She's a MARY SUE. Prove me wrong

When we meet Luke for the first time, he doesn't know how to use a lightsaber. In fact, he doesn't know how to fight at all. He doesn't understand r2d2 unless he's on an X-Wing. He doesn't speak Shyriiwook. He doesn't know how the Millenium Falcon works. He can't use force powers until the third movie. He has to train hard under Obi Wan Kenobi and Yoda to reach the same level of a young Jedi initiate.

Rey is a strong, independent scavenger from notTatooine. She already knows how to fight, speak Shyriiwook, drive and repair any ship. She's an expert climber. She can lift tons of rocks at will by the end of the second movie. The only training she received was listening to the circle of life and nagging Luke for a few hours.

He used force powers in the Empire strikes back. He used force powers in a new hope

The force is female and independent now

He didn't know how to control his powers yet. The OT shows that learning to ways of the Force is a long and arduous process. Rey could have been a Jedi Padawan from day one.

Nobody needs to prove you wrong. All you need to do is get the fuck over it you butthurt little neckbeard.

On Discord everyone loves the new movie.

>main character is strong
>"okay sounds good"
>and female
>"MARY SUE!"

The difference is faggot, that luke had to go through the hero's journey to achieve his 'being strong.'. Rey did nothing but scavenge imperial wrecks all her orphan life, yet somehow she's able to fly the falcon and fight better than stormtroopers? Able to use a jedi mind trick without even knowing what it is? Why the fuck didn't they give her a hero's journey?

Found the Disney cumdumpsters.
I agree with OP. Bitch is great at everything- right off the bat, breaking the rules established previously in Star Wars.
Unlike Anakin, Obi, or Luke which took time and training.
Chalk it up to Disney subverting Star Wars into tmblrwars.
Faggots.

I want to jump on the bandwagon as well, but fuck man, I think majority of people of complain about her just hate women in general, so I don't even wanna bother.
There are legit reasons to call Rey a colossal Mary Sue, but I think its more fun triggering fucbois by denying it.

>butthurt of SW
Disney is telling your to grow up manchild

Yes, she's a mary sue, pic related.

> I think majority of people of complain about her just hate women in general, so I don't even wanna bother.

You don't hear a lot of neckbeards complaining about Xena. It's not about sexism. Rey is an awful character who just happens to be a woman.

Instead Rey can
>talk droid language
>talk wookie
>fix a ship she's never been on before, better than the person who owned it for years.
>can mind trick after only 6 hours of knowing the force is even real
>can resist telepathy and in fact reverse it even though the person doing it has been actually trained as a force user for years
>same thing with pulling a lightsaber
>has never used a lightsaber, defeats said force user
>becomes a perfect shop after only missing once and having never used a blaster before
She's a mary sue. Literally the only people who object to this are drunk on their ideological bullshit.

Don't forget that she also killed some of the personal bodyguards of supreme leader Snoke.

>It's not about sexism
Sure thing dude, its not like the retards who complain about Rey tend to be part of hardcore redpill crew who love taking potshots at roasties whenever they can.
Fuck off you delusional retard.

>being this much in denial
It's pulling Rogue One daily numbers now, face it the flick is a dud and Rey is a major part of that.

Not an argument. A tiny minority of critics being sexist has nothing to do with Rey being a boring Mary Sue. The movies are horrible and she's one of the worst main characters in movie history. No one can relate with her.

bump

Luke in the Empire was barely able to force move his saber. Rey performed mind tricks on storm troopers in the first movie, after she saw Kylo doing it.

It's funny that TFA copied every scene from ANH shot for shot yet did some disturbing changes. The first confrontational moment is Luke getting beaten and knocked out by a sand people. Rey on the other hand is shown single handedly kicking the ass of two thieves. This says it all in the first minutes of the movie. Shouldn't it have made more sense if she was struggling and Finn actually helped her get away from the thieves? Naaaaaaaa, she's a stronk independent womyn and her first meeting with Finn is her beating him to the ground. Fuck Disney, fuck Kathleen kennedy.

smoke?

Rey is overpowered because the audience doesn't to wait through the same buildup that was done with Luke. Everyone knows what Jedi powers look like and wants to see them, so another slow reveal would just be tiring.

It makes no sense from an in-universe perspective, but dramatically it's understandable. Better writers would have found a way to excuse it.

If Rey only beat Kylo because he was injured then why couldn't Finn beat him?