No planetes
No battle ship yamato

why even pretend you care about anime

>no Flash Gordon
>no Buck Rogers

LoGH is in the top row.

>no UFO

Firefly is too high up

Is Trigun good? I really like Cowboy Bebop and I figured maybe I would like that as well

Is Bittenfeld the dumbest man in the galaxy?

It's alright for what it does. The manga has an entirely different plot and outcome but the anime does a decent job of condensing the story. The entire thing is pretty much filler until halfway through but a fun show. If you wanted to know more about Vash and Knive's origins just be warned all that stuff is in the manga.

Was Bucky O'Hare really a show? I remember playing the arcade game as a kid and it was one of the best ones out there.

Joss is a faggot cuck soyboy but this show is still fucking great.

Stargate was so comfy im gonna rewatch it now

>no Star Fleet
youtu.be/Z7GFU5ncKhU

>Love sci fi and westerns
>Decide to watch the first episode of Firefly
>Heard its cancellation described as the biggest injustice in TV history
>wonder how they're gonna blend the sci fi and western elements in an interesting way
>opening starts
>literally country music, a brown filter and shots of people riding on horses with some space ships flying by
>realize reddit tricked me again

Honestly, what draws me most to the show is the protagonist's name. Vash the Stampede sounds fucking cool. But if I watch it I'll definitely keep my expectations reasonable.

Commodore Andrew Fork

Correction:

Space Above and Beyond is actually a High Tier Show.

The Expanse will not be remembered fondly in 10 years. I don't know what rating it will eventually settle on, but it will be lower than High Tier.

Mouretsu Pirates AKA Miniskirt Space Pirates AKA Bodacious Space Pirates is actually a High-Mid Tier show. Its only critical flaw is it should have been a multi season show, but this is to be expected from a show based on light novels. What I loved about Mouretsu Pirates was that the premise sounds like a cutesy slapstick show full of typical cringe inducing anime humor, visual gags, squishy faces, etc. Instead, it's played straight. There is no typical slapstick anime humor. In that way the title of the show and the opening give you a completely erroneous idea of what the show is like. It's like a mish mash of Outlaw Star + Captain Tylor but played totally straight.

Which brings up the glaring flaw of this list that Irresponsible Captain Tylor is not on it.

"No"

>Caprica not God tier
It didn't live up nearly to the potential of its premise and yet it is still far superior to every other show listed. also...
>including any british shows at all
You must have a brain tumor. I am so sorry.

>red dwarf
>not god tier

I literally have never heard of Legend of the galactic heroes until now. Is it good?

What's wrong with British shows?

It's the best anime space opera for sure. If you can get over the anime thing of everyone being too young for their jobs (there are two admirals who are in the fifties and sixties, but everyone else is 18-30), then it's a fairly grounded space war show.

trash this shitty startrek biased garbage chart

Oh my goodness... you are adorable!

LoGH is my favorite animu of all time, and my second favorite scifi franchise after Star Trek.

You can judge for yourself. Here is the opening storyarc:
youtube.com/watch?v=MrTJnLjjZTI
youtube.com/watch?v=M1-8rwZvftk
youtube.com/watch?v=yy1uU-FjtPo
youtube.com/watch?v=LiOF08Qt3Ac
youtube.com/watch?v=mvYW-Hzy6pQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nc9gO29vMt8
youtube.com/watch?v=YCvuz2JLaIY

Julian, Reinhard and Kircheis are the only main characters aged around 20. Everybody else is hovering around 20.

Additions:

Lost In Space - Low Mid Tier

Space 1999 - Season 1 - Very High Tier
Space 1999 - Season 2 - Terrible Tier

Seaquest DSV - Mid Tier
>Believe it or not the Seaquest participates in a war on another planet, I shit you not. Also submarine shows are basically space shows in execution.

Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea - God Tier
>It doesn't take place in space but it might as well.

It's fantastic, it has almost none of the standard anime cliches, in fact it's too good to be an anime, I put off watching it for years but once I did I saw why it gets so much praise

>no rick & morty in pic

The Expanse really reignited that sci-fi spark for me. They give me hope that you can still make a great show on a low-ish budget

not even scifi

You will never get to binge watch LOGH again... why even live.

