Marvel is fucking done. Finished. This is the RLM Phantom Menace review of Marvel. Defend this

Marvel is fucking done. Finished. This is the RLM Phantom Menace review of Marvel. Defend this.

youtu.be/7vfqkvwW2fs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qrXwAeJ87Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=AOAVogw2uNk
youtube.com/watch?v=V27uNl8di2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=SG36KyYzlIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YzWUUxfAnBg
youtube.com/watch?v=O_5NwVy8L5M
youtube.com/watch?v=UcXsH88XlKM
youtube.com/watch?v=GZn6w9ShuQo
youtu.be/FxKtZmQgxrI
youtube.com/watch?v=8VGJGXMUhmc
youtube.com/watch?v=HVJGh51wR7k
youtube.com/watch?v=y5K3RY1OzfY
youtube.com/watch?v=GBp1Y-LoObs
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uoNAFfvKg
youtube.com/watch?v=uPFwKdVe3J8
youtube.com/watch?v=Bxr2rGvVwUE
youtube.com/watch?v=W_p7T1jdnIg
youtube.com/watch?v=O6Gkdme2bck
youtube.com/watch?v=G22gUee8ijU
youtube.com/watch?v=x2OI8LapLxc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Basically the scores aren't memorable. It's 13 minutes of saying that. Considering how different the tones are in certain movies I'm not sure how much of a bad thing that is that they don't have some shared score though, and comparing them to the star wars and bond ones is kind of unfair considering those are probably the most recognizable movie themes period, but it's not entirely wrong

>Marvel is fucking done.
except that video has been out for over a year and they've been doing fine

>except that video has been out for over a year and they've been doing fine

Weather or not your a DChad, you have to agree the music for MoS and BvS were 10/10

Which asian country is this

They've improved, the music playing in the Infinity Wars trailer was memorable, especially the part at the end.

OP is a fucking newfaggot.

Way to be slow, retard.

"marvelcuck" here. While I agree the vast majority of MCU scores are bland, the main Avengers theme is fucking awesome, and so is the Captain America march from the First Avenger.
also the main MoS theme is fucking badass. It's 100% Superman and it feels really appropriate for the film.

>RedditLetterMedia

The soundtrack to TWS, Ragnarok, and OG Avengers are all memorable to me though. Probably because I like synth.

not an argument

>m(arvel's)fw

Mark Mothersbaugh is really goddamn great, you should hear his score for The LEGO Movie.

Now You See It > Every Frame a Painting

>asking normies if they remember a score

Stupid chink

I can't recall any score from either DC or Marvel. Is it really surprising people can hum scores that are repeated in multiple movies and everyone and their grandmother jokes about? Even not surprising to hear March of the Empire or something as a ringtone.

no. There's one "memorable" song from MoS and I only remember it because it was in the trailer.

Marvel also only has one memorable song; the Avengers theme song.

that's where you're wrong, kiddo.

Marvel lost all hope once it jumped the bandwagon.

I thought the music for MoS was amazing, almost every track was basically perfect.
BvS was not quite as good. The theme sounds a bit generic at times and Lex's big bad dastardly villain piano is really annoying.

As for the movies, MoS was average. A bit mediocre and stupid script wise, but excellent cinematography and scoring. The world and suit design for Krypton was also pretty interesting.
I couldn't stand BvS. It was utterly silly, and Lex made me want to kill myself.

this entire soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=AOAVogw2uNk

youtube.com/watch?v=V27uNl8di2Q

Civil War epic theme reporting

Iron Man going full Berserk agains Bucky and Cap with this shit playing was fucking great in the cinema.
youtube.com/watch?v=YzWUUxfAnBg

this guy havent see Antman.

I sort of agree with the video, but I think this by a large margin is his worst video.

What about the song at the end of iron man

Avengers theme is transcendently iconic at this point. 100% of you fucking knew the song the second it played in the new trailer.

>boring scores
>the characters vary between sarcastic jackass and tony snark
>every villain is absolutely terrible
>every fight is a badly-done fistfight in the middle of nowhere and no one gets hurt
>cinematography looks like a day-time cop show
>directors are literally the directors of day-time cop shows and sitcoms
>every movie is so similar they start to bleed into eachother
>the effects range from serviceable to outright garbage
>the action is always mediocre
>even the "best" fight scenes are chopped to pieces because the choreography is terrible
>every movie is a trailer for the next one
>critics give them a free pass on a lot of horrible filmmaking, performance and vfx aspects because "It's just a superhero movie bro it's not high art!"
>loaded with postmodernist "Can ya believe it fellas, superheroes! Pffft" """"""comedy""""""
>have a premade audience of literal human cattle that will never ever stop watching them

>Tony makes a video confidently pontificating about a subject he has no knowledge of in his obnoxious matter-of-fact fashion
>Tony gets BTFO'd by some fucking nerd who claims to be a professional for doing like 1 indie movie makes a counter video proving infinitely more intelligence on the subject than Tony
>Tony gets all niggermad and doesn't make a new video for over a year
>this week, Tony still salty as fuck says he's quitting Every Frame a Painting
I give it a month before that soyboy comes out as a fucking trannie

Infinity Wars trailer is what really made it iconic.

