If Snoke cannot be betrayed then how did Kylo Ren possibly do it? Was it force betrayal or something?

If Snoke cannot be betrayed then how did Kylo Ren possibly do it? Was it force betrayal or something?

>smoke?

He turned both lightsabers at once. He mimicked his hand movements and force movements to hide the motion of the saber from Snoke.

a wizard did it

Why the fuck did we need to see kylos hand and the fucking lightsaber turning.

garbage fucking film making

also, ITS SALT

killing goldmember off was probably the best decision in this flick

>snoke paid for his lack of (perhipheral) vision

I agree that he needed to be killed, but the execution of it is entirely laughable, literally tv telenovela tier writing with him explaining word by word to the audience what is about to happen.

The only thing that was missing was Kylo winking at the camera a second before killing him.

"damn ben, uncle owen told me to be careful around you but this some dank ass jawa weed, cough cough, oh shit here comes some stormtroopers yo play it cool"

> Jj comes back
> snoke is still alive like some kotor 2 shit
> rey is a skywalker after all
> newer even bigger death star

This movie was great but pointless. Kennedy and JJ are going to damage control hard. You've fucked everyone, Rian.

>Implying Snoke is actually dead and he
>implying someone who is powerful enough to casually connect two people through the force wouldn't be a force projection himself
>implying Snoke didn't need that to happen to push Rey and Kylo closer together

He cannot be betrayed or beaten because he just ends up cheating death every single time and coming back to life due to ancient Sith alchemy anyway. Why else do you think he's so scarred and malformed? The dark side has torn his body apart from multiple resurrections over centuries.

The visual dictionary for TLJ literally hints at this.

Jedi mind tricks. He isn't dead but he used trickery to fool everyone

Snoke is so powerful with the force he will use the force to permanently hold his body together

I thought it was pretty obvious with the entire movie being about force connections and illusions that Snoke was a projection like Luke was. The entire thing was just a test for Kylo. Guess Sup Forums really is too stupid for this movie.

Yeah, but that was still lame. Cause Emo Ren used the force to turn that lightsaber. So Darth Smeagol should have been able to sense the force.

Still more of a convincing death than that of Palpatine in Episode 6.

Is it really betrayal if you were never on their side to begin with?

Why did the lightsaber literally cut him in half then? Why did he look so shocked?

this

He wanted to sell it obviously. Projecting a corpse should be no problem for the likes of Snoke. Hell even Luke projected the dice from the Millenium Falcon that Leia was able to physically hold in her hand.

his surprised face and body flopping to the ground in the background is pure comedy too.

It could have been an act.

I thought maybe this too. Also Kylo stood there for a good while looking at his two pieces on the ground. Most plebs will be thinking he's thinking something like What have I done, but maybe we'll find out in IX he was thinking something else entirely.

He turned both lightsabers at once and thought in his head "Going to kill my true enemy, Going to kill my true enemy, Going to kill my true enemy..." kinda like how Homer had to not think about killing Bart in the halloween episode only Kyle Ron actually did it.

he was claiming he cannot be betrayed but he only picked up Rey in the air (and Kylo could do that in TFA) he never demonstrates his powers. I think he doesn't have "that much" force asshe claims in him

>casually force projects Rey and Kylo to eachother various times throughout the movie
>Luke does it and dies
>not that much force power
Okay

This

Cause if you didn't you would have ran onto these boards and been like "Wow Snoke's so badass but he can't remember not to point a lightsaber AWAY from him! LOL Retard!"

So that the audience immediately grasps what's going on?

In every singl Star Wars movie, a light saber has never been turned on by the force. What a fucking plot device.

In that case, why hasn't every light saber fight ended by one just using the force to turn off the opponent's light saber and then killing them?

For the same reason nobody ever thought of turning the lightsaber off to avoid being parried and turning it on a milisecond later.

It was pretty clear Kylo was clouding Snoke's mind. I don't know why people don't understand this.

He was tied up in getting off on kylo's murderous intent. fucking hell the movie was wank but anyone who missed that is just as shit.

This actually happened in The Old Republic.

He wasn't clouding Snoke's mind, Snoke could see his every intent so he synchronized his true intent and his apparent intent to fool him.

the only excuse would be "because it wasn't being wielded at the time"

This is so true. We would never hear the end of that "plot hole" from Sup Forums

>imagine Rian Johnson as a kid watching the end of ROTJ for the first time, going "nyeeh, why wouldn't Luke just slightly move the lightsaber next to the emperor while he was talking, so he wouldn't notice and then activate it with the force so that--"

this is why, Rian. Because when you finally made your fanfiction version of this scene after all these years, it was fucking stupid on every level imaginable.

