Watching the movie industry slowly die is one of my favorite hobbies

watching the movie industry slowly die is one of my favorite hobbies.

Western society for me.

What does it feel like to know you will die before movies die?

>tickets sold decreasing
>box office increasing
i wouldn't say they're dying. looks to me like they're doing fine. although at some point people are going to get sick of the increasing ticket prices and would rather just wait for the blurays to come out

>making the most money ever
>dying

retard

paying........for films?

normies typically pay for movies, yeah

>I think the film industry is one area of one country.
never go full pleb.

>watching the movie industry slowly die
Google "Hollywood accounting"

Inflation.

At the same time anime industry is growing 10% per year for 7 years now. Hollywood is dying.

If people pay too much for tickets it's their own fault.

I can get tickets here for cheap if I buy groupon-codes. Or if I order tickets online and get reserved seats on top of that. Or if I go at one of the two movie nights each week. Or if I choose to watch the 2D version which is better anyway. Plus my cinema has a card to collect points with which I can pay snacks or drink.

Yet whenever we go we see dozens of people waiting in line like retards, paying too much for shit like "VIP-seats", coming without 3D glasses and buying their nth pair. Then they complain.

thats a good point. i'd like to see the same chart adjusted for inflation though

>Inflation.
You realise there was a recession during that time where inflation tanked, right?

i'm surprised there isn't a huge dip at 2008. i guess when everyone was losing their jobs they were still going to the movies

>he doesn't get free 3D glasses every time
Heh.

>free 3D glasses
no such thing here

>I can get tickets here for cheap if I buy groupon-codes.
i'm so glad i'm now successful enough to the point where i don't have to degrade myself by collecting fucking coupons
like is the $5 you're saving really worth the 15 minutes of googling for coupons and the embarrassment of presenting said coupon to the ticket clerk at the theater?
i'm being an obtuse dickhead i know but still. it just seems like something old ladies do to pass the time.

>i guess when everyone was losing their jobs they were still going to the movies
Ticket sales figures say attendance was still declining.

>free 3D glasses
these ones?

yeah it dipped only a little though. go look at the stock prices for every publicly traded company in 2008, aint no little dip there. those charts look like the grand canyon. its weird that theaters were only slightly effected.

> anime industry is growing 10% per year for 7 years now
> even more creatively bankrupt than Hollywood
Entertainment industry has absolutely no future beyond producing garbage until the next big crash in ticket sales.

Inflation (most often used as CPI and not core PCE inflation) takes into account all goods and services in the economy, you can have outliers like college that are way above the aggregated rate

Ayyyy I dunno how shit works wherever you from, but here in Germany you just wait until there's a local gourpon deal for your cinema. You buy 5 codes for 20€ (I usually buy 30 or so for a whole year) and copy-paste the code when you order your cinema ticket online.

It's literally a waste of money if you buy movie tickets any other way.

Explain

desu i'm not really familiar with groupon.

Nope
>pic related

We get these and they cost a quid each.

forgot pic

I've had these free every time I've seen a 3D film (3 or 4 times) at the Vue Cinema.

Those are LG, the ones I get free are no-name make. Last time was August iirc.

I have never known anyone who buys films

Ashens, is that you?

>even more creatively bankrupt than Hollywood

You are retarded if you actually believe that.

There is more variety and taking risks in one season of anime than in 5 years of modern Hollywood.

It's a short-term boom. Eventually the constantly-rising ticket prices will reach the death cross of being more than the vast majority of people are willing to piss away on two hours of mediocre entertainment, especially when they have access to virtually every film ever made in the last 100 years from the comfort of their living rooms, tablets and even smartphones. Rising prices will also make consumers more picky, back in the day when it was $3 for a ticket people were happy to roll the dice and not feel too aggrieved if they wasted that money on a shit film. Now, not so much - once negative word-of-mouth takes off in the normiesphere around a film you can watch its box office sink like a stone just like The Last Jedi's is currently. Hollywood is effectively dooming itself by being incapable of producing quality content.

...do you know how to read a graph? The total number of tickets or people seeing movies is LESS regardless of box office.

>Ashens
Who?
No, my sofa is leather. From that shitty thumbnail you can see Ashen's(?) sofa is some kind of cloth like material.

Inflation.

Also compare movie budgets then to movie budgets today.