don't have to like written character and his written characteristics if you're a source material nerd, but you are objectively wrong if you think Heath Ledger made a poor performance in the film.

Oh yeah, this too. It was all a big media tragedy in addition to That's what sets it apart the most I bet

spank her, she's noughty!

>It is why I watch Marvel movies.
That's your story and you're stickin' to it eh, buddy?

Because it was unironically good

classic hammy overacting done competently seems like "great acting" to teens/people who haven't watched lots of actual good movies.

See also Walter White.

Because I see myself in him. Someone who's Intelligent, Nihilistic and with aWicked Sense of Humor.

Literally me

0/10

the 15 seconds at the end when he's laughing maniacally while hanging upside down from the rope was the only good part of this performance

wat abut da pensil trik

The best part is when he eats all those pills before bed

Its because the Joker is naturally an over the top crazy person so of course Heath Ledger's going to play him that way because doing any less would essentially be underacting.

IT WUZ SEW GUD WHEN BAD CLOWN MAN PUT PIENCIL INTO BADGUYA HEAD HEHEH GUUHHHB

I was expecting the meme trends of 2017 to get better coming closer to the new year, but I guess I was wrong.
>shitty OH NO NO nigposting
>brainlet wojak which is just taking something somebody said and spelling it in a retarded fashion and making bizarre and grotesque wojaks in paint
>literally "I was just pretending to be retarded"
I'm disappointed.

The real question is why 9/10 Eastern European players on any multiplayer game have names like "The JoKeR xXx"

this desu

BUHHH DONT INSHULT MR SCARY CLOWEN MAN. HEET LEDGER IS DA GRATEDST AKTER EVTYER. THE BLACK NIGHT IS GEENO AND ON ANUTHER LEBEL DAN MARBLE CENTROFUGAL UNIVERSE

he was good as an anarchist villain. That was a different version of the Joker we got used to
My opinion: Batman TAS Joker > Dark Knight Joker

I wasn't even interested in the thread actually, I was just making an observation on the meme as a side-discussion.
Personally I always thought The Dark Knight was Overrated (especially Ledger's performance, which although good was overhyped) and Batman Begins was actually better.
Neither of them were really that good either way, and I'm not a huge fan of Nolan's films in general.

Jared Letos version was superior.

>Quints poster is giving into the wojaks.

Reminder that the retarded wojacks picture trying to pass as a pastiche of a meme come all from BUTTHURT DCucks. Notice how there are less response about pajeet shill in super heroes movies thread ? How after many rumors destroyed the reputation of the justice league movie, no DCucks even dared to used based Armond White reviews to defend it, it isn't a matter of winning or loosing. Warner Bros shot themselves in the foot by asking whedon to cut a snyder movie in half, that's it, one of the stupidest move in the history of cinema production. So now, you see they can no longer hold to the reputations of DC movies to defend themselves against marvel fans or anyone else who will criticise super heroes movies, they themselves can't defend it and they are reduce to call everyone who even mention anything related to capeflick. Remember, they adopted the terms capekino for dc movies and capeshit for marvel movies, they were in majority calling every capeshitters stupid and retarded and now they are using the same methods behind those wojack pictures. They try to tell that every superheroes movies is complete shit since they couldn't enjoy one, they respond by telling you that you are defending marvel if you criticise their thought or tell that taste in movie is not directly related to intelect while trying to persuade themselves they hate all kind of comic books movie. They can't accept that they have always seem retarder by exposing they're stupidity. So by believing that everyone who watch fun movie is dumber than them to feel superior from some (you)s. It is not even subtle.

>I watch 1.5 movies per day
>Of my 16 waking hours, about 3 are spent in front of a Sup Forums or computer screen in silence, 24/7/365
jesus christ

Can I save this one?

The Dark Knight — Creating the Ultimate Antagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=pFUKeD3FJm8

The Dark Knight: "Identity Secrets" - Analysis and Explanation
youtube.com/watch?v=qtx9ExfU6MY

The Dark Knight | Nolan's Republic
youtube.com/watch?v=dhpjKX1j-KQ

A World without Rules - The Dark Knight Analysis
youtube.com/watch?v=o9tsC0a9svg

The Dark Knight - How does a Camera tell a story?
youtube.com/watch?v=vTt0izejSJw

Because he's THE JOKAH, BABY

so how many people does nolan batman kill?

>only one user noticed my quints

Out of all versions, he probably killed the smallest amount. Even then, he still had a few kills.

>Josh Brolin in Milk
>Robert Downey Jr. in Tropic Thunder
>Philip Seymour Hoffman in Doubt
>Michael Shannon in Revolutionary Road
I mean, I know he only got nominated because he died, but his performance was better than the other four nominees.

Nah, Clooney didn't kill anyone and Kilmer only killed one person and that was Two-Face.
Bale killed all the dudes in the temple and Ra's al Ghul in BB, he crushed two dudes against the bottom of a bridge and killed Two-Face in TDK, and he killed Talia al Ghul in TDKR.
Keaton's killed the most across his first two films because he'd casually blow up henchmen or throw them off buildings left right and centre.

>his performance was better than the other four nominees.
PSH in Doubt was far better than him, there's absolutely no comparison. Doubt was one of PSH's best performances and PSH is ten times the actor Ledger was.

>PSH is ten times the actor Ledger was.
I'm with you here.

>Doubt was one of PSH's best performances
I'm not here. I was a massive fan of PSH and and this performance paled in comparison to some of his others. Let me down.

>of my 16 waking hours 3 are spent infront of a computer screen
Yeah it would be crazy if someone did that haha can you imagine

i saw

The Joker is not nihilistic

Daily reminder Heath was only 28 when he died.

Thought he was at least Bale's age.

>clooney and kilmer
They were both part of Burton's universe so 1989, returns, forever, and B&R have their kills added.

Reminder that 90% of posts on Sup Forums that begin with the word "why" are posted by whiny crybaby pussies.

2 of the greatest acting roles ever performed and of course you have to not like it to be some contrarian pseudo-patrician, kys if you can't enjoy either of those roles.