Him calling the light sabre was sweet. Only part of the movie I liked

it was kino faggot.
Also
>fanfiction
Sorry to bust your Lucas dick-riding bubble but it's canon. The scene is one of the best and you're honestly just butthurt that even Luke didn't think of doing that cause it honestly would've probably worked.

Wow you should become a movie critic. You sure showed him.

rey and kylo connected even after snoke died, so he may have been just "eavesdropping" in

you are right
it's not a fanfic
fanfic requires someone to be a fan of the original work
everyone involved in the creation of sequel trilogy is shitting all over originals one way or another

Keep crying you whiny bitch

No. He said he was the one connecting them. The entire point of it was to trick Rey into coming to Kylo. They saw eachother at the end of the movie either because Snoke made the connection permanent or he is still alive.

My younger bro and I literally laughed out loud at the salt bit. fucking lmao

Why the fuck is he completely CGI when he's a fucking human that got uglied by the dark side?

>Why the fuck is he completely CGI when he's a fucking human that got uglied by the dark side?
Where are you getting this from?

hes a puss

Meant to say humanoid rather than human, but still retarded that he's entirely CGI, which is a fact.

I always assumed the "switch" was on the inside and secured somehow. Like a Jedi lockcode.

Snoke taught him too well in the ways of the force and he learned his own backdoors that allowed him to hide from Snoke's gaze, just like Sidious did. Did you ever play against the computer in the old Mortal Kombat games? They literally cheated by reading your inputs, you had to trick them to win. One day Kylo probably noticed a discrepancy in what he was thinking and what Snoke thought he was thinking, and after stewing on it for weeks or even months to make sure it wasn't a trick, started experimenting with crossing wires like that to trick him.

"That is so..."
"Wizard?"
"My uncle told me you were some kinda crazy wizard."

>WARNER Danger

BUT IS IT SALT?!

Smokie Wan Kenobi
>Only YOU can prevent forest fires.

It was done in the books (I know, not canon) but Obi Wan did it in Phantom Menace, didn't he?
Maybe he had it in his hand, already... Don't remember but I thought it was activated in mid-flip.

Maybe EVERYBODY is Kylo's enemy so it plays out for intent.

and he had no reason to lie about being the one connecting them. God you're fucking retarded.

Somehow, I've gotta leave my water (piss) mark on this to tell my kids...

>REEEE I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE MOST BASIC MOVIE PLOT
He doesn't have a reason to lie either. He literally only did it cause he knew Rey would feel bad for Kylo, and Kylo was weak enough to open up to Rey. Hence Rey coming to Kylo and falling for the trap. He explains all this in the film. Yeah, I'm the retarded one.

what reason would he have to lie about it dipshit?

Look, I want this to happen but this just reeks of grasping at straws. I can't imagine the studio has such a lax hand that they wouldn't even give a single hint that their main villain isn't dead - if that's their plan - so the public image of Star Wars doesn't descend into M. Night style schlock.

Trump vs. the rest of the world's leaders...

How so? (I don't have it and don't want to give The Mouse any more money after this)

Are you forgetting the end where Kylo and Rey connect again? Pretty big hint considering Snoke was the one bridging their minds in the first place.

Nothing like loling over the death of a secondary antagonist and a huge character transformation of a central character. Welcome to the capeshitization of culture.

So he says. It seems like a lie to me (not like Dark Siders don't like doing that) because if he were powerful enough to brainlink people, why not just do that to her himself and corrupt her? Why bother having her brought before him? And if he could link minds a galaxy apart, how would he not be able to tell that Luke had become super emo and left the Force?
And even if he did make it, which I don't believe, there's no reason to think it'd die when he does. Bridges don't break when their engineers die.

So it was really Alan Moore that wrote this and had his name removed prior to the movie's release ("that's not MY capeshitization). I might buy this with the exception of the dumbed-downed dialogue.

He didn't want Luke. Christ how is it not obvious to this board that Snoke wanted everything to happen? Kylo was supposed to betray him. I don't know exactly how yet, but Kylo and Rey being eachother's equals on the light and dark side of the force for Snoke. See

Force of show?
Sorry for the puns...
But it is a movie about The Force.
Seeing is believing for her?
I dunno.

I don't think Luke totally abandoned The Force.
>Bridges don't break when their engineers die.
No, they get named after them!
Good point.

There are no hints. TLJ was not made with Episode IX in mind.

That's right.
Episode IX: Teek's Gambit.