How long till Episode ZERO comes out?

Good book. They'll never make it into a film. The plot involves too much politicking, which is apparently not allowed for a Star Wars film.

Also it's saturated with old EU material.

The politics in every version of Star Wars make no goddamn sense at all.

They call it a 'Republic" but it seems to be nothing more than a loose federation of independent governments with one senate seat per world -- it's not even bicameral and has representation by planet but not by population. It's like a shittier less-functional version of the EU. There doesn't appear to be any kind of centralized management or services beyond the clone army that wasn't even in existence until people tried to succeed.

Like -- what fucking function does the galactic republic accomplish that isn't already handled by local planetary governments? And why do they fixate on Palpatine changing everything from democracy to autocracy when arguably the bigger change is from federation to unitary state? And just how democratic was the republic anyway? Does anyone with a planet get one senate seat regardless of population? Can the some asshole just go and colonize a rock and get a seat which gives him as much voting power as the representative of a core world with a population of billions? If a local government is blatantly non-democratic, does it still get a a seat as a member of the larger federation? If not, who decides which colonies are legit, and which ones aren't? If, as I assume, unofficial legitimized colonies are actually beyond the law and can practice things like slavery, then that means the Republic knowingly created massive zones of oppression and anarchy simply because they weren't capable of drawing up a workable system of representation. The only way you could possibly stop this is by using physical force to prevent people from expanding and settling beyond the limits of the existing republic -- and how the fuck is that possible without a fucking army? Like -- how the fuck did this government exist for as long as it did when they never bothered to raise armies until within a few years of its end?

Fucking brainlets I swear.

All of this could be waved away easily if we are told the republic just deals with interplanetary trade and defense while domestic matters are handeled domestically.

I don’t remember them spenadong time in any of the movies really explaining what the Republic does, and I don’t read the EU stuff. So I don’t know.

>what fucking function does the galactic republic accomplish that isn't already handled by local planetary governments? And why do they fixate on Palpatine changing everything from democracy to autocracy when arguably the bigger change is from federation to unitary state? And just how democratic was the republic anyway? Does anyone with a planet get one senate seat regardless of population? Can the some asshole just go and colonize a rock and get a seat which gives him as much voting power as the representative of a core world with a population of billions? If a local government is blatantly non-democratic, does it still get a a seat as a member of the larger federation? If not, who decides which colonies are legit, and which ones aren't? If, as I assume, unofficial legitimized colonies are actually beyond the law and can practice things like slavery, then that means the Republic knowingly created massive zones of oppression and anarchy simply because they weren't capable of drawing up a workable system of representation. The only way you could possibly stop this is by using physical force to prevent people from expanding and settling beyond the limits of the existing republic -- and how the fuck is that possible without a fucking army? Like -- how the fuck did this government exist for as long as it did when they never bothered to raise armies until within a few years of its end?
All of these questions are covered in OP's book. Really.

Would be really interesting to see this made into a movie. I dont know why its not canon anymore, its not like it affects any other part of the canon. It very easily still could count as the backstory of Sheev and Plagueis.

>I don’t read the EU stuff. So I don’t know.
Neither do I, but if the republic is really just a cost-sharing program for military and trade dispute resolution, then it's not really a government. It's not really a republic.

So then you can't shit on palpatine for replacing it when the biggest change he's making is creating a centralized fucking government from scratch.

All that shit you described is the reason why the Separatists came to be in the first place (besides Sith manipulations) and how Sheev managed to overtake and aoverthrow the Republic from the inside.

holy mother of guylek I have never witnessed that much autism in my life

>destroys your canon

It's not autism. He's just passionate and raises some good questions.

I actually don't consider myself a Star Wars fan. I never consume any of the EU stuff besides KOTOR, and I didn't like the prequels.

If I'm passionate about anything, it's politics, not Star Wars.

Are you retarded?

Do I need to have read anything else to understand this? Just snagged the epub

Not many conflicting events to the prequels.

>Do I need to have read anything else to understand this?
nope

Starts off with Plagueis and slowly transitions to becoming a Rise of Palpatine book

>people tried to succeed

Kys lol

thanks, I was hoping to hear more about it from my friend who is a jedi

The last parts actually borrow material from several comics and books set around that time. I think it mentions stuff that happened in the Darth Maul comic series, the Cloak of Deception book, and some others.

Don't worry, friend. This novel was referenced in the canon Tarkin novel

as long as it doesn't leave me completely bewildered

Just looked it up. It tells stuff from the Jedi Council: Acts of War comic, the Darth Maul comic, the Cloak of Deception book, and the Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter book at the end. But most of the book is original content that you can just read.

Whose that handsome devil on the right?

And it's almost all of it political stuff for a young Palpatine all the way till episode I

that's sheev, and damn does he look good. Must've corrupted a lot of jedi ladies if you know what I mean.

My favorite characters and book.
100% canon.

By the same author

You mean he Force'd his way into some Jedi V?

They can turn Lords of the Sith into a movie too.

Although is a good book it didn’t make sense that Plagueis was alive during the events of The Phantom Menace.