Which was the worse perversion of Yoda's character?

Which was the worse perversion of Yoda's character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cL5oCP0VIEI&t=122s
youtu.be/FKj7jnPIzLQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Last Jedi.

The Last Jedi. PT Yoda was fine.

for some reason when I rewatch aotc and the dooku vs yoda part it looks really artsy fartsy and impressive.
The new movies just set the bar so damn low.

TLJ

Introducing it in the first place.

the fact that he says literally every sentence backwards in the prequels

t. Mike dicksuckers

Yoda in TLJ is the best since the OT

this
even he was a little fat. They tried a little to hard but at least they tried in this singular instance in the movie

PT Yoda was fun while Last Jedi Yoda was pointless and ruined the actual any future heroic loss ass every Jedi can just pop out and hang out with the living jedi any time they want. and even use spells.

Between wearing a constant frown and picking up a lightsaber no, PT Yoda wasn't fucking fine

it's the long shots and more impressive set. Snoke's throneroom looks like shit compared to the geonosis hangar

>every Jedi can just pop out and hang out with the living jedi any time they want
This is different from the OT how?

smoke?

GOOD MORNING MOUSESHILLS

Looks like a videogame. Prequelfags are fucking retarded

>PT Yoda was fun

There's literally nothing wrong with this scene

calm down cuck
it was one of the only parts of the movie even approaching something I can claim "I kinda liked "

>whata pes2 gmae ist his?

It look good back in the days. Its like you will also bash on Max Payne and Gothic becuase it now has shitty graphic compared to new Call of Duty

So, I watched the last jedi today, I've been avoiding Sup Forums since the release. Why the fuck does everyone hates this? It's the best star wars movie since 5

>$.02 has been deposited in your account
there wasn't even a fucking duel in this new movie so fuck off

nyoutube.com/watch?v=cL5oCP0VIEI&t=122s

The audience literally yes literally burst out laughing at that scene. Super Jedi Master becomes Droopy Dawg.

Definitely the one where he fights. Yoda is a pacifist, he'd use the force to protect himself and others but he wouldn't own or use a lightsaber or toss rocks at someone to kill him, wtf Lucas.

PT because its the absolute antithesis to his very design and core concept. Yoda is a tiny frog to demonstrate that a jedi is not always about physical strength. He doesn't not use a lightsaber just because "he's wise" or some shit, but because he's physicaly unable to. He's a tiny midget who can barely walk, he comes up to a persons knee, his reach is pitiful and he probably has the strength of a toddler. He has no business in a sword fight. But it doesn't matter because he is ungodly powerful in the spiritual side of the force. Like, that's the entire purpose of his design as a midget gremlin. Giving him a sword and making him do kung fu just undoes all that, his whole spiel about mind over matter is worthless when even a 2ft frog can wipe out a squad of soldiers and go toe to toe with 6ft Christopher fucking Lee. It just looks ridiculous watching him bounce around and scream and be hyper capable at physical hand to hand sword fighting. It's jarring and completely disconnected with everything we know and understand about the guy from one damn look.

Also his dialogue is completely flanderized so he sounds like a retarded every line, while simultaneously being a joyless asshole.

That's not nearly the high bar you might think it is, kohai.

My biggest problem was just the fact that it just had massive plotholes and required insane logic leaps.
The whole first movie is about finding the map to Luke but in TLJ Luke says he came to Ach-to to die!! WTF. That is a massive plothole that just doesn't get addressed or mentioned once. Why would Luke leave a map to himself if he wanted to die alone??
Yes the Hosnian system is destroyed but the Republic is formed of thousands of systems. So we're meant to believe the whole New Republic just isn't putting up a fight against the First Order, who I'll mention just had their biggest advantage blown up at the end of the last movie in Starkiller base.
Admiral purple-hair not telling a single soul on the ship about her plan despite morale dropping to the point of a mutiny. And you have apologists saying "oh well there could be a mole on the ship". Having to make up bs reasons to justify character's actions is a sign that they make no sense.
The extent of Leia's force abilities so far have been shown to be that she can detect people's deaths from across the galaxy. And yet she is able to force pull herself 300 yards in space.
The "power creep" is just getting ridiculous. Rey is pulling off stuff that wasn't even seen in the prequels when the Jedi were at the height of their power and she trained with Luke for a solid 3 days.
The Luke attempting to kill Kylo scene. I have problems with that scene for many reasons but just think about this. Kylo collapses the hut on top of both of them, and yet Luke is miraculously knocked out until after the whole temple has been destroyed.
Rose and Finn find a guy who can do all the things the master codebreaker can do conveniently in the same prison cell.
Rose and Finn just park their shuttle on the beach attracting all sorts of attention and compromising their only ride home.
God I could go on and on. And these aren't just all nitpicks. There are massive plotholes in the entire premise of the story.

mr. mouseberg is proud of you, shill

go ask pablo on twitter, I'm sure he's gotten enough of that question already, he'll finally realize that he's as retarded as ST fans and khs.

