You guys weren't kidding when you said this fuck gets LITERALLY no backstory

You guys weren't kidding when you said this fuck gets LITERALLY no backstory

he's a fucking white male alien, that's all the backstory he needs you bigot

Don't worry, Disney have a plan to give you his story in 20+ books.

>muh backstory

Sheev never had a backstory in The OT
You never complained then

Emperor is pretty self explanatory for an empire
What even is the first order and what is a snoke and how did he even meet Ben solo?

Remember Sheev?
Smoke is that.

TIME TO BLOW YOU DISNEYNIGGERS OUT FOR THE NTH TIME

the emperor died at the very end you dumb nigger, he was the ultimate evil to be destroyed. i dont fucking care who he is all i need to know is this guy is the biggest baddest dude in the galaxy and if he dies the rebels win.

however, lets also take a look at what we know from him through the fucking films

>the Chad Palpatine
>the imperials fear him, when vader says the emperor is coming to the DS2 the admirals eyes get huge and says he'll double his effort immediately
>vader bows to him and shows him utmost respect when speaking, vader doesnt respect anyone else that way, even though palpatine calls him friend you can see vader is the submissive in that relationship and so we know right there this dude is not to be fucked with
>his massive hologram implies dominance over everyone not just vader
>he tells luke that everything has transpired according to his design, hes let the rebels win little battles so he can crush them at the DS2. this implies an almost omnipotent intelligence and shows hes a cunning opponent
>hes flanked by silent regal red guards who never speak or move, he also tells them to leave when luke gets there showing that he doesnt need protection, even as a slim old man
>he lets luke attack him and starts laughing when vader immediately goes to defend him, showing that he has absolute control over vader even when dealing with the guys son
>he throws out fucking lightning, a power never seen before and starts frying luke to death. yoda never showed power like this, and took great effort to move the xwing out of the lake. this guy shoots death from his finger tips like its no big deal, which implies that the dark side IS stronger and yoda was bullshitting
>only loses because vader finally makes the choice to be good, someone he thought he was in control of the entire time

now lets compare

>the virgin snoke
>his apprentice is wild and unstable, not fully under his heel
>this apprentice murders him like a bitch, not for good but to take the throne. showing hes incompetent as a rulr
>the first order doesnt fear him, they have some weird indoctrination going on like north korea where they just parrot the supreme leader is wise
>over compensates for his weakness with a massive star destroyer even bigger than vader executor
>made a death star 20 times the size of the first and loses it immediately after its completed, not learning a thing from palpatine
>needs his red guards by his side all the time, also showing his weakness. dudes a little bitch for needing SEVEN protecting hm at all time when palpatine only used 2 and told them to fuck off when a potential threat was right in front of him
>gloats needlessly about his accomplishments and how powerful he is, once again showing insecurity since he hasnt done shit in the movies other than turn ONE edgelord kid
>desperately wants to find Luke to kill him, showing hes afraid of the jedi. unlike palpatine who played those faggots like a damn fiddle

>emperor is pretty self explanatory for an empire
What? How is that a backstory. That's a title, not a backstory. That's like saying "Luke is a Jedi, got it no backstory needed."
Admit you have double standards for old and Nu star wars

Whatever nerd, Snoke is Sheev 2.0, that's all you need to know. You didn't need a backstory then, and you don't need a backstory now.

I thought everyone knew what a snoke was. It's pretty self-explanatory. A snoke is an entity that snokes the snoke plateau on the snoke planet.

seeThe emperor was given context by his relation to the other characters, most obviously Vader. You knew he was the big cheese just be precedent of him being THE Emperor of THE Empire. Snoke is a literal who trashcan tier villain who makes absolutely no attempt to differentiate himself from palpatine.

>blown out this hard you resort to "whatever"

>gets blown out
I feel bad for you shills honestly, getting paid to take it in the ass all day- wait never mind you probably like this in some kind of sick masochistic way. I bet you do this for free don't you?