These are sci fi shows, while rick and morty has a lot of hard science fiction it's too deep and philosophical to really be compared with the others

The Expanse books are written by George RR Martins protege sjw butt buddy and are designed from the ground up to be an assault on hard military science fiction which is the last outpost of conservative sci-fi authors many of whom are veterans.

Yamato.

Farscape should be higher and Firefly should be lower. Don't think I'd put SGU and Caprica in the same tier as STD either

>I'm a huge newfag
Yeah, watch it

I mean that's a nice Sup Forums post but I still like the show. Feel free to recommend that hard military shit though - I'd love to know some titles

No. Anime fans just hype it up because they're scared not liking something full of people standing around discussing the most basic of politics will make them look dumb.

>It's too good to be an anime
lol, that sounds like the kind of show I'll like

I'll give it a try. Seems like if I like it I'll have 110 episodes to enjoy. Seems like there are spin offs or remakes or whatever on imdb, but it is the 1988 show people are fans of?

>The Clone Wars
>Low Tier

Correct. The original 110-episode series is what matters.

The expanse creators are awful leftists but the show isn't too full of their SJW poison and is entertaining

autism

In my experience, ignoring anime recommendations is the right thing to do 99% of the time. But if people are up in arms about something that seems grounded and unique then I'll sometimes listen

Armor - John Steakley
Lost Fleet / Lost Stars (lost stars is even better but you should read lost fleet first - Jack Campbell
Honor Harrington series (first 10 books or so) - Weber
Hammer's Slammers - David Drake

The blond guy and Reuntal are also like 23.

>No Star Blazers

fuck outta here

It was too soon. It would have been different if he was still alive

Wait, up in arms is like a bad thing. I meant that they were excited about it

>Atlantis
>high-mid tier

Maybe the first three season.
S4 and especially 5 on the other hand...

dbz is for kids, retards, niggers, and south americans. which are you?

>Lexx on very low tier
Eat shit and die you retarded faggot.

Babylon 5, Farscape and Lexx shit all over Star Trek.

WRONG.

>clone wars
>low tier

Pluton BRB Nero

Look ass brain.

I recently watched ALL of Lexx. Even the final season which is completely unwatchable garbage.

The show isn't good. The first season is ok because you're like "Well this is fucking weird. And I like weird. But it's still bad."

But then season 2 and 3 are absolutely awful. Like I can't believe i sat through that shit. But I really wanted to give it a chance. And I did. And I hated it.

It's my #1 least enjoyed tv show of all time.

Pic is very much related.
My man.

I don't know much about LotGH. I heard it was a war drama heavy on political intrigue? How true is that?
I kinda need motivation to jump into a 110 episode show.

i just started it and i can't stop. just start it. it is great. it's even on youtube

It's even on YouTube links in this very thread.

>newest on the left
if you make chart dont make it like an autist

Farscape.
But no other sci-fi/space fantasy story comes closer to pic related.

>Bebop not god tier
Explain

red dwarf >>> the rest

watch legend of the galactic hero and you will understand how shallow it is

>no Space above and beyond
to the trash it goes

I rly liked this show

For what it was and when it was made, Bucky O'Hare was fucking fantastic. This was my formative cartoon over Winnie the Pooh or something similar.

Logh and Bebop are completely different shows

yeah they are. logh has great backstory. Bebop is great but has no backstory

STD is mid tier desu

>hyperbole because muh internet argument
Eat shit. I agree that S3 was really weak but the rest of the show is like a raw diamond.

It's there though.

Farscape, Red Dwarf, and Star Trek TNG are my favourites.

Lexx belongs way higher than Very Low Tier.

>DUDE he's the best martial artist and the best sharpshooter and the best fighter pilot and the most tragic lover of all time, he's freaking bad@$$ as heck LMAO
It became less compelling when I stopped being a teenager.

is star wars rebels actually good?

how is star wars not scifi?

good clone wars (the 2D cartoon) is in mid-tier though

The only good thing about Bebop is the setting and atmosphere.

Everything else is at the very best average.

Friendly reminder that JJ Abrams plagiarized the shit out of this children's scifi anime when writing Lost

>how is star wars not scifi?
The new Disney films are fan fiction.

not a good as cgi Clone Wars, clearly made for a younger audience

How? Because it's about people stranded in nature where spooky things go on? Pretty generic desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=PgCuDFLN0WE

scifi anime kino coming in

Where is anime space elves? Why is lesbian privateers in shit tier? It was a great break from the usual.

the orville should be god tier