Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ihqDETf324
youtube.com/watch?v=_hoXNXSpmng
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes. I agree

go to bed george

Sounds fair to me

The second 5 is supposed to be a 6, btw

just rewatched ROTS. It's a fucking masterpiece.

>5 twice
>no 6
>full retard prequel babby

My name is Ephraim

5>4>2=3>6>1

This is the true order. Look into your heart you know it to be true. I like them all anyway

>ywn watch the webisodes as they first came out in hype of the movie again

youtube.com/watch?v=5ihqDETf324

The definitive list:

5>4>6>3>1>R1>8>7>2

I actually like 3 the best. 5 is better from a story perspective, what with the drama and the development. But I just love 3 so damn much

The tragedy story of anakin had a lot of potential and would have rivaled his redemption story in the oc if only it was better executed.

Is there a better character than obi-wan?

Patrician SW order: 3>4>5>6>1>2>R1>7>8

PATRICIAN INCOMING

5>4>6=3>RO>1>2>7>8

>4>5
Literally how

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 7 > R1 > 8 > 1 > 2

The objectively correct order.

Why do 16 year olds and anyone who was under 16 at time of release place 3 so high? A god-tier lightsaber fight does not equal a god-tier film.

1 (Star Wars) = 2 (ESB) = 3 (ROTJ)
That's it.

5 > 6 > 4 > 7 > 1 > 3 > R1 > 8 > 2

I've been drinking and this is the first that came to mind. Probably a shit list but it's my most honest.
5>4=6>3>1>RO>2>6=8

>god-tier intro space battle
>god-tier middle jedi genocide
>god-tier lightsaber final battle
>god-tier ending with binary sunset
Episode III was amazing.

I've watched every single movie in the right order, this is the true ranking right here:

5 > 3 > 4 > 6 > 8 > 1 > 7 > 2

The final battle was shit. Windmill lightsaber and droid lava-surfing are unforgivable. It's also way too fucking long to put up with that silly bullshit.

Also, cringey quips and wooden acting make anything that isn't a montage impossible to sit through.

Nah man, that's pretty good. Not sure exactly if 6 is on par with 4 but this shit boils down to personal preference. Anything that came out after the 80's is garbage anyways.

How come no one ranks the holiday special?

the magic and wonder from 4 can stick with people for a while. 5 is objectively better but 4 is nice to look at/fun.

I think it's a film that entertained me with shiny lights when I was young and entertains me with shitty dialogue and memes now that I'm older.

Still not a good film and any of the OT I'd put over it.

5>4>6>3>7>1>2>8

5>4>7>6>3=8>2>1=R1
You're outright delusional and blinded by your memes if you believe The Phantom fucking Menace is better than the new content. They made a cartoon amphibious rabbit a main character alongside a child unable to act. The plot is an act of retardation. Literally the only good things in the film are the duel of fates and maaaaaaaaybe the podracing(as a concept moreso than in execution).

Also what the fuck is happening in this thread where people are unironically saying that Sith is better than Empire...wtf?

I think 4 or 6 edges out on the other depending on the mood. And concerning the holiday special, I genuinely think it's because most anons haven't seen it even though they are aware it's part of the chronology.

My name is Ephraim

And then there was Palpatine...

You are absolutely insane if you think either 7 or 8 is better than any of the prequels. The most recent numbered entries are piss poor entries into the series.

5>4=7>6>R1>3>1>2
I don't really understand why people think 3 is good, it has terrible writing, visuals an pacing yet people love it. Darth Plageuis scene was good though
Haven't seen 8

5 (epic) > 4 (legendary) > 6 (bravo) > 3 (kino) > 1 (aged like wine) > 2 (beautiful mess) > 7 (you're han SO-LO) > 8 (Lukino) > R1 (bunnyfu)

5>4>6>3>8>7>R1>1>2

>cartoon amphibious rabbit a main character alongside a child unable to act

And put it in an otherwise enjoyable science fiction adventure movie with great visuals and music. I'd take that over a soulless corporate fanboy masturbation session any day.

