Star Wars friday box office

77% drop
What happened?

bad legs
fans seen it as soon as came out, normies don't give a fuck and after hearing fans complain they pass

It's comparing this past Friday, to the Friday before, when the movie was released. TLJ has bad daily holds, but that's really not a fair comparison at all. Of course premier day is going to be much higher than any other day.

Explain how TFA had only a 58% drop

Everyone involved with The Last Jedi didn't understand that insulting your target demographic by labeling them stupid, racist, and misogynistic will only make them not want to see your movie. Alternately, if Blacks didn't show up in high numbers to see The Original Trilogy, or the Prequels, then what made them so sure that Blacks will watch the New Trilogy. Young black actors like John Boyega have no talent, or Charisma to carry the film or make it watchable.

It's not good.

By this time in 2015 I know people who had seen TFA two-three times.

This one? Even people who say they LOVE IT sure are dragging their asses to get that second viewing...

>TFA made 2x more
JUST

I think Jaeh from FA explained it best: People nowadays just don't want to go to the movies. They're rather stay at home and watch films on Netflix because it's a way more comfortable experience and cheaper than going to a multiplex.

Because it was the first SW movie in several years? How hard is this for you fucking retards to grasp that a sequel would do less numbers than the one before it.

>B-B-BUT IT'S THE WORST SW MOVIE NUMBERS OF ALL TIME

Yeah cause it's a movie in the time of streaming and the internet. The returns would be less. It's still a success and this culture of "lol XD this thing is a failure!!" is the most reddit thing of all time.

The movie is fucking trash

Is that it? I think coco made more money lol.

do you think tfa would have pulled those numbers without anyone from the old cast?

>insult your core fanbase
>surprised when nobody watches your movie

idk lol

I said it was shit to my mother in law.

She now does not give a fuck. Many people are like this.

It was two years ago. Whats going on is that TFA had great word of mouth, excitement, and generally gave fans what they wanted - a STAR WARS movie.

TLJ pissed off the series core fans and the only people who seem to like it are hipsters.

>How hard is this for you fucking retards to grasp that a sequel would do less numbers than the one before it.
Explain The Lord of the Rings, the Captain America, and the Thor trilogies

It's not just the Last Jedi. The quality of cinema as a whole has declined because Hollywood wants to make pretentious flicks instead of telling a story.

It's good to show contempt for your audience

Oh my god.

I can’t believe retards like this guy continue backwards-rationalizing what a SHIT movie this was.

It's not fair to compare the second weekend to the first? That's how they judge every movie's performance, you know that, right?

Oh. Oh wow. That is spectacularly bad. If it doesn’t grow some legs for Monday and Tuesday it’s finished. Theatres have been locked into keeping it on their biggest screens for four weeks too, they’re going to be furious.

Yeah. The resistance was impeccably diverse except the one scene where the frontline on the salt planet is 100% white males, or any time they needed an explosion it happened to be a group of white males near the blast in every scene.

Hipsters aren't going to show up for the next movie though. Outside of their group, hipsters are pathetic people trying too hard to be cool.

Yes it is. 2nd week always going to be a lower % but still valuable in calculating the demand for the movie.

Nobody is gonna go to the cinema on Christmas. That's supposed to be family time.

General audiences didnt like it, and told their freinds about how they didnt like it. Plus this film got spoiled early on and none of the spoilers seem interesting enough to actually watch the movie to see them

>I think Jaeh from FA

...The fetish artist? Are you...are you quoitng a furry fetish artist as an argument for why this movie is sucking balls?

>movie in time of streaming as a fucking excuse

>Theatres have been locked into keeping it on their biggest screens for four weeks too, they’re going to be furious.

Yeah, Disney isn't going to be able to pull that shit again.

yeah a 60 percent drop is awful, 50 is good, 40 is great

77 is ABYSMAL

>Nobody is gonna go to the cinema on Christmas. That's supposed to be family time.
Why the fuck do they release their billion dollar franchise movie at that time then?

