Why they didn't give the ring back to Sauron ? Ok he is "the bad guy" but stealing is bad

Why they didn't give the ring back to Sauron ? Ok he is "the bad guy" but stealing is bad.

Sauron is a imperialist pig.
Everything he owns he got by exploiting my ancestors.
Everything he owns is therefore rightfully mine.

it was a spoil of war originally not stolen

But except the orcs, they don't show any black people in the movies

The movies whitewashed the history of middle earth.
The elves and Numenoreans were black.

Oh sorry, i didn't knew this part of the lore

Just finished watching the series for the first time about half an hour ago; In all seriousness, where the FUCK did the eagles come from?!

Thas rite.
Tom Bombadil? BLACK.
Druedain? BLACK.
Elves? BLACK.
Numenoreans? BLACK.
Black Numenorenas? YOU BETTER BELIEVE THEY BLACK!

Only white people in Middle Earth are the dwarves.

Thats true stealing is a sin so a good christian hobbit would give the one ring back to sauron...

Orcs are not black. Their skin color is described as "sallow" which means a sickly shade of yellow/brown/grey.

There are no black people in Middle-earth because Middle-earth is fantasy Europe. There are black people in Far-Harad however because that is fantasy Africa. Tolkien mentions them briefly in The Return of the King.

And don't any of you wiki scholars who have never experienced the legendarium apart from Peter Jackson and video games tell me that Tolkien was writing about half-Trolls. I don't care what your shitty uncited LotR wiki video game articles say, Tolkien's exact words were that these men were "like" half-trolls because of their height and the darkness of their skin.

Uruk-Hai are described as swart meaning dark

>like trolls because of their height
But black people are shorter than whites?

Is Tolkien racist so ?

Why did gandalf become white? To symbolize the white man as a messiah?

>good christian hobbit

Hobbits weren't religious. When Faramir and his men stood towards the west in veneration to the Valar before eating Frodo and Sam felt awkward for not knowing what was going on.

I don't think that Elves were religious either. Religion was a significant part of Tolkien's personal life but he makes almost no allusions to it in his stories.

>He knows this much about little

Suddenly I don't feel like so much of a complete loser.

He was a good Catholic and was against creating an artificial religion for his stories

What was Sauron's end game anyway? Let's say he got the ring. What could he actually do? At some point Eru would step in and fuck him up anyway. Even if not Eru, the Valar would. Either way Sauron's conquest is doomed to fail, it's just a matter of how many will die first.

Swarthy can simply mean tan. In reference to Saruman's hybrids it makes sense for them to have a bit more melanin seeing as how they could withstand sunlight without discomfort. I don't think a fully Orcish Uruk-hai would be swarthy though.

No.

>"The treatment of colour nearly always horrifies anyone going out from Britain, & not only in South Africa. Unfort[unately], not many retain that generous sentiment for long." ― Letter 61 — Written to Christopher Tolkien who was stationed in South Africa during World War II
>"I have the hatred of apartheid in my bones; and most of all I detest the segregation or separation of Language and Literature. I do not care which of them you think White." ― From a Valedictory Address to the University of Oxford in 1959
>"I must say that the enclosed letter from Rutten & Loening is a bit stiff. Do I suffer this impertinence because of the possession of a German name, or do their lunatic laws require a certificate of arisch origin from all persons of all countries? ... Personally I should be inclined to refuse to give any Bestätigung (although it happens that I can), and let a German translation go hang. In any case I should object strongly to any such declaration appearing in print. I do not regard the (probable) absence of all Jewish blood as necessarily honourable; and I have many Jewish friends, and should regret giving any colour to the notion that I subscribed to the wholly pernicious and unscientific race-doctrine." ― Letter 29 — In response to Tolkien's German publishers asking whether he was of Aryan origin

>"It was Sam's first view of a battle of Men against Men, and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man's name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil at heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace." ― The Two Towers, "Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit"

>What was Sauron's end game anyway?

>In my story I do not deal in Absolute Evil. I do not think there is such a thing, since that is Zero. I do not think that at any rate any 'rational being' is wholly evil. Satan fell. In my myth Morgoth fell before Creation of the physical world. In my story Sauron represents as near an approach to the wholly evil will as is possible. He had gone the way of all tyrants: beginning well, at least on the level that while desiring to order all things according to his own wisdom he still at first considered the (economic) well-being of other inhabitants of the Earth. But he went further than human tyrants in pride and the lust for domination.

>At some point Eru would step in

No. Outside of providence this only happened once.

>if not Eru, the Valar would

Perhaps but entire continents have a way of sinking when they do. However right their intention God never intended for the gods to rule over the lesser races. Their direct involvement creates cataclysm. That's why the opted to send the Istari to deal with Sauron, and commanded them only to lead with example, not force.

