If anyone says the film was universally loved...

If anyone says the film was universally loved, that Russian Trump trolls are responsible for the bad score blah blah blah, just point to the toy sales.

One month ago I already saw the mainline action figures and vehicles discounted at TJ Maxx. Half of them were already cut down in price at Toys R Us and department stores.

Another personal anecdote is the independent comic book store near me has a section with toys and figurines, I asked him last week why he had no TLJ merchandise, he told me it would be a waste of his money and shelf space because he saw none were selling well anywhere

Right now it is a few days before Christmas, I was at Target this evening and the Star Wars toy section was packed to the brim, no one was buying any, and now that I think about it, my last 3 weeks of Christmas shopping have been at 3/4 stores that would carry Star Wars merchandise of some kind, and I never recall seeing a single person with TLJ merchandise in their cart or hands

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-toy-shipments-down-sharply-force-awakens-1069479
comicbook.com/starwars/2016/11/29/lucasfilm-president-kathleen-kennedy-says-she-doesnt-need-to-cat/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One can only hope. I think they made a mistake with overflooding the market. I think they realized Star Wars wasn't going to be as profitable in the short term as they thought and tried to dump as much as they could right away. Look at this mess. Darth Vader, Poe Dameron, Mace Windu, C3P0 who is hardly even in these movies anymore. It's just a jumble of decades of characters and movies with varying levels of fan interest. Another factor is collectors, even if they still do care, aren't going to buy cheap shit like this.

I think its cause these franchises have become far too politicized for the sway crowd, and also they can just blame it all on Trump

The only people who want TLJ to fail are Trump trolls who have a grudge against Disney for adding diversity to their films, and also
>DA JOOS

Lemme guess: you do it for free

Vladimir Drumpfin is hacking the TLJ code bars as we speak

There is nothing interesting to make toys out of in this movie

> just point to the toy sales
The merch wasn't selling since TFA.

It's utterly insane that in the past 10 years Nerd Culture, predominately white guys, has done everything it can to alienate its demographic in pursuit of niggers and roasties. What are those retards doing? It's like if in 20 years time they make a Call of Duty film with all women. Who do they think would watch it? Literally pants on head retarded.

People already have all the figures they want. Other than maybe a praetorian guard figure and a shiny new Phasma figure and fucking porgs/ crystal critters literally name one figure a normie would buy that they wouldn't have bought during TFA.

I was Christmas shopping today and there were some stores that we're sold out of a lot of shit... but not star wars toys! Seemed like a lot of them were on clearance too.. hmm.. weird

they sell the hot wheels at 7 11 and no one buys them.

HOBO LUKE WITH LIFELIKE BREASTFEEDING ACTION!

GENERAL HOLDO SUICIDE BOMBER PLAYSET

DJ THE REPLACEMENT CODEBREAKER WITH THREE HOLOGRAPHIC GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARDS INCLUDED

ROSE TICO AND HER AMAZING HANDHELD VIBRATOR

The main reason the toys don't sell isn't because the movies are shit but because the toys are shit and way too overpriced.
Only the most pathetic losers want a Phasma figure.

the red-on-white color scheme for the promo material/merch is hideous

I honestly mostly wanna see Star Wars fail, because I´m really interested in the studio reaction that would cause. Nowadays it´s the norm that big companies just tell their costumers to shut up and buy it, but if something big like star wars could fail ...
it could really change up the game. I would just like to see how a soulless corporation tries to "apologize" to the fans for making bad decisions. would be fun to watch

If merchandising is anything to determine the actual success of a Disney film franchise - and we know the Star Wars franchise was acquired precisely for this reason - let's compare. Frozen toys literally could not stay on the shelves and were sold out everywhere. Disney Star Wars, an established franchise, has volumes of product that are barely selling.

I wouldn't say using toy sales is a great litmus test, but clearly there's been a lukewarm reception to the film that people are afraid of voicing for stupid reasons like "muh misogynists" or "hurr turn off your brain."

Kylo Ren was retarded in this last movie and the whole hologram thing with the joker was just bad writing.

Soy bugmen only focus on buying items of the new character.

so youre saying TFA is shit to, i can agree with that

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-toy-shipments-down-sharply-force-awakens-1069479

>Take a franchise that's most successful marketing to boys.
>Make all the characters girls.

>an established franchise, has volumes of product that are barely selling.
That's exactly why it's not selling. Even if people loved the movies the market is over saturated. Frozen was something new, so it sold fast.
>it could really change up the game. I would just like to see how a soulless corporation tries to "apologize" to the fans for making bad decisions. would be fun to watch
You mean like Lucas apologized for the remasters and prequels?

iwanttodie.jpg

Ever since the earliest footage of TFA was first released, I always thought the new art direction was repetitive and unimaginative. The prequel era had a lot of marketability due to the variety of characters and vehicles. With TFA bringing in same-y alien designs and old vehiccles with new unattractive paint jobs, I wondered how well sequel era would do in merchandising.

Also, I hear they're very rarely making Star Wars video games anymore.

the prequels never failed commercially so he had zero reasons to apologize.

Honestly I just kinda want the remote controlled BB8 if it was't so expensive.

>TFA bringing in same-y alien designs and old vehicles with new unattractive paint jobs
This.

>grudge against Disney
You're goddamn right
>for adding diversity to their films
You goddamn moron

>Also, I hear they're very rarely making Star Wars video games anymore.
They gave exclusive production rights to EA. EA is currently being shat on by everyone for their microtransactions and gambling for kids business model. I've been doing my part bringing the light of Pandemic's BFII to the masses.

fixed your retarded picture

Jango Fett Mos Eisely Assault Elite difficult with No deaths. Do it user

do more pls
GYNO REN WITH CHEST PUMPING PECS

CAPTAIN PHASMA WITH ONE CATCH PHRASE "SCUM"

YODA PUPPET

How is it retarded?

all prequel designs are utter shit

Doesn't Disney understand first rule of toy selling?:
artificial scarcity
Nintendo understands.

Found the faggot

t. autistic OT-nigger, probably in his 50s

How so? Do you expect to win people over by coming into a thread calling things "shit/retarded" without explaining yourself?

More like specifically say they don't want to cater to men: comicbook.com/starwars/2016/11/29/lucasfilm-president-kathleen-kennedy-says-she-doesnt-need-to-cat/

It's funny, female characters have been pretty popular in the EU days but now they pretend it was always a sausage fest because reasons. So no shit people leave when you antagonize them.