Oh no, a video from over a year ago talking about Marvels music. How will they ever recover. Except their movies have been more successful than ever. All three this year have passed $800 million

You do know the millions of potatoes and chinks that are salivating to pay money to see this poo parade give not one fuck about whether it's kino or not, right?

Huh? Apparently I'm out of the loop on this. What counter video are you talking about?

youtube.com/watch?v=UcXsH88XlKM

thor's theme when he's explaining yggdrasil to portman is pretty memorable. So much so that a version of it is in the end of ragnarok when he takes the throne

and the avengers theme is obviously ok enough that you recognize it when it plays in the new trailer

>Avengers Infinity War trailer is released
>bringing back the memorable Avengers theme
>destroying trailer viewing records
>Every Frame a Painting shuts down
>Tony kills himself

youtube.com/watch?v=GZn6w9ShuQo

This 100%

Sweet, I'm enjoying this video.

The response makes it seem like they weren't mad about the response though. And it definitely doesn't disagree with Every Frame's overall point about Marvel's music.

What did he mean by this

They did the "describe a Star Wars character" test, but with music. It's brilliant and exposed the fuck out of Marvel "bland and inoffensive" Studios.

>describe a Star Wars character" test

What's that?

MoS was good, BvS was mediocre. JL is terrible, not that you asked

>huehue le wojack defends my argument!

Wow, Marvel's soundtracks aren't as memorable as one of the, if not the most iconic film franchise in history. I'm shocked

Just stop Zack this is getting pathetic

We're trying our best to help

>the main Avengers theme is fucking awesome
Fucking this. I don't know what he was talking about when he said it doesn't evoke an emotional response.

Even in the Infinity War trailer, as brief as it lasted, was still pretty fucking ominous.

No one likes Chris Evans anymore. Please use Laughing Cheetah for all future kek images. Thank you.

I've always wondered why Marvel scores aren't memorable, then I remember their films are barely worth remembering too so I guess that's one of the main reasons.

Some of it for sure. The superman theme.

But i honestly thought that a lot of BvS was heavy handed faux operatic. Super iconic themes are not always preferable depending on the movie. It certainly fits BvS, but i dont like having a sledgehammer of music dictating "FEEL THIS WAY ABOUT THIS SCENE" ir gets annoying and grating.

youtu.be/FxKtZmQgxrI
"Describe [character] without saying what he looks like or what his job is." It showed how paper thin the characters in the prequels were compared to the OT. It's a famous analysis that has been endlessly copied ever since.

Captain America TFA, Avengers, Cap 2, GotG, Civil War, and Doctor Strange all had memorable themes:

youtube.com/watch?v=HVJGh51wR7k

youtube.com/watch?v=y5K3RY1OzfY

youtube.com/watch?v=GBp1Y-LoObs

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uoNAFfvKg

A lot of you guys are either being contrarian or are salty Snyder apologists.

Hmm, interesting. Thanks.

>every fight is a badly-done fistfight in the middle of nowhere and no one gets hurt
Except when the character is an extra

Tony BTFO Snyder in OP video when he talked about temp music and 300.

goddam he just knocked Tony off his high horse and made him quit youtube altogether.

you forgot marvel also had the GOAT trailer song for Civil War
youtube.com/watch?v=uPFwKdVe3J8

And a good response to that video

youtube.com/watch?v=Bxr2rGvVwUE

Judging by their last trailers Marvel is fixing their error.

Even then it's usually "Oh good cap and co saved them!", a few nameless henchmen get hurt and Agent Coleson gets resurrected. Then in Civil War they retconned the Avengers saving everyone to "Oh no, DC is using collateral we have to do it to hey remember that arbitrary amount of people who died off-screen? Well here's this student who died don't you feel conflicted about superheroes, audience?"

So if before you made this post, I asked you to hum all of those themes, you would be able to? I doubt that very much.

Probably? Definetely Cap's theme, the Avenger's theme, and Doctor Strange's theme at the very least.

