Imperial General

Would you watch a slow paced, dark political drama revolving around the lives of imperial navy officers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9JLOcquqyJI
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Darth_Vader:_Dark_Lord_of_the_Sith
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Darth_Vader_(Marvel)
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_(Marvel_2015)
youtube.com/watch?v=-5YKLxWRXo4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. I want nothing more than a star wars movie from the perspective of the empire.

Not is it's made by disney.

Disney would NEVER allow such a thing

...and that dramatic ending plot-twist when they die in deathstar explosion

No, inevitably they'll defect because of muh atrocities.

Only if it would be like the first two seasons of House of Cards.

Not with Disney at the helm.

They'd turn the Imperials into some half-assed commentary on current events

The aesthetics would be similar to this. Lots of cold, sterile environments.

Yes, I would but Disney would never do something with quality.

>OMG the Empire is literally Drumpf
>Every Imperial officer is Chaotic Evil
Nah

If it wasn't made by Disney then yes.

I imagine Imperial space ships and space stations are intentionally cold and sterile. Between the clean white Stormtrooper armor, the neatly pressed officer uniforms, the highly polished surfaces and the fact that warships should be kept neat and tidy, it's fitting.

If the programme designers want contrast then they could have plenty of battle scenes in other varied environments.

Yes. Not everything set in the Star Wars universe has to be a swashbuckling epic. I'd love to see them play around with other genres.

Never ever gonna happen.

Only if it's shot on film

And no disney quips™

If I wrote some sort of novel like this and published it non-profit online, would any of you read it? I'd imagine I'd do a good job.

Space opera from the perspective of right-wing space Prussians? Not happening for the same reason live-action LotGH isn't happening.

>remember /tvpol/, atrocities are fine, we should try committing some in the future

based Thrawn when?

Yes, it'll be just like Der Untergang except they'll win this time.

How do you make Imperial general staff look appealing without making shit up?
They are and always were literal cardboard nazis.
Palpatine duped people into believing that Jedi and everyone else who disagrees with him is a jew and they have to be eliminated. Start the opening roll of A New Hope.

I'd definitely watch a drama about the lives of Imperial officers if it was written by Armando Iannucci and starred Peter Capaldi as an Admiral who reports directly to Vader.

This but unironically.

>2 hours of panicked and poorly informed officers worrying about how the next Vader inspection may be their death
>they all die anyway when their space station blows up, twice
>"interesting"

I know it will never happen but that doesn't mean I dont want it

Already present in the current "didney are rehneeng ster wers" canon - just watch Rebels or something.

if it's good I will make illustrations for you for free

Yes but wont happen.

Member Battlefront 2 campaign?

Mission 1 - You are empire special forces
Mission 2 - You defect and you are now Leias bodyguard

How did they turn the empire into some white supremacist thing?

>"Admiral, we've located the Rebel fleet and prepared a drone to hyperspace ram them and end this rebellion in one fell swoop with no casualties"
>"No commander! We have standards and laws. We must give them the chance to surrender. We must give them the chance to fight nobly. There is no bravery or honor in the use of a hyperspace ram."
>"Agreed sir. I will retrieve the hyperspace ram at once and set course for our armada to intercept the Rebels."
I wonder how people would react?

This

there is like 15 years to fill between episodes 3 and 4. Also it could be set between 5 and 6. Lots of years there too.

The galaxy is huge, the Emperor and Vader don't even have to be involved.

The empire has always been a human supremacist organization, not necessarily white. Its just in the movies they want them to be literal nazis.

How much did Lucas get for selling the soul of his franchise?

most of them are just doing their jobs who join up for patriotism and get corrupted by the system as they advance in rank. Sounds familiar?

because they realized rebels were terrorists so they had to justify their action by making empire literally nazi

Anti-establishment ideologies like fascism can't be portrayed as having any merciful or noble characteristics in the secular mythology of which Star Wars is a part. In the trash it would go.

Three words: Comics. And. Novels.
The current "lol SJw Disney wouldn't show Imperial perspective" canon has plenty stuff actually showing imperial perspective.

Less than 10% of what Star Wars is worth. 4 billion USD for a franchise worth 45 billion.

4 billion. Seems insanely cheap for star wars, wonder what kind of blackmail they had on george

Star Wars has always been World War 2 in space.

>Anti-establishment ideologies
>like fascism

>fascism
>merciful or noble characteristics

Haha, lol

Yeah but how are these aliens white?

youtube.com/watch?v=9JLOcquqyJI

These scenes were cut because they would have ruined the pacing of the tension, but it was clear Lucas at least originally didn't have a total black/white view.

the empire was always literally space nazis you idiot

Didn't notch get 4 billion for fucking autism craft?

Fascism is an intrensicly heroic political ideology. Although this isn't always the case, heroism is often demonstrated by acts of mercy or nobility.

so where is the jap faction?

1. Fascism is political ideology no longer in use by any modern state, and is considered taboo and evil by every mainstream political actor. If you think "fascism" still exists, consider yourself politically, and historically inept.

2. By "merciful, noble", it is meant that every historical instance of fascism extended mercy to enemies of that regime. Examples would be Imperial Japan sparing the lives of some high ranking American generals, and Hitler's honoring of his alliance with Mussolini even when it was not tactically useful to do so.