Jews trying to divide goyim families, of course

But Star Wars isn't a movie about diversity. Humans in Sci-Fi are always the least interesting species in the galaxy. Aliens don't care about strong female leads. I'm pretty sure they're baffled as to why a black dude is hooking up with an ugly Asian chick in the middle of a battle.

Oh no. Now it will only make $1.7 billion!

America yes, because they can’t go five minutes without needing to be distracted like a cat having keys jangled in front of it.

Rest of world, no.

The Last Jedi has as much legs as Snoke.

even 1.5 may be hard

Beats me. Where I'm from everyone gathers together on Christmas Eve and spends Christmas day together. Nobody has time to go to the movies.

1.2 billion is bad for a franchise that makes 1.9-2.2 on a normal day. Especially since disney payed multi-billions for the franchise

I was being satirical and you proved my point faggot

Don't leave out the Avengers sequel, which only underperformed by 100 million compared to the 1.5 billion the first brought in. Disney was so mad that their sequel didn't gross more it caused internal restructuring and terminations. Disney had VERY high expectations for TLJ, probably higher than they did for the Avengers.

Americans hate their families so they watch movies instead

>Buy hideously expensive license
>Run it into the ground within a couple of years
Is Disney the EA of cinema?

It's on track for about $1.2/1.5 billion.

That's a significant drop from Force Awakens.

Disney has been the EA lf cinema ever since they realize they could just print money by buying other companies to make stuff for them instead of making it themselves

and thiS just Happened all of a sudden in two years? Is it just inconceivable to you that people just might not Like the Last jedi?

Unironically yes. Just wait until they make new X-men movies. I can't wait for quipster Wolverine and Alien movies with SJW themes.

reminder that two weeks ago this film was a lock for 1.7bn+, and now it looks like it won't even get to 1.5bn. That's a $200m shortfall for Disney based on projections. I honestly cnanot wait for their garbage spin-off movies to fail even more given the whole franchise is seeing fatigue

based

boyega was a good actor

I think a bigger reason is that this is a THIRD star wars movie. Audiences are use to waiting for a Star Wars movie every few years, not one poped out yearly. Fatigue has already set in

conclusion?
who gonna stop Disney? Disney itself.

> I honestly cnanot wait for their garbage spin-off movies to fail even more given the whole franchise is seeing fatigue

Solo looks fucking awful even without the TLJ backlash. Even without all the production problems, firing directors, hiring a guy who can't act, and Kelly C being in the movie, this movie would still be a bad idea. Literally nobody was asking for a Han Solo movie.

>How hard is this for you fucking retards to grasp that a sequel would do less numbers than the one before it.
You were saying mousecuckteer?

It's probably a much worse hit than that as the dvd sales will likely rival fembusters.

1.5 is a stretch now. 1.2-1.3 is more realistic.
But, of course, that's still a ton of money.

The question is, will the Han Solo movie be worse than the star wars holiday special

That's how it goes with everything. Decay grows from within.

>leads are kike found on a bar mitzvah and Emilia Clarke

yes

Plus all the bad press is just bad optics for a franchise like this. Including the EA travesty with Battlefront, and the higher ups are probably furious.

how did thor and beauty and beast do so good then?

It's really not when they have to make up the $4bn they paid for the franchise. And they will see

qt A-wing pilot got exploded near the beginning though ;_;

Just hope they don't have enough influence with the government at that time to get declared "too big to fail".

I posted on leddit a week ago saying this would be the BvS of Star Wars and go downvoted to fuck
Seems I wasn't too far off after all

even less for overseas revenue

>First Daisy Teethly
>Then Felicity Jones
>Now Emilia Clarke

What the fuck is up with Soy Wars and every female lead being British, brunette, blue/green-eyed? Is Kathleen Kennedy seriously just casting idealised inserts of herself for all these productions?

not in the SW movies

only the chinks can save this movie

>minoriteam diversity squad fucks up and dwindles the resistance down to a handful of men
>they’re all older white men left to pick up the pieces for cokehead leia and admiral tumblr
>the new (successful) resistance is a coalition of white (human) males who win through the power of patriarchy and a good work ethic
>they’ll be gracious enough to let the token nigs and womyn take credit because real men are humble and just want to get the job done

Pottery

Because Cameron did it first with Titanic and it worked for him so now everyone's trying to replicate his success. Jesus Christ Sup Forums you're supposed to know at least this entry level stuff. An average RLM fanboy knows this shit.