I had a lot of issues with this movie.

In the first five minutes it starts like some parody of Star Wars, and it portrays the villains like some incompetent goofballs.

I didn't feel any tension until the throne room scene, which ended too quickly, then the movie dragged on for half an hour and didn't accomplish much, the climax should have been the throne room.

So yes, lack of tension, dumb humor that takes you out of the movie, pacing, contrived convoluted writing that leaves you stretching your head at what the point of it was. I can't find a better word for it, contrived.

Like why Admiral Mansplaining can't just tell Poe the plan. Figure out a way to create conflict without feeling so artificial and contrived. It's the same for Luke momentarily unsheathing his lightsaber and Kylo waking up at the right time . It's such cheap contrived writing .

Almost every story thread was bad, except Rey and Kylo and when you think about it it plays like some teen girl romance drama. It was effective but that's what it was "good girl tries to fix the bad boy because of magical connection".

Those were my main problems I guess, objectively I would rate it 6/10, mostly because it had good high points and it looked good a lot of the time.

HOWEVER, because they butchered Luke so much, and they did it with such hack situational writing, I fucking HATE THIS MOVIE

youtu.be/FKj7jnPIzLQ

YEAH HE WAS, SHUT UP SOYBOY

>im a smarter than Lucas headcanon
fuck off JJ

>fat fernando

>people actually like PT Yoda
Turning him from a sage mentor into a karate kid that jumps around like it has ADHD is a complete disgrace. Why George ever thought it was a good idea to let him fight I will never understand.

this, i fucking hate the backwards yoda-speak used for EVERY LINE
looking back on the dialogue from ESB I just want to rewatch it
so sick of this horrible shit nu-starwars bs

Not an argument. Disney-wars shit too but has nothing on the tactless mangling of PT Yoda.

Quite literally everything that's not Empire and ROTJ.

>prequels
>shits around with his retarded glowstick lightsaber and generally just does stupid shit

>TLJ
>blows up the most ancient Jedi temple in the galaxy
>fucks around with Luke for shits and giggles

And now try to form an actually sentence.

actually it was l. kasdan's idea.

it's literally a deconstruction of star wars and people hate it for that reason. Most of these problems are subjective.
Admiral can't tell the plan because there might be spies in the ship

>Around the survivors, a perimeter create!

Rebels

calling something a deconstruction doesn't magically make it not shit you know

>He doesn't not use a lightsaber just because "he's wise" or some shit, but because he's physicaly unable to

No, because that's contrary to Yoda's teachings. He literally says, "Judge me by my size, do you?" Physical limitations are non-existent with the Force. Yoda wouldn't use a lightsaber because war does not make one great and he shouldn't have to since his power with the Force makes lightsabers a moot point. If you pull out a lightsaber against Yoda he'll pull it out of your hand to show you how much left you have to learn.

but it's not shit retard. You hate it because you're a nostalgiafag. OT isn't as good as you think it is. Just because it's not what you wanted, doesn't magically make it siht

There was that weird TV show that had him dressed in a bear costume the whole time.
But you could tell it was him because of the voice and bad jokes.

>urning him from a sage mentor into a karate kid that jumps around like it has ADHD is a complete disgrace
>a jedi master in his younger days fighting and showing insane reflexes to highlight his mastery of force-assistd maneuvres is somehow bad
FAGGOT

No, Luke is right to judge him by his size while he looks at him from an ignorant perspective as a purely physical warrior. Yoda demonstrates that the force brings him above that stuff. He's not a swordsman, because he cant be. He supplements brute physical strength with the force. That's the point. So to have him pull out a sword in the prequels ruins that.

Yoda is better in the PT than in TLJ.

Yoda was 900 years old when he died.
20 years earlier he was only 880 years old. Truly his prime.

Because this is 20 years prior, which means Yoda was younger and could therefore kick ass! At least that's the excuse I fed myself as to why him and Sheev jump around like they're hopped up on sugar. Like I can accept they're both among the strongest in the galaxy, but their combat prowess seems more plausible if PT were 50 years ago.

>Yoda going full retard
>best since the OT

kys, shill

Your logic is flawed, Yoda was literally about the die in ESB

Yoda isn't supposed to be a fighter in the first place. It goes against his character while also looking absolutely ridiculous at the same time. and bring up some good points.

>younger days
>880 years old

Yoda is already an old man. Not that it matters since the Force overcomes the aging, but the real reason he wouldn't use a lightsaber is here Yoda never used brute strength in the prequels, he used the Force to create a fighting style that used his size to his advantage. The Force is the equalizer.

The point was never that Yoda COULDN'T fight with a lightsaber, it was that he didn't HAVE TO.

>movies establish the Force can enhance one's physical abilites
>lmao why did the strongest Jedi of his time jump around so much

Did you have a problem with the 80-year-old Dooku being an expert fencer too, shill?

Why was Yoda rubber in The Last Jedi?

