Was he right?

Its also shit so yes

>Bright
>Noted as one of the worst movies of 2017
>"could potentially be my Star Wars"
>Max Landis = Rapist
JUST

lol it's fucking red on metacritic. not even justice league was red

Watching it right now and its pretty solid. No surprise that critics are dog-piling on something that they weren't paid to certify fresh and isn't your standard oscar bait or capeshit.

Hello Max

Its legit a better flick than TLJ, so i assume Max's script was heavily rewritten at least ten times.

No. We are too splintered to every get another star wars.
Bright wasn't that bad though.
Saying his Star Wars just means his world, which is not that crazy.

Max should just accept that he is a shit writer already.

t. Disney Hitsquad

In the sense that he found a universe with a strong potential to develop for years, then yes.

How does he keep making movies?

SEriously how does this dude still have a job? Is (((nepotism))) that strong in Hollywood?

Go to bed max. You've got that court hearing in the morning.

>Is (((nepotism))) that strong in Hollywood