Dude, I could hum fucking Ant-Mans theme.
GOAT BTW

His contract doesn't include singing, but he will if they agree to pay extra.

I agree, the only people who get hurt onscreen are nameless henchman, and it's never fatal. This scene youtube.com/watch?v=W_p7T1jdnIg is coming to mind.

You could say it blew up

>the only people who get hurt onscreen are nameless henchman
Rhodey
Happy
Cap in WS
Hank Pym
Bucky in TFA
Coulson
Helen Cho
>and it's never fatal
Like 2/3s of the Asgardians including the Warriors 3
Yondu
Quicksilver

t. DC shill

couldn't recite any off the top of my head, although I know I recognize Avengers when I hear it.

I can totes hear the Avengers theme. Haven't seen the movie in years but I know it.

Maybe that's a Whedon thing though, he's usually decent about music. Everyone who's ever seen em knows the Buffy and Firefly themes.

He's lying.

her point about the marketing is absolutely right. Marvel's marketing must be wack not using the theme when almost every franchise does it.

MCU has highlight's where it counts: ironman's themes (especially from IM3/AOU), avengers theme, star spangled man with a plan and winter soldier.

>Marvel is done
>when this video was made a year ago
Normies don't give a fuck about soundtracks or cinematography, that's why the MCU is a success and why Justice League is having a hard time beating Ant-Man.

youtube.com/watch?v=O6Gkdme2bck

youtube.com/watch?v=G22gUee8ijU

Now fuck off.

>Rhodey
side character who will be repaired by stark
>Happy
And he was immediately fine
>Cap in WS
haha
>Hank Pym
then immediately fine
>Bucky
and immediately fin
>Coulson
gets resurrected and given his own show
>Helen Cho
who?
>the asgardians
ah yes those faceless extras
>Yondu
Okay
>Quicksilver
I don't think anyone anywhere cared about him and the way he died was fucking contrived
Also a side character

>my opinion is law - the reply

>7 facts
>1 forgotten character
>1 opinion

It was iconic the moment the original avengers trailer dropped, and cemented itself during the moneyshot

You said, "the only people who get hurt onscreen are nameless henchman". Just because the better chunk of them get better doesn't mean they didn't get hurt. Stop moving the goalpost.

Am I the only one that thinks the Ant-Man theme is fucking brilliant? There's been one movie, I've seen it like three times or something and it keeps popping into my head all the time.

Man of Steel/BvS did more with 4 notes than the entire Marvel/Disney symphony

Four chords, retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=x2OI8LapLxc
Giacchino just recycled his Star Trek theme.

>Every Frame A Painting

lol

wheres all the love for ant-mans theme coming from

>somebody on the internet said something
>___ is done

Am I autistic if I don't notice music in movies or videogames? I enjoy music just fine. It just seems I never seem to 'hear' it while I'm focused on the action or the story.

This video came so close to addressing something meaningful and missed the mark entirely.
>muh ebil temp track
Star Wars had a temp track. They are nothing new at all. It's true that many composers loathe the temp track but it is possible to have a temp and still have your movie have expressive, even original music. Temp tracks are a tool and they can be used both well and poorly, depending on what the disposition is of the music editor of director or whoever is putting it together.
>I can't remember any of the themes!!
First of all, usually you can if you pay attention to the main titles. The only MCU theme I can remember is that of Iron Man 2, if it even had any. Themes are not obligatory. The purpose of a film's music is to be underscore. Themes are a popular device because, used effectively, they develop along with the character. This is why themes are so often used, but they are not necessary for delivering a musical undercurrent that augments the on-screen emotion.
The real problem is that directors and producers are piss-scared of having music be something that takes center stage. If it deviates from what their intuition tells them is "generic action music" then they want it changed immediately. It is at its root a problem with Hollywood superstition, that one little change can ruin everything.

>bumbumbumbum bumbumbumbumbum VROO VRROOOOO VROOOOOOOOOOOMMMM
name this soundtrack

I think I read that filmmakers used to like scores that were memorable and cool for comic book movies until it became too much about the music and the movies kept getting worse, for this reason Spider-Man was pretty much the only memorable score until TDK and then only Avengers and possibly BvS had interesting music. Most directors don't want to be overshadowed by their composers anymore or even equalled.

someone shoop that to say JUST

>I LUB DEESEE
>DEESEE SUGS MARBLE BEDDIR

>that retarded serious music for thors friends showing up

nigga do these retards not know this wasn't supposed to be serious?!?!

>Just ignore pop culture guys it's not worth it!

Inb4 time stone shenanigans

huyeeh poop clutcher gug hahah