Can we expect any known actors to play roles or will all of them be random Polaks?

Can we expect any known actors to play roles or will all of them be random Polaks?

also random blacks

maybe as monsters in makeup, sure

I would love if they used brave Polaks for the Northern Kingdoms and Germans for Nilfgaard. And other EE for the other guys. It would be refreshing.

It'll all be random Brits, lbr here.

Tomasz Karolak will play Geralt

u wot
this sounds the most realistic since Sapkowski is also involved

I really really hope this is animated and not live action.

why not? haven't seen any great animations from netflix

Hope they get a redhead with big tits to play Triss

Imagine being Geralt in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Triss Merigold, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight dress and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my game character and the book character." when all he really wants to do is fuck Yennefer in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Geralt and not only sit in that chair while Triss Merigold flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her burn scars and leathery skin, and just sit there, attempt after attempt, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, TRISS MERIGOLD LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of black-haired sorceresses, sometimes with unicorns for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Kaer Morhen. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with magic in the previous months. And then she runs through the maze, and you know you could kill every single person in this party before the guards could put you down, but you walk there and endure, because you're fucking Geralt of Rivia. You're not going to lose your future in Toussaint over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

God I hope so

None of them will be polish, some of them will be black and all of them will be american.

Idris Elba as Geralt hopefully.

10/10

That would be best case scenario

Isn't Nilfgaard more Russian?

Nope, they're from the west

If it's netflix original, can we expect any Poles at all? I figure they'll probably just turn it into a "generic grimdark fantasy show #3754" and only use grey for the colour palette.

No blacks. Sapkowski was strongly against unnecessary forced people of color, and it was one of very important parts of licencing agreement.
Series gonna be based on novels, not game, btw.

Julian Assange will play Geralt of Rivia

What's the toxicity level of that?

No blacks in the main cast, Sapkowski's got final say in that and he's a bit racist.

South, actually.

please no niggers please no niggers please no niggers please no niggers please no niggers please no niggers please no niggers please no niggers please no niggers please no niggers please no niggers please no niggers please no niggers please no niggers

Although they'll probably ruin it with muh stronk womyn

Not really racist, just doesn't wanna his middle-age based universe be turned into laughable politically correct shitfest.

far too high for an young wolf like you white one

That's what's called racist now. He's a polack, there are like 3 sad blacks in the entire fucking country.

>shitty games based on shitty books
>now a shitty television show

Christ

can we verify this anywhere other than a post on Sup Forums

Fuck off, games are good. Books are shit, full of pedo wankery. Show will probably suck.

name a better adventure game with rpg elements than the witcher 2

witcher 3

Behold your Geralt.

Dragon's Dogma

this, but unironically

>upset video gaming manchildren

Honestly I'd be okay with this

Glad the Sup Forums contrarians showed up to tell us how the more popular game is bad.

idris is honorary white anyways. if it were BOOyega though

they should get lesser known actors and focus the money on sets and special effects (mostly practical).

and they should adapt as many of the short stories as possible and make that the first two seasons. who knows if normies would take to that, though.

lmao the story is all over the place in tw3, and why does nobody know who geralt is when he was called kingslayer everywhere he went in tw2? I have to admit Gwent was really good though.

What if its CGI and not live action

UGH, I thought Hollywood was getting better about not letting problematic people control casting. And people say racism isn't still a huge problem

This would be better if it were animated

This is just going to be an ugly, digital, "gritty" fantasy

he said adventure game with rpg elements not game with the best story

Jeebus calm your tits. At the very least they may include as many black people as you can count with a single hand due to Zerrikania being in the universe but I'd see that as being part of a single episode and not a recurring aspect.

>all over the place
It really wasn't outside of the fact that there wasn't much mention of Ciri in the previous games. The fact that they made her a fleshed-out character that you could care about and that could fit in the current period of the game without knowing anything about the books was pretty impressive.

The main quest maybe, but the amount and quality of side quests easily makes up for it.

Witcher 2 was fine, but the combat was just more clunky version of TW3, and I found that the atmosphere was just worse for the sole fact that it focused too much on politics. It didn't feel "witchery" enough. I'd say TW3 > TW1 > TW2

Doesn't matter who control cast, problematic or not. Licencing agreement got actuall balls and says "NO", so they can't do shit.

Germany is called Niemcy in Polish I think. So I would wager not. Also the Holy Roman Empire warred with Poland long before Russia.I might be wrong tho , not Polish.

Well, that shouldn't be allowed.

Canon yen has bulls on the side, doubt they will miss the chance to make them black

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be HRE.
They are an empire, they wear black and are called "blacks" and they consider themselves superior to everyone else.

Why? Finally someone brave enough to stand against that stupid SJW overload intensifying since last few years.

You do realize that it is based on medieval EE. And there were no blacks chinese or people of color etc in EE other than the mongol raids in early 13th century .

Are you for real?
You're either a nigger or baiting or some cuck who's ok with ruining someone's creation based on European history that has nothing to do with people of colour in the first place
Wtf

But he didn't really ever say anything specific on this, actually even sort of joked that if Geralt was black in the series it could be easily explained with magic or mutation and doesn't stand against the rules of his fictional world. Please stop making Sapkowski into a racist. He's a weird motherfucker, but definitely not a prejudiced one.

She's too old to play Yen now. Should be Cobie Smulders

weeb detected

this. sapkowski is an angry old pole who hates the video games for no real reason but he isn't a racist.

it's confirmed live action

>post yfw when the only black guy is Borkh

Either Mads, Nikolaj Coster-Waldeau, Charlie Hunnam, or another tv lead will be Geralt guaranteed. The others excluding Emehyr/Yennefer will be nobodies easily.

>no reason
No user he's annoyed that the deal was an up front payment instead of royalties, he didn't expect the games to be so popular and now he's shitty about missing out on all that cash

1) Mads would be perfect
2) Nikolaj probably doesn't want to get type-casted
3) after king arthur i'm sure hollywood wants nothing to do with Charlie. netflix can probably scoop him up for cheap.

what about Viggo Mortensen?