>responding seriously to a shitpost thread
go to /tg/ if you want to actually discuss Tolkien, friend, you will be happier

The big Eagles of the north are as intelligent as any human. Gwaihir, the eagle King, rules his own eagle kingdom, with lords and vassals similiar to a human kingdom. The importance of Sauron's return and the impending war was not lost on them. They arrived to help out in the final battle because they understood what was going on.

From the movies alone you miss these details because they don't mention the relationship between Gandalf and the Eagles. Gwaihir owes Gandalf 3 favors. The first was rescuing him from Saruman in Fellowship, the second was finding him atop the mountain after he died killing the Balrog and was sent back by the Higher Powers, and the third was helping him rescue Frodo and Sam from the erupting Mount Doom.

Go to bed grandpa you forgot to take your pills

To replace Saruman who in the book had become "Saruman of many colors". Unlike what you saw in the movie however Gandalf the White kept his grey cloak.

I farted and it woke me up you stupid faggot, come wipe my ass.

I can't help it. "Why didn't they fly on the eagles" shitposts always suck me in.

For the record flying the ring would have been pointless because all it would have done is save time at the expense of subterfuge. Time was not an important factor for the Fellowship. If it had been they wouldn't have dragged their feet leaving Rivendell or have taken a month's vacation in Lothlorien. Gandalf wouldn't have taken twenty years investigating the ring's origins. Until Aragorn goaded him on with the Palantir Sauron was still biding his time.

Furthermore, and this is important, the ring couldn't simply be dropped into the caldera of Mount Doom. It could only be unmade within the confines of the space where it was made. It had to be destroyed within the forge. The forge was inside of the mountain, which, for the record, was guarded by an encircling army.

Also the eagles themselves would have been susceptible to the ring's influence.

What did matter was secrecy. The only chance Gandalf's plan had of working rested in the fact that Sauron hadn't considered it a possibility. This wasn't because of hubris mind you. Sauron wasn't overconfident of his capabilities. He knew that no one could ultimately withstand the ring, especially not in the forge, the heart of his magical power where its influence was strongest.

I think most of you miss this because of Jackson's fuckery. Contrary to what you saw in the movies Elrond never took Isildur into the forge to destroy the ring and Frodo did not push Gollum in either. Neither of those things could have happened.

The eagles would also be susceptible to the dragons that were only not around mount doom when sam and frodo arrived because they got taken to the battle at the black gate
You know though, in retrospect, Mount Doom is pretty fucking on the nose, isn't it? Usually Tolkien was a much more elegant wordsmith

>and Frodo did not push Gollum in either
He didn't in the movie, he tacked gollum to try to get the ring back and they tumbled over the edge. I don't remember if that's how exactly it happened in the books, but it's good enough.
But yeah, Isildur deciding to destroy the ring and then going to the forge before changing his mind and leaving, and elrond letting him leave, was both completely not canon and really dumb. Made for a good opening scene though, I suppose

>Also the eagles themselves would have been susceptible to the ring's influence.

And seeing as they were pretty much the equivalent of one step below Sauron sans ring, power wise, that would have been bad.

The fell beasts are pterodactyls, not dragons. Really. Tolkien makes a point of noting how ancient they were.

>You know though, in retrospect, Mount Doom is pretty fucking on the nose, isn't it?

Well that was only its name in the common tongue. Tolkien, in his linguistic autism, would have known the mountain as Orodruin or Amon Amarth. He probably would have written the entirety of the Lord of the Rings in Elvish if he had the time.

So even worse, he was a useful idiot for the master race.

> Tolkien, in his linguistic autism

He truly was a saint of made up words

>he was a useful idiot for the master race

His story isn't racist either.

>He truly was a saint of made up words

He developed, to varying degrees of complexity, over twenty languages with their own unique vocabularies and grammar.

Time started to become a factor once Sauron started his attack against Gondor.

Two days ago I had a dream I was in Gondor when the Orcs attacked and I was not comfy.

At which point Frodo and Sam were already within Mordor.

>He probably would have written the entirety of the Lord of the Rings in Elvish if he had the time.

I'd read it.

Tolkien threads are always fantastic on Sup Forums

>Sup Forumstards really think tolkien was racist
kek, fucking idiots

Tolkien was an imperialist, aka, a cis white racist pig.

Gollum dances around when he gets the ring and slips over the edge like a spastic faggot

Guys, what if they put the ring on a eagle asshole and just let him fly far away ?

why would you make that gif? huh?

Imagine saying this ironically or unironically.

The thing you find about most people who say that sort of shit unironically is that they lack historical context to anything that they say.
They have no idea how things in the past worked so instead of saying, "the British Empire was one of the most benevolent and beneficial empires ever", they say crap like, "bad things happened in the empire therefore it shouldn't have existed."

The ring kind of fucked itself over when Gollum attacked them Frodo used the power of the ring and in his rage declared if Gollum ever put his hands on Frodo again that Gollum shall be cast in to the Fire of Doom. This then happens the very next time Gollum attacks Frodo and takes the ring

>Tolkien was an imperialist

No, he wasn't.