Unironically Loved the Prequels

My favorite 3 Star Wars movies. Having seen TLJ, I can only appreciate the plot depth and abundant locations of the prequels even more. Sure, Jar-Jar was stupid but I-III fucking ruled and you know it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O8LIqGfuvQw
newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I agree. and more people are more sympathetic to them now that Disney made an actually abysmal sequel

comfy kino

This is exactly how the video game community suddenly rallied around GTA IV when V came out even though IV was ridiculed for years in comparison to San Andreas.

but V isn't bad

post millennial detected

If you can look past the bad, the prequels have a lot of good in them.

>SW prequels are good!
youtube.com/watch?v=O8LIqGfuvQw

The content is irrelevant

OTfags get out

Read something for once instead of living in the 70s
newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas

In terms of watchability, Star Wars 1-3 hold a lot of weight given how intricate they are and have a lot of rewatchability. TLJ was literally just them in Space the whole time.

>the prequels are good because there is some article that says so
really?

Why do the OTfags never criticize all the stupid shit in their favorite movies but then have nothing but thousands of complaints about the PT? OT has tons of stupid shit through out all three movies.

most of the stupid shit is a direct result of the prequels

>I-III fucking ruled and you know it.
Nope. They sucked then and they suck now.

this. and people constantly discuss the mistakes in the ot.

Why don't you read the article and evaluate its arguments to see if you agree with them

False! Were Ewoks beating the empire in the 6th movie the PT fault? No it was not. What about stormtroopers having the shittiest of aim? You cannot blame the PT for that one. How about how Vader just falls over like a complete retard during the fight with Luke? Definitely not PT fault either. Oh yeah and remember guys Greedo shot first.

I'm not saying the OT is bad but the OT faggot nerds are literally just extremely biased in their hate of the PT.

>Greedo shot first

special edition fuckery and prequels same category

6 is shit and the rest of that is explained by it being a space fantasy movies where the young orphan boy beats the evil wizard with space magic rather than serious science fiction drama like clones and sith tried to be

III is good, though it got worse when I learned that the obviously fake story Palpatine tells Anakin about Darth Plagueis, a name he obviously just made up on the spot, is actually canon and he was actually Palpatine's master.

I is not good, but it's watchable, II is just absolutely terrible though.

If you think the prequels are good, then you should do yourself a favor and watch this series called plinkett. He does rly good reviews of the prequels and shows how actually bad they are. Trust me, they are good.

The movie poster art is amazing.

Lucas has forced it but like it or not its OT canon fag. The OT as it once was is pretty damn rare to see now. Quit grasping this hard for straws when you know OT had tons of stupid shit.

because i can think for myself

I believe that if you don't like Star Wars and don't really give a shit about >muh canon, one can easily see that the "prequels" are not only the best Star Wars movies but actual great films on their own terms.

well it's not as bad as the force rehash and as "Literally the last jedi as the movie is tanking so hard no one will ever see another star wars movie again", but there are obvious flaws:

-flat non physical acting
-very bad writing
-all that crap with small anakin, jar jar, and the gungans in the first one
-low stakes battle between clones and robots- who cares
-cgi doesn't hold as well as practical effects in many scenes
-very stupid "anakin's fall" plot, literally done in the most uninteresting way imaginable
-anakin is not a hero who turns bad but an idiot with mental problems from movie 2