>fun to watch at
>doesn't change the retarded idea that Dooku can best him in the force and he has to fight with his lightsaber

>retards, who didn't watch ESB
"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack."

Jedi use lightsabers because it's against their religion to kill with the Force.

i didnt say prime. i said younger, faggot

>Admiral can't tell the plan because there might be spies in the ship

This explanation does not work.

> Poe was Leia's most trusted man and cannot possibly be a Spy, he was selected to bring the map back
>Poe saw what was going on from the bridge console, so everyone on that bridge knew, it wasn't kept to a 1 or 2 people
>Even after he causes a mutiny SHE STILL DOES NOT TELL HIM. If there's a mutiny, the spies have won, he's the leader of the mutiny so she can end it right there. Instead she keeps her mouth shut until a fight breaks out and people can be killed

Not about to die, but still fucking old, you tumbling dickweed.

>Dooku can best him in the force

What movie were you watching? Yoda blocked every attack he tried and told him he still has much to learn with a shit eating grin.

Kasdan wasn't involved with the prequels

this. if anyone was going to not use a lightsaber it would've been sheev.

This, fucking this.

And that's why walks with a cain unless he's using the Force to amp his physical abilities.

>uhmmm yoda isn't supposed to fight sweetie
God you star wars nerds are fucking embarrassing. I'm glad Disney ruined your childhood.

Yoda in the prequels was cool as shit, especially in the fight against Sidious. The fight with dooku wasn't as good though.

>inb4 disney shill
The sequels are garbage.

Wasn't the reason that Yoda had to fight with the lightsaber that neither of them could overcome the other one trough forceuse?

you quote but supports yoda fighting, just with a different reasoning

That doesn't support Yoda fighting. Read more than the first sentence.

completely fucking agree. good poste

see Dooku only said that to make himself feel better about his powers being completely useless against Yoda despite turning to the Dark side to gain more power.

>he claims TLJ ruined people's childhood when Yoda was faithful to the OT while PT Yoda wasn't
?

I'm fine with that because he only used it against opponents he couldn't straight up over power with the Force (Yoda and Mace). If it was someone like Obi-Wan Sheev would just dismiss him with a hand wave.

Wasn't Yoda supposed to be a manifestation of the force?

They fucked up his speech patterns in the prequels a lot.

You could assume from Empire that Yoda speaks the way he does because of years spent in isolation, having never spoken English to anyone but himself. It adds a backstory to the character without any exposition. But according to the prequels Yoda is an idiot who never had any grasp of the English language to begin with.

>make Yoda act like a retard like he did when he was testing Luke's character
>an act he dropped as soon as he figured Luke out
>faithful to the OT

You “people” are beyond fucking hopelessly retarded. TLJ Yoda was absolutely true to his ESB self. They used a puppet again that looked like the original. He was a playful troll. His dialogue was similar and not butchered into gibberish like in the prequels. Prequel Yoda is literally a cartoon character. A caricature of ESB Yoda.

You just hate the movie so you hate everything in it that isn’t Kylie Ren even though Yoda was perfect

it's infuriating

How was he acting like a retard? He was giving Luke advice

>war does not make one great
Spoken like a true pacifist. The ability to fight doesn't make you wrong, it makes you survive.

Lightsabers are like M.A.D. for force-users, not having one is a serious disadvantage.

>He was a playful troll.

Yes, exactly the opposite of ESB and ROTJ Yoda, who was serious af, after he dropped the act.

You don’t get it. You idiots have actual real autism. I’m out of this place and going back to Sup Forums where I can advocate killing all jews and homosexuals without getting banned

>They used a puppet again that looked like the original
wow so faithful, younger yoda should also look the same, yes!!

Not when there's literal space magic that can prevent a fight and also the reason for fighting.

>cackles like a faggot
>burns down an ancient Jedi temple just mess with Luke
>still treats him like a child when ROTJ Yoda treated Luke like an adult

Yoda would never do this.

this. But Sup Forums is full of contrarians, by episode 9 most of you faggots will be complaining about it being a rehash of what we've already seen and will be lauding 8 as one man's original vision, a flawed masterpiece, like you do with the prequels.

Nice false flag. A real Sup Forumslack would never support some SJW movie like Soy Wars.

PT Yoda was great, fuck redditlettermedia.
In TLJ he is just there for lick Rei's ass that's already shining from the whole galaxy licking it. And don't even get me started on the quality of the animatronic, the Muppet show had better movement.

When the other guy draws his lightsaber and has already used Sith Lightning on you, the time for space magic has passed.

as shown several times, a match through use of force is a stalemate that is more decisively settled with lightsabers

Just fuck off you dumb kike. You should be gassed and tossed into a crematory oven. Or just a normal oven on the oven cleaning setting

lmao, saved my friend

>caring about appearance instead of substance
spotted the millenial

Unless you run into a guy like Sheev who is your equal in space magic. Not to mention that the dark side powers are inherently more offensive in nature.