I can see where you're coming from. Pacing is bad and everyone other than Anakin and Obi Wan and (I guess) Sheev felt like secondary characters. Yoda and Mace Windu should've had much more screen-time along with more meaning put into the lives and whereabouts of the countless jedi that ended up being slaughtered that were referenced throughout the film. However the sheer realization of everything Sheev did and his trust in himself is what gets me. I thought the visuals were beautiful tbhsenpai. It didn't feel like a cookie-cutter story which I like too.

youtube.com/watch?v=_hoXNXSpmng

5>4>3>R1>6>TLJ>TFA>1>2

5 > 6=4 > 7 > R1 > 3 > 1 > hot garbage > 2 > 8

I liked 7 and R1

My name is Ephraim

This is gospel right here.

5>8>4>7>6>RO>3>1>2

This is the order that will stand the test of time. Mark my words.

5>6=3>1>4>2>R1>>>>>>>>>7

>*Padme instead of Sheev for primary character.

His Obi-wan wasn't that bad...

4 >>>>>>>>> 5 = 7 > 6 > 8 > 3 > RO > 1 > 2

5>4>6=3>1>8>7>2

Prequels > Nu-wars
You have to be a faggot to think otherwise.

People rating The Force Awakens low need to watch that first half again. The mise-en-scene on Jakku is the most beautiful Star Wars has ever been

Wow, congrats on discovering that TFA is a remake of the first Star Wars. That was totally not intentional and something the masses got tricked by...

faggot

I generally disliked the visuals in a lot of areas. It looked like a highschooler's blender project, Although at times it could be very pretty it didn't age well for me.

Nothing is worse than the prequels. They are pure unadulterated cancer. I would rank the fucking holiday special above the prequels. Anyone who says otherwise is simply a contrarian.

5 > 4 > 6 > who gives a shit?

All you under 30 prequel lovers can suck it.

5 > 4

nothing else is canon

although 6 is semi-canonical apocrypha

Unironic prequel love makes me rage but then I remember that all of you are gen z faggots who grew up with these awful movies and so love them.

But seriously stop with this bullshit. You know the prequels suck, objectively, and that 3 is no better than its predecessors.

TFA have beautiful cinematography but the plot is a rehash of ANH. That's what bother me.

I don't get why people get so triggered about it being a remake. Something being a remake doesn't automatically qualify it as bad. To me TFA is a really well-made tribute film, and that's fine. It doesn't have to be more than that in order to be engaging.

And even older people who didn't grow up with the OT or see it until adulthood find it cheesy and infantile. The prequels are flawed but perfectly adequate action adventure movies with extensive world-building. The problem is that people expected a movie to turn them into a 7 year old again, and when it didn't, they couldn't accept that it was Star Wars. Gen Z millennials saw them both at the same time, so if anything, they are more objective about this than we are.

I'm glad we agree it was a nothing star wars movie that doesn't qualify as an actual movie, just a shameless cash grab. Glad to know I'm not the only one

I'll take a crack at it because I have no life.

4=5>6>7>3>R1>8>2>E:BE>EA>1>CW>HS

5 < 4 < 6 < 7

Because a SEQUEL and a REMAKE are supposed to be two different things you tripfag shill cunt

>the movie falls under two distinct categories rather than just one
>therefore it's bad
Great logic there homeboy

What's god-tier from that cartoony battle that rivals the barrels in the river scene from the Hobbit other than the perfect score? Go watch it again, it was incredibly stupid ¿

I'll tell you the answer but you're not going to like it. The OT is massively overrated. Young people now are no more nostalgic for it than they are the prequels. There is also a lot more competition in media now than there was in the late 70's and early 80's, so they're less obsessed with Star Wars in general. If you put yourself in the position of a kid today, 4 is a boring slog, 6 is kind of a mess, and 3 is highly entertaining. Nobody is going to be nostalgic over the new ones though, because it's aimed at 35 year olds, not 10 year olds.

5 > 4 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 3 > R1 > 1 > 2
Fight me

Kids are dumb, who cares that they like?