Russian Alt-Right hacked the box office, duh.

the marketing cost for SW VIII is crazy, their shit is everywhere

im pretty sure it cost 2, 3x what a normal movie would spend

A main SW flick making as much as a SW spinoff is a disaster.

TFA bombed in chink land, and with this one being an even worse film, having a gook lead
(chinks hate gooks) AND the whole gook-black kiss, it's going to do terribly there.

Guccifer 3.0 here. Can confirm I have been working with Fancy Bear to hack hack Fandango and transfer 200 million from The Last Jedi to the Rock's RAUNCH winter commedy Jumanji. Also, we deleted RLM's tickets.

He's a shit actor, which could be tolerable if he also wasn't ugly.

No, several factors contribute to it, like cinema prices going up, quality of food going down, people don't know how to act in a theater. and hollywood being out of ideas.

this, also fuck hwitepipo

i fucking hate pol

>china
>caring about SW

the OT never released in china back in the 1980s. They dont have a cultural fondness for SW. TFA and R1 both performed TERRIBLY in china. TFA only made 124M in china, compare that to UK's 168M.

And they sure are not going to see a new one that has a fat viet girl along with the negro. The chinks hate the viets

>AND the whole gook-black kiss
She's Vietnamese, they're hated just as much as niggers in China.

Acting talent certainly isn't a consideration

Chinks like Fast and the Furious.

Lmao I will laugh at fanboys so hard when it has a bigger weekend drop than BvS. That's because sunday is christmas eve and movies will be closed at night, but I still won't care

>Chinks like Fast and the Furious.
Top tier taste desu.

Sup Forums loves you

>dropping harder than BvS
THOSE ALTRIGHT TROLLS CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT THEY ARE REVIEW BOMBING THE BOX OFFICE TOOO

F

Literally the only reason the salt planet resistance members were white males was because they were cameos (Rogue One director iirc)

Every other Resistance member was a woman or brown. I redboxed Battlefront II and literally a majority of Resistance npcs are women, like the protagonist, in an FPS that has a 85+% male audience

It’s like franchise death as performance art

and Sup Forums hates you, redditard

We did it!
We fucking DID IT!!!!!
Take that soyboys

Star Wars and Star Trek doesn't sell in Asia because they already have Mobile Suit Gundam.

This is total horeshit excuse. Normies don't have a problem with watching capeshit every year in droves. The simple truth is that TLJ is fucking garbage. It's opening weekend gross was similar to TFA. Then the word spread this movie was absolute shit and it had worse sunday to monday drop off than the fucking BvS. At this point it's not even 100% certain if it will do better than Rogue One.

I thought Felicity was alright. Still turned off R1 an hour in, though.

Thor 3? Thor 2?

Captian America 3? Cap 2?

Fast and the Furious movies?

BvS?

95% of the major franchise sequels that outperform their original movies?

>someone said offesnive things on Sup Forums?!?!?!
>IT must be Sup Forums!!!121!1!!1!1!111!
Love you to user.
Yeah, but I still don't think they'll take kindly to it. I'd expect them not to go see the movie, then use that scene to mock viets.
Either way, TFA pulled in what, 124M in china, right? I'd expect TLJ to do sub-100M then. Certainly not enough to save this film.

Sjw happened, it's time for some cleansing.

delet this

>76.4%
OH NONONONOON

>probably higher than they did for the Avengers.
Well they should be, one reason why this feel like a very big fuck up it's the fact that it's fuckin Star Wars, it should be an event like TLOTR

Convinced four people not to see it so far. How about you, Sup Forums, have you done your part?