Daily reminder

The last Jedi will be praised as a kino master piece 30 years from now by Sup Forums. you fucking hypocrites.

But of course. Just look at the prequels. People here actually like them now.

>people complaining about racism and sexism
Why do alt right retards act like this has only happened to them only in this era and to this degree?

all it took was for someone to make something even worse

People liked them when they came out. Yeah there were people who disliked them but the "unanimous" hate for them really picked up heavily after the plinkett review a few years ago and with the whole wrong generation retro hipsterism with faggots latching on to everything from the 80s.

Because god emperor drumpfff

Because they're thin-skinned faggots who see a personal attack to the white race in every movie they watch

>ESB adds to the universe formed in ANH while fleshing out established and new relationships
>TLJ completely shits on all previous movies through hyperspace kamikaze tactics and killing of important characters with no arcs

I see no difference

they're far from perfect but they were always at least decent. I'm starting to think most of the hate comes from bandwagon haters and low intention-spanned individuals. they're way over hated.

>”i-it’s different this time!”

Let me guess, you’re a cryptocurrency fag aswell

faggots use image like this to dismiss legitimate criticisms against TLJ

its amazing the amount of excuses fanboys will use to dismiss criticisms to their film so they can keep sucking disney's dick

To be fair, I don't like watching any of the scenes except for the Hoth battle and Degobah

i don't see it as an attack on the white race, but to me its clearly forced diversity for the sake of marketing/PR/cashing in. won't make me dislike a movie or tv series unless its immersion breaking tho.

wow, the salty nocoiner can't even keep their shitty opinions inside /biz/! How many pink wojack threads did you create the last few days?

Even assuming you ignore every single shitty thing besides the hyperspace kamikaze, that one act alone ruins the entire tension and point of the original trilogy. It's inexcusable.

Yeah it definitely can be overdone but I don't think anyone denies that it is contrived diversity. JJ clearly says so. The thing is, this is what the market demands. It's really no different than contrived all white cast. There's not really a rhyme or reason for one or the other in Star Wars. The demographics in America and the world call for more diverse characters to appeal to a more diverse market.

IMO the cast isn't the issue with the new Star Wars movies. I think Daisy, Driver, Boyega, and Oscar Isaac deliver the script pretty well considering how pants on head retarded Star Wars can be. General Hux' actor kind of blows in this role.

>The demographics in America and the world call for more diverse characters to appeal to a more diverse market

So you libshits finally openly admit that white genocide is real and actually happening?

i don't think its what the market demand, i think its what they perceive the market demands...

i mean, marvel comics thought it was what the market wanted and it fucked them in the ass. disney is being more subtle about it though... too bad rey is a shit character.

poe is the cool one, but finn and kylo were the most interesting to me, except they fucked finn over in the last jedi instead of exploring his background as a stormtrooper and how that affected him more. literally wasted the character.

>diversity means genocide
For being the master race, you sure do fail at logic. That's a clear strawman and no one is trying to genocide you. Go out and get laid.

I would agree with you that they are over hated. However I would never call them anything close to decent.

>marvel though
Marvel fucked up by taking established characters and shoehorning new races on them.

The MCU however is very diverse and doing just fine. People dedicated to the comics are going to be more critical about changes to established characters. Which is fine. I'm pretty critical about the way they've treated Luke and Han and I'm a bit of a star wars fanboy.

>i don't think the market demands
You seem pretty cool but I gotta disagree. Star Wars is a franchise with mass appeal beyond just white guys these days. I'm sorry if that is hard for some people to swallow but I don't see what's wrong with sharing as long as characters a e well done. Rey isn't' forr example. This is a universe with lots of distinct aliens species. Idk why people get upset over different colored humans. To that point, I'd really like to see some non human main characters. That's really a glaring oddity in the Star Wars franchise. We have Chewie I guess.

TLJ fantards might be the most delusional people ever, and they're all some fucking rabid leftists

It was painfully obvious to everyone what the movie was TRYING to do. However what was TRYING TO DO was offensive , not to mention it fucking SPECTACULARLY FAILED at everything it was TRYING to do.

Please stop trying to convince me it's high art

oh i completely agree diversity doesn't seem out of place in star wars, except maybe for dern's purple hair lol

its just because we now the politics that we know its shoehorned in. as for the mass appeal part, i'm technically not even white and i've never been bothered by the lack of people of my ethnicity on screen. most people don't really give a fuck.

Just you wait till the tables flip. Reddit normies are already starting to hate it, so it won't be long will Sup Forums praises it as misunderstood piece of art.

>ruins the tension
Yes
>ruins the point
Stop right there! You're caught in a moment. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.