Are they supposed to be antifa?

Are they supposed to be antifa?

Wait, didn't the resistance become the government? Aren't the Order the resistance now?

No.

Did they ever refer to themself as the resistance in previous films? Wasn't it always the rebellion

The OT was pretty clear about who the parties involved were, a big bad empire and a rag-tag group of heroes who wanted to bring back freedom. Where did the First Order come from? In the OT the Empire was self explanatory, it was an empire that ruled the galaxy, stated right there in the opening crawl. So where does the First Order rule? The Republic ruled the Galaxy for the last 30 years yet somehow the First Order has a massive cutting edge fleet and superweapons just like the Old Empire despite not ruling the Galaxy? And between the end of TFA and the start of TLJ they now according to the opening crawl have uncontested rule of the galaxy. How? With what? Would the U.S accept North Korea as our rulers overnight if they nuked Washington? We are given no information as to what exactly the First Order is, how big they are, or anything else. The Empire was consistently portrayed as an omnipresent totalitarian Space Facist state. Yet the First Order in both the movies and the now equally canon books/games/etc is contradictorily portrayed as terrorists, a North Korea style rogue state, or an all powerful empire. It's hard to care about whats happening when you don't know what the characters are even fighting. Who are the Resistances "allies in the Outer-Rim"? Did every planet's space mayor go on TV and explain that since some assholes blew up the Hosnian system he's revoking all their rights and canceling elections?

Why is the First Order a "human supremacist" organization when so many of the deadliest and most powerful Sith of the Empire were aliens?

muh alt-right nazis

It's just stupid. Ignore Disney, break up with star wars. It's not going to be enjoyable any more, unless you're a masochist.

>Why isn't the internal political logic of this children's movie about space battles as detailed and in-depth as actual real life political scenarios

autism

Stop asking completely logical questions

>children's movie
kys, star wars always had historical parallels up til now

Hey, if star wars is for children, what is some adult science-fiction for mature adults??

The OT managed to do it. It was barebones and simplistic but it was consistent and made sense.

Star Trek, 2001, Bladerunner, Dune

Same reason the Empire was human supremacist since the OT

You clearly haven't watched Star Trek if you think it's more adult

>It's hard to care about whats happening when you don't know what the characters are even fighting.
Great post. one of the biggest problems

>It's hard to care about whats happening when you don't know what the characters are even fighting

They're fighting Republicans.

I'm serious, this is the problem with the new trilogy. The First Order is just the writers playing out their psychodrama with their IRL political foes.

c h i l d r e n ' s
m o v i e s
d e a l
w i t h
i t

>They're fighting Republicans.
It does feel like that actually.

you can keep saying it, doesn't make it true

They even did a decent job with galactic politics in the prequels.. It was probably the best part, watching sheev manipulate his way to the top

You are either trolling or fucking stupid, basically the same thing in this case

YASSSS QUEEN SLAY DOWN WITH DRRAAAAMPF

Oh. So why is a chidless worm watching and defending children's movies?

yes but they became the new republic and made peace with first order hence pic related

Nothing the First Order does is even remotely related to the Republican party, their pretty generic space facists. They never rant about immigration or healthcare or really anything political other than the same "We hate Freedom" that the original Empire did, and they have a diverse multi-racial and gender equal approach to evil. Unless you think being obvious Nazi stand-ins is an accurate depiction of the GOP they're pretty toothless when it comes to current political commentary.

The did in TFA, before people online started using the word resistance for anti-trump stuff and all that.

Pic related is a Sup Forums false flag.

no it's not faggot, I live in Berkeley and saw it myself. also the writing is literally and virtually on the wall, leftists hate liberals, probably more than the right

JJ or whichever faggot already said the First Order is white supremacist which just means it represents whites. TFA starts with the New Republic + The resistance vs the First Order, the first order is the remnants of white interests implying the empire was also that and was destroyed by the obama era or there abouts. Starkiller base is the trump movement which destroys the moderate antiwhites (democrats) leaving only antifa to resist muh evil white supremacists.

is it also a false flag everytime leftypol discusses it?

I actually saw that when I went to Berkeley. They also had Steve Bannon covered in graffiti. Someone drew dicks on his eyes I believe.

>First Order is white supremacist which just means it represents whites.
is that why there's no white straight males in the resistance? did they join the first order?

Did you not watch the movie? The first order is packed to the Brim with women and minorities, every scene on a star destroyer bridge is full of asian dudes and black chicks and what have you.

>Episode 9 will feature flashbacks of occupy coruscant street and a lengthy montage of how white males got pushed into the first order to save the only race that allowed stability in the old republic.
Holy fricking kino

I remember seeing a few tokens, so what? Even if they do fill it to the brim then just shift the metaphor to aliens vs humans and it still works

They're supposed to be tumblr.

so then the empire are objectively the good guys?

I think that makes obi wan a jew
>those blast marks are too accurate for sand people
>stormtroopers cant hit shit the entire series

>implying jedi's weren't always jews

According to Sup Forumstards of Sup Forums, Antifa are "terrorists", which means Sup Forumstards think the Empire are the heroes. Sup Forums loves Nazis. The Empire has sported Nazi chic since Episode 4.

>"""the resistance"""
>Literally backed by the establishment/galactic government both financially and ideologically

The first order is the true resistance movement if you look at it objectively