They couldn't even get the facial proportions right

They couldn't even get the facial proportions right.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FKj7jnPIzLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EQX0fupO7PA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He honestly didn't look much like him, or a living human being.

why didn't they use make-up and prostetics on a guy that kind of resembles him?
why didn't they just shoot his scenes from the back?

are they going to quit milking the old cast and use one of the other great stories? they can do anything star wars that's pretty amazing.

>why didn't they use make-up and prostetics on a guy that kind of resembles him?
They tried that in Revenge of the Sith

What is it about skin that makes it so hard to simulate in CGI.

This bickering is pointless.

doesn't even look that bad though, he just looks a bit younger with a wider face. maybe add a little CGI to fix that. would've probably been more convincing than what we have right now.

haven't seen it in motion but I imagine the make up/prosthetic doesn't move as organically either

probably better than full CGI though

Was still a more realistic star wars character than asain cosplay tranny

What the fuck are you talking about? The cgi version looks 1000 times better. Dumb blind contrarian cuck

It's more about how acute humans are at analyzing faces and body language as social creatures that makes it hard to replicate closely enough to get out of the uncanny valley.

It doesn't look realistic enough but I'm glad they did it because if it weren't for this silly gimmick the movie would have been 100% forgettable. I appreciate them taking some risks.

It looks good fuck off

;_;

yeah it looks great in the screenshot. In the movie however when the fucker is actually moving he looks like a robot trying to expres human emotions. The uncanny valley is still a very real thing and they could've solved that by not using shitty motion capture but just using a real actor instead.

it's hard to do because it can wrinkle and deform with movement. skin also has small details that most other materials dont have which gives it the uncanny effect that Tarken has.

How do I get cheeks like dat?

why did they go through all that effort for a character no one cares about or remembers

just give people the explosions and the lightsabers

>tfw these actors will live on forever via digilal techology
>tfw they don't have to pay actors for any roles now.

Do meth

>a character no one cares about or remembers
Are you shitting me? Tarkin is one of the best parts of ANH by far. Plebs and normies think Vader was the main bad guy when he was obviously being controlled by the emperor and Tarkin. You need to go back.

>Plebs and normies think Vader was the main bad guy
So you agree with me? You realise this is most of the audience for this shit, right?

Why did they not just get the guy they had playing Tarkin in Revenge of the Sith?

He looked exactly like him anyway, unless that guy was cgi too.

There are laws against using someone's resemblance.

Meh. I still liked it. He still had far more menace in his pinkie then the entire First Order.

And Rogue One actually pulled the incompent antagonist with Krennic far better then the First Order.

youtu.be/FKj7jnPIzLQ

>77
>Star Wars was released in 1977

Unless they sign their afterlives aways to the mouse.
I wouldn't be suprised if somewhere in the conracts they have a paragraph that states that they can use their likliness in case that the actor is unavailable.

Can someone more experienced help to explain to me why it looks so weird? I can't articulate what's so bad about it.

They have to pay 3D animators and voice actors though.

Probably. It worked well in Furious 7 anyway.

Uncanny valley

Uncanny valley

looks great

wew lad

how uncanny

I don't know why they didn't just make up the actor. He looks close enough to Tarkin.

Agreed.

It would have looked better if the motion was a little smoother, though. That's the biggest hurdle.

no
no he doesn't

it's the light refraction. makes cgi people stand out compared to their surroundings.

Producers think CGI sells tickets.

I thought it looked alright in motion, still creepy as fuck but I took the time to marvel at the technological advancement rather than think about the horror of what could be done with the technology. It became to apparent to me when we saw his reflection in a window though.

That being said why didn't they just cast the fucking emperor in the role? Guy is still alive and looks the role now more than ever

That was an actual actor with make up and cosmetics, unlike the fags who did all CGI replication of him in Rogue One.

They should've just kept him facing the glass with a reflection it tops. Less is more but I guess Disney doesn't know that expression.

They could have just kept him out of the movie entirely. Everybody would have just assumed that he was made head of the Death Star project after his predecessor was killed in this movie.

That is Scorpius from Farscape.
youtube.com/watch?v=EQX0fupO7PA

Those pictures are at different angles, it is still amazing how they can do this actor resurrection with CGI. I want to see Dooku in a standalone movie or a Clone Wars movie.