I TRIED SO HARD AND GOT SO FAR

I TRIED SO HARD AND GOT SO FAR

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pfevBIsVG1o
youtube.com/watch?v=NMUWo9Xe4Is
youtube.com/watch?v=eo1uxc6ZgQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

53% is still overly generous for this *intentionally bad Star Wars movie*

Doesn't bother me, I liked TLJ and Episode II is ironically my favorite prequel.

Ho boy, remember when we only hoped that it'll cross 60% and tip the bucked? Disney is done for.

> Episode II is ironically my favorite prequel.
Explain yourself.

I like Anakin's quotes.

youtube.com/watch?v=pfevBIsVG1o

Episode III is objectively better than Episode II in every way.

This. It needs to go lower. They did this on purpose.

This movie felt more like a sequel to Spaceballs

B-b-but the score has been artificially lowered by the alt-right or Russians, it doesn't really mean anything!

Because it's like the Empire Strikes Back. It's also a movie actually about Anakin as a Jedi. It also has got a really good soundtrack. I just love everything about it. It was pure kino. Not too weird like Phantom and not too edge lord like Revenge.

They're right you know.
youtube.com/watch?v=NMUWo9Xe4Is

AOTC is my favorite prequel, too (although that's kind of like saying "my favorite root canal"), but TLJ is the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise (INCLUDING the Holiday Special).

49% here we come!

Their web of deceit is starting to crumble

>It also has got a really good soundtrack
thats the thing about the prequels,
if nothing else it had a good OST

No one hates Spaceballs

padme should have left him when he mentioned he murdered children.

episode II is definitely the worse. At least the phantom menace didn't look like a bad power rangers episode

Who could have predicted TLJ would end up in the 40s on RT and struggle to pass $1b at the box office? How did Disney shit the bed so hard?

You'd never say that if you knew what it was like to get fucked in the grass by a Jedi.

Exactly.
We're nearly to the point where they're going to use the "Hillary got more votes" strategy.

"53%? So you mean THE MAJORITY LIKED IT."

>fucked in the ass?

>Scene sets up Anakin's motivation for wanting Sheev's help
The prequels were a fucking mess, but at least they had set ups with actual payoffs. Episode 8 dropped so many plot lines it made episode 7 retroactively worse.

They still at least "felt like Star Wars movies".

Before TFA I rewatched all the movies, which means that I rewatched the prequels for the first and only time since seeing them in the theater. Yes they were completely disappointing compared to Eps 4-6, but they weren't as terrible as I remembered them, or as bad as pop culture kept telling me they were.

You could at least tell that they were part of the same creator's vision and that they were all "of a piece". I liked TFA more than any of the prequels, but in the long run it was better and less harmful to the franchise and to our actual culture in general to have Lucas's vision rather than a weird corporate/SJW perversion that ends up poisoning the well.

Attack of The Clones definitely had its weak moments. Dry dialogue and poor scenes that were a bit exhausting. Some CGI that just doesn't hold up. Every time Anakin tries to convince his feelings upon Padme.

However, there were so many great and wonderful things about that film, it's easy to look past what we don't like.

>Not remembering this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=eo1uxc6ZgQg

>However, there were so many great and wonderful things about that film

Like?

They were sand people.

DON'T FUCK WITH THE ALT-RIGHT

III>I>II

Disney remade Star Wars into movies that are intentionally designed to divide people. Old vs young, conservative vs liberal, fans vs normies and etc.

I'm seriously starting to consider the possibility that whomever was actually in charge of this POS intetionally wrote the plot, lines and characters such that they end up causing serious division between the viewers. There is no way around it, this movie flat out creates divisions amongst people and it's really successful in that.

a bad movie is a bad movie

Ever heard of two in the pink, Jedi Force push in the stink?

> intentionally designed to divide people.
Exactly. That's how (((they))) always operate.

I haven't watched it and I don't plan on paying money to do so, but how is it from y'all? I just can't be bothered mainly because I don't give a shit about the main character.

Incredibly disappointing to people who enjoyed TFA and a slap in the face to people who were Star Wars fans before 2015.

The ultimate pleb filter.
Finally, I can have Star Wars all for myself.

>the new trilogy isn't even finished and it's already so bad people are discussing which of the prequels was best
Terrifying

>0/10

Shut up, nerd.

>Incredibly disappointing to people who enjoyed TFA
I didn't though, so would I like it?

I don't like Spaceballs.

The entire first half hour of the film.

The movie doesn't really stall until the scene where Obi-Wan and Anakin split up. Obi-Wan's scene with Dax had some potential, but it falls short. The Jedi Temple scenes felt rushed, but they added some necessary depth to the Jedi Order in the films. We get to immerse ourselves briefly in the Jedi Temple, and the youngling scene with Yoda was special.

Obi-Wan's arc picks up again in Kamino, and never loses momentum after that.

Anakin was hit and miss all of the way between Naboo and Tatooine. Some of the scenes on Naboo flesh out his character and the relationship he shares with Padme. When they're talking about politics and their backgrounds, it's good, but they hit a brick wall every time they force the love angle.

Every scene on Tatooine is good with exception to the scene after Anakin kills the sand people. There is a little bit of dialogue in the machine shop that is weak, but then Hayden picks up the mood a bit and we can see how traumatic the whole experience was.

On Geonosis, the scene in the droid factory went on too long, and Jango Fett should have had more screen time. If they didn't stick Anakin in that stupid conveyer belt, then we could have had a scene where Jango fucks with Anakin and ultimately overpowers him.

The arena scene was great up until the Jedi arrive. The Jedi battle in the arena goes on for too long. It could have ended maybe two or three minutes earlier than it did, and it would be good. Jango's death wasn't that bad, but he should have had more scenes doing battle. We get the fight with Obi-Wan, which was great and maybe the most memorable scene in the film, but otherwise he's just kind of there until he kills the rhino and then loses his head.

The clone army battling the droid army was okay.

Dooku's duel was great.

Of course, you don't have to agree with me, and quite frankly I don't care.

I agree with most of this, except I don’t mind the conveyor belt scene... the R2 flying thing went too far

I enjoyed the arena battle too. I dont think that was too bad

Really my only problem with ep2 was the anakin parts on Naboo, i liked him on tatooine.... actually i really dont think I disliked episode 2, at least it had some flow and consistency

Makes sense. It's failproof 4D chess. Either way unless someone really sees through the smoke screens and the pervasive character and mythos attacks people are going to react angrily either against the movie or against people disliking the movie.

The other inexcusable fact is that this movie tears down the old, especially the imperfect hero character and replaces it with nothing. I had an argument with someone recently where I said that this fact was one of my biggest reasons for disliking The Last Jedi. The fact that TLJ burns the old but doesn't replace the elements that made the original trilogy so great and relatable. Pic related.

The counter to my argument was that so what; why do we need to have a hero character who doesn't really exist to give us hope, faith and belief in something better and greater. If you need a fake movie character for that then you clearly have bigger problems. While a legitimate argument on the surface it fails because as human beings I believe we have an ingrained ability to cling and identify with mythos dust to hero characters who while not real allow us to push ourselves forward, belief in the possibility of overcoming impossible odds and triumph.