Actually the point was that you only like the OT as much as you do because you were a kid and there wasn't much valid competition for them, not because they're actually that good.

because in 15-20 years kids now are going to be 30-40 and running the world. No one is going to be watching M*A*S*H* anymore or know who Norm MacDonald is. There's going to be a completely new culture set forth, and it's being decided right now by them.

And it's a ridiculous point, given that most posters here saw both the OT and the prequels as children. Not many 40 year olds posting here. Star Wars was nominated for Best Picture. It wasn't a mediocre genre film that became popular because nothing else was around; it was praised from the start.

5 > 6 > 4 > 3 > R1 > 7 > 1 > 2 > 8

>most posters here saw both the OT and the prequels as children

Yeah and suddenly there's a lot of prequel apology going on. Pure coincidence! Star Wars was popular because it came out in a cinematic dark age, between the collapse of the studio system and before the auteur directors elevated the art in the 80's. It was mostly praised for its innovative effects and its world-building, both of which the prequels have in spades. The simple truth is that Star Wars is popular because the latchkey kids who saw it as children were raised by shitty television and Star Wars was one of the few things they saw as a child that isn't objectively terrible as an adult.

Patrician, would swap 3 and 7 though

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 1 > RO > 7 > Clone Wars (movie) > 2 > Ewok Adventure 1&2 > 8

5>4>6>=3>1>2>Christmas Special>7>Being Burned Alive>8
I haven't seen R1.

Just rewatched RotS yesterday, it's about as mediocre as TPM.

>5 twice

Of course, you're a fucking retard.

5>4>6=3>8>R1>7>1>2

5>4>6>8>7>3>R1>2>1
This is objectively right and you know it

Who the fuck rates 7 high? Its a copy paste of New Hope. A LITERAL COPY PASTE. It shouldnt even be on these lists

Star Wars 7 wasn't even a movie at all. It was a cynical corporation coming up with scenes with the sole purpose of shoving in familiar looking Star Wars things, even though those things are meaningless outside of the context of a compelling story. What bothers me though isn't the shitty movie, it's that this corporate strategy worked.

Switch 8 with R1 and yes

1>3>R1>2>5>4>6>Force Gap>7>8

Unironically, I'd much rather rewatch the PT and that's not to say I don't like the OT. I do. I grew up with the OT, but the PT is just so fucking interesting. The dialogue may be campy. The CGI may be outdated (well 7 and 8 seem to be outdated already). But there's just so much to the PT world. It's unlike anything that came before it. It's scope and epicness is not matched by any cinema.

Search your feelings.

5 > 4 > 6
There are not any other SW movies

4 >>>> 5 > Luke parts of 6 >>>>> 3 > 6 >>>>> Rogue Van > 1 > 2 > 7 > 8

Because if I want to watch ANH then I'd watch that. I don't need to retread the same plot threads in a new installment, there's absolutely no point to it.

5 > 4 > 6 > power gap > R1 > shit > 3 = 7 > 8 = 1 = 2

no

Looks like a windows home screen with cartoon animals peppered in the background

2>4>3>1>5>6

5 > 4 > R1 > 8 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

>TFA had beautiful cinematography
I'd argue it had the worst of any of them besides Clones.

This is the windows home screen. Are you blind?

Also:

>windows home screen not being aesthetically pleasing and comfy af

>waht ps3 gsme is htis?

I don't get the hate around 7. It at least is a well-paced, consistently written movie. It ends with me being interested in where the story is going. I don't give a shit about what happens after TLJ.

The OT world was pretty good for telling small stories, like stuff onna frontier or space western The prequel world is WAY better for telling big sweeping epics, political dramas, and generally a wider range of stories.

I think Lucas was serious when he said that he felt limited by the effects when he made the OT, and he really did want to create a world like that in the OT too. He was really throwing everything at the wall to make the technical side of the prequels work, like actually creating a giant planet-scale metropolis that wasn't just a matte painting.

>well paced
Is this a fucking joke

what XBONE X game is this?

5>4>6>>>>>1>2>>>>>R1>>>>>>>>>>>>>8

(also, 4, 5 & 6 are the unaltered theatrical versions)