Not even a shill, haven't seen Nu star wars and don't plan to, I have no horse in this race
I feel sorry for you nerds, taking this shit so seriously and so obviously butt blasted by Disney making you all into cucks that you resort to paranoid accusations of everyone being a Disney shill. Pretty pathetic

>Snoke has to be the ultimate evil just like Palpatine!
>OMG STOP MAKING THE SAME MOVIE
>Kylo is just a whiney Vader fanboy
>OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE KYLO IS THE MAIN BAD GUY NOW AND NO LONGER GIVES A SHIT ABOUT VADER

Literally kill yourself you whiney little fuck.

>There are people on this board right now stupid enough to defend Snoke as a character

kys mouse shill.

> I have no horse in this race after my flawed logic got utterly obliterated!
he does it for f r e e

>people
You give them too much credit

>backstory
isnt there one on its box?

smoke?

The emperor didn't need a backstory in ep 5. You know why? Because he appeared as the big bad in the second movie in a universe that has not been expanded upon. Meanwhile snoke appeared as the big bad out of nowhere in the 8th film of an already established universe, We need to know who the fuck he is to take him seriously as a character. Do you get it now you stupid fucking faggot?

>Only Sup Forums could be retarded enough to cry about Snoke being Emperor 2.0 after TFA then cry about him not being Emperor 2.0 after TLJ. Star Wars fans are the whiniest bunch of faggot manchilren. George sold Star Wars because of you faggots. You're all so insufferably stupid and petty that the creator didn't want to live with his own work anymore.

Jews and their soyboy pets aren't people.

>can't greentext properly
>unironically uses "manchildren" in a sentence
go back to plebbit, fag

>putting words in other peoples mouths
>ad hom
no no no YOU SHALL KILL YOURSELF

t.manchild
It's hardly ironic when it's true nigger.

>blown out

What a stupid Sup Forums phrase. You all are a bunch of nerds. I would easily push you down and take your stuff while you run home and cry about your little space movie's characters. Nerds.

>everyone on Sup Forums must be pathetic as I am

You fucking idiot, Luke, Leia, and Han all say that Snoke turned Kylo Ren to the Dark Side and put all the darkness in him in the first place. They never said the same about Vader and Sheev in the OT. Isn't it kind of a little fucking important to understand why Kylo turned to the Dark Side - what Snoke offered him - to appreciate his character? And we got jack for that.

who are you quoting

No just the grown men crying about a Disney movie. That is the definition of pathetic my bearded neck friend.

Can you really not tell the difference making a new movie and making a sequel? Imagine how stupid it'd be if some other literally who wizard started making rings and using orc armies after Sauron was defeated. That's the shit storytelling you're trying to defend.

No one can take you seriously when you don't even know how greentext works, dipshit

How did you think this was a valid criticism?

Then why are you posting on our board, faggot?

Are you literally retarded?
And if you think it's invalid, please, tell us why.

>still defending snoke
Get lost

>HURRRRRRRR A ACCIDENTAL KEY HIT = NOT KNOWING HOW TO GREENTEXT PROPERLY
How is that for a greentext you fucking aspie? Now that we got that out of the way you can start taking me serious huh? So do you have a counter argument against the claim that you are a sad little fuck crying about a gawddamn Disney movie about space and magic on Sup Forums?

the word "emperor" tells you everything you know, you already knew that the empire was evil so the emperor was a dictator in control of the government
this is the eight part in a 100+ movie saga (since disney will just keep shitting them out forever) and there's just a random villain of the week who somehow completely changed the whole universal zeitgeist with no explanation and then he just dies, that's power rangers tier writing but people seem to enjoy this villain of the week formula so what do I know
I guess insertint main characters at random and killing them off before they do anything is more cost efficient when it comes to making toys

The lack of self-awareness here is simply amazing

-generic comment #86549873-
Great Sup Forums banter! Fucking neck yourself nigger.

Snoke is supposed to be some massively influential character who somehow kept the Empire going thirty years after the emperor and vader died. How the fuck does it make sense for him to get killed like nothing without any sort of exposition?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING MOUSEFUCKERS

how much soy have you guys earned today?

Me? I've earned 4 soy beans.

>Disney is my personal enemy
Ask me how I know you never leave your piss jug-filled dwelling neckbeard

Even if somehow this was the same situation, the OT were episodes 4, 5 ,6. It was expected that the characters in the OT would get their backstories/lore in the prequels, which did happen. Snoke was introduced in a sequel and still didnt get any story.

Every appearance of Sheev in the OT was a masterpiece. He is feared, respected, in absolute control. The possibility of his appearance makes grown men shake in fear. The existence of the emperor is told in the first 5 minutes of the very first film, but he doesn't show for another movie. He is a villain made right.

Snoke is a joke. He appears from nowhere, isn't really respected, his apprentice is an edgy teenager that doesn't listen to him, he's killed like a moron. The only redeemable quality he could have is a good backstory, and Disney didn't let this happen. He's a nobody that gets killed like a bum.

The Darth Plagueis connection could solved numerous issues with that character. Alternatively, a big cliche like the nemesis of Yoda coming back from self inflicted exile, or the very first Jedi turned Sith, or really absolutely anything. Anything.

The point is not why snoke didn't have any backstory, the point is why the fuck was snoke introduced at all? He is a plot device to turn kylo evil sure, but he could have done that by himself. The movies would have been the same if it were just Kylo and Hux as the villains, so Snoke is just a big waste of time that only exists to sell toys and EU novels about him and to make some very muddled statement about internet theorists which won't make any sense to anyone watching this movie in 15 years
To everyone defending this, what was the worth of Snoke as a character? Why was it worth it to include him?

i heard they were supposed to kill Snoke in episode 9. so that the next set of movies will be about Star Wars the Old Republic, where Snoke's backstory is. What the f*ck have they done killing him off so early??

Imagine wasting this much time to argue with other autists about a movie you don’t even like. I think snoke is a shit character and tlj is a failure of a movie, but this is sad, you were so proud to post this too

>Posting inane mental gymnastics to explain why The Emp didn't need a back story but Snoke does
It's absolutely bizzare.

>It was expected the characters in the OT would get a back story
No it wasn't

Snoke needed a backstory because we don't know where the First Order came from. If the empire survived after Return of the Jedi and is powerful enough to do what it did in The Force Awakens, then the leader must be extremely powerful. You can't have him die for nothing with no context beyond "his apprentice hated him"

That doesn't make sense at all, The Empire was massive lol

Even the books don't say where the FO came from. Only that the Empire finally surrendered after a final battle over Jakku. I feel like Disney wants to make their own prequel trilogy for this trash, but I don't really care at this point since there's no possible way they can make episode 9 good with what they have left.

That's probably what the new cartoon after Rebels is going to be about, rebels is almost over

>not recognizing chad palpatine btfo pasta
newfags leave

First movie establishes the empire formed from a senate making you think of the roman republic. The first order, just like Snoke, has ZERO backstory. We don't know how and when or why it even came into existence.

Even his servants are better in every way.

I really like how the only way people can defend TLJ is by saying "ya well the OT was shit too"

for real

Only so much the show director can fix.

The Emperor didn't die in the middle of TESB

>Snoke
>a pussy that leads from a hidden space ship in the middle of nowhere and is a recluse because he was afraid of betral first time he had visitors
>Palpatine
>looked the jedi in the eye and made them blink taking control of the galaxy and lead that shit for decades while living a lavish lifestyle of Bitches, partying, and Vader

Snoke is a poor mans retarded Sheev

Didn't you see that Austin Powers movie

>There's an empire and it has an emperor
That's easy to swallow.
>The empire that was destroyed in the last movie is back and the sith that were destroyed in the last movie are back.
Not quite as plausible.

When the universe has already been established, you need to keep it consistent.

Yeah it was dumbass. Why do you think george started with 4, 5 ,6.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?

He started with one accidental masterpiece. Then he died. Nothing else was ever made for that universe.

Just as well. We would probably have had to suffer from some stupid muppet or some lame-ass plot tweeeeest that turned a hero into a lying con-man.

RIP in peace, Georgie boy.

Ignore the faggots. Great post user.