>mad men in space but with neurotic career navy men in an environment where some creepy sociopath in a black suit might choke you to death from across the room at any time
I'd watch

no
"only" 2

I think vader/emperor are there, looming as talking points, but I'd try to limit their direct appearances in the series.

>suicide bombs the executor
the rebels

fuck off

Only if it ends with them getting hyper space rammed by a Tumblrina

Yes but Disney can't be involved.

Before or after nuCanon has fucked them completely over with shit like automatic execution after three demerits?

Star Wars was always about moral dualism, but the prequel trilogy, despite it's faults, portrayed the republic as a decadent society ruled by a hated oligarchy that was doomed to be destroyed by Palpatine's Caesarism. This is why Disney's interpretation of the Empire as this universally hated regime that has to resort to slave soldiers, rather than citizens of historically imperial planets, seems out of place in the established universe.

>harsh punishments for failure somehow out of character for the Empire
I mean, the process being institutionalized rather than only carried out on Vader's or any Moff's whim took me by surprise too, but come on now.

would you watch Vietcong style Rogue One like it was supposed to be

proper R rated Star Wars with punji traps and chinese space AKs

>watch rogue one or any part with lots of empire stuff
>copy some of their mannerisms in real life

it helps that im british and probably autistic .

>muh Disney boogeyman
Disney has already published From a Certain Point of View, which details the perspective of numerous ANH characters, including Imperials, Lost Stars in which two of the three main character are loyal to the end, Aftermath in which one of the main characters is a staunch Imperial as well, Darth Vader comics, which show Sith/Imperial perspective almost exclusively...

>programme designers
What in the literal fuck sort of language is that?

Did I also forget Catalyst, or Tarkin? Of course I have.

You have to be one of the most mind-numbingly retarded posters I've ever seen.

British English. You know, real English.

>published
We are not talking books only Star Wars nerds read

I had no idea these existed. Mind. Blown. Thanks for posting, user.

Yeah, and I wouldn't put to it On the death star either like some people are saying. Just have it on some random star destroyer somewhere out in the boonies where the imperials have to interact with natives and all the shit around that

I don't know a single brit in this century that calls anyone a "programme designer". It's like how an alien trying to fit in would write, or a robot.

exactly, only very rarely would it get to the top senior level of the empire.

it would be stupid if they were like avoiding vader in the corridors.

yea but rebels thrawn is inept until end of s3 where he gets cheated out of an absolute victory by magic bullshit

Very good Cletus.

no, star wars is not for being serious guys

it's karma for his cheating in legends t b h
>*blocks ur force abilities*
>nothing personnel, jedi

it could be

no that sounds boring

I'd watch a series about Vader helping building the empire, consolidating his position of power, thwarting assassination attempts and getting revenge for them, and hunting jedi masters who are trying to start a rebellion

sounds like an advert, can you be less obvious you fucking shill

Without Peter Cushing? Eh, not really

yes

The Hunt for Red Leader

One of those posts aren't mine, and you must be one of those limp-wristed autists that get mad online when someone talks about fascism in a non-negative light. LMAO'ing at your life.

not anymore

sounds like pointing out that you guys are retarded and have no idea what you're talking about

one of the main plot points is a bunch of relatively normal dudes on both the imperial and republic side trying to conduct general matters of state amidst a holy war between magic using demi-gods.

i liked the way SWTOR framed the Jedi/Sith ideology as incompatible with organized government with imperial officials regarding them as a nuisance to be worked around more than anything else.

What does that acronym mean, faggot?

>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Darth_Vader:_Dark_Lord_of_the_Sith
takes place right after RotS, during the early days of the Empire

>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Darth_Vader_(Marvel)
takes place right after ANH, very much deals with consolidating his position, happens concurrently with the one below

>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_(Marvel_2015)

real human bean

youtube.com/watch?v=-5YKLxWRXo4
>British (((english)))

OP here. Cease turning my thread into this inane shit. Language is just communication , if the meaning is conveyed and understood, it is correct.

now fuck off and back to star wars

I seriously wish Sup Forums allowed me to edit shit, having to delete things only to re-submit corrected version is really tedious.

>"lefftenent"
what the fuck

>a gripping exposition on the horrors of war.. IN SPACE WITH LAZERS AND STARFIGHTERS AND SHIT FOR THE KIDS xD
star trek and galactica worked because they were more action and drama, a war movie would be a glib facsimile

A space drama set in an SSD would be entire human white males.

In canon, the Empire actually only discriminates against aliens. As long as you're human, your skin color and gender doesn't really mean much.
At the time of the Battle of Endor, the fleet's Vice-Admiral, and a second-in-command to Piett was a dark-skinned woman, Rae Sloane.

sure, you can remove the word white then.

>He talks about fascism in a positive light
>thinks everyone else around him isn't laughing
You have zero to no self-awareness, do you?

>there are positives to fascism
Imagine being this far gone, mentally.

>Admiral Tucker
plz yes

Pretty much.

Admiral Tucker trying to manage his subordinates and get shit done in order to not get Force choked for incompetence.