Battle Royale

I thought she was going to be a main character but [spoiiler]she died after like 10 total minutes of screen time lol.[/spoiler]

Also is 2 any good? It has horrible reviews.

How did you like that EoEva style ending?

From what I know of the meme ending of that (haven't watched), how is it anything like BR?

*I watched the Director's Cut so maybe it's different?

novel>movie>manga

Was he a pedo?

I enjoyed the movie more than the manga. In the manga they rape and kill the MC mom

I wanted to see more of this girl.

No, 2 is fucking horrid. They dropped the central premise, the kids are forced into being soldiers to fight rebels holding an island instead now.

I thought that scene was just a fast forward to the end so I spend the next 2 hours trying to figure out which girl she was and thinking "damn, asians really all do look the same".

Do they tell anything more about her in the novel/is she even in it?

I had a friend who thought the same thing
You silly bastard

The concept they decided to run with is retarded for the sequels. Kids vs adults in a war? At least hunger games came up with a political story instead of just "haha exterminate everyone under 15 what could go wrong in the long term?"

>paired bomb collars so every casualty is a 2 for 1
wew lad
Even making kids fight to the death on an island to curb youth crime isn't that retarded

meh, the premise itself is already retarded, a hunger games style competition IRL is whacky as fuck. and the first movie was turbo campy anyway in a starship troopers kind of way

it sounds like they just didn't know when to quit/how far is TOO far

In the movie this character was just random guy that volunteered to participate in the Battle Royale.

In the book he was actually one of the students and the class knew him since they were all kids and he just had a mental illness that caused him not to feel empathy so he didn't feel bad about killing his class mates.

I read the manga many years ago, then watched the movie and got the book as a gift from my ex-girlfriend.

Never got around to read it for obvious reasons.

Left it at the bus stop, I got ya

In the manga he's practically Batman.

Mitsuko best girl.

hahaha are you me?

The author of the book never wrote a sequel. So that movie was an example of why they shouldn't make sequels to adaptations that originally didn't haven't have sequels.

Yes.

what is some other /gook/film for me to watch? I remember days ago there was a thread about some korean movie I think, that shows "what depression is really like" or something. poster is just a chick's face and some black space or something

I hope that poster sees this thread, wtf was that movie

the symbolism is obviously, yellow girls have orange vaginas inside. also nakagawa was a lesbian

2 is not that good. It goes overboard with it's political garbage.

If you want more b-movie action then Tokyo Gore Police should be on your list.
Ichi The Killer is alright too.

Even if he a fucking mary-sue in the manga i really like the fact he only do it because of a coinflip

>Sup Forums taught me a new term this week!

>he just had a mental illness that caused him not to feel empathy

Like all Asians?

Joke aside, I've only read the novel. Did they really messed up they main antagonist of the story?

>because of a coinflip

was he supposed to be anton or something?

Battle Royale 2 is one of the worst movie I've ever seen.

You think you've seen the worst of it when they take the premise and ruin it completely, but then the main character ends up in Iraq or something and meets the main character from the first movie who has become an anime swordsman...

...it gets pretty fucking dumb

The guy who directed the first one actually died during either writing or filming for the sequel IIRC.

His son took on the task of finishing his work.

Personally the second one sucked, the first one was strictly a FLICK and should be enjoyed without much thought.

The taliban aestethic with the second one triggered me.

Anyone else disappointed that there were no nods to Bruce Springsteen in the movie ?

hmmm, I guess I'm more in the mood of some surreal "not quite gloomy" stuff

I don't know if there is a term for this but a lot of nip media has this spooky surreal otherworldly feeling, I think this is why a lot of weebs and such get sucked into anime and whatnot. I don't really mean "dark" stuff with violence and rape either. I can't even think of any examples because I'm not an otaku pro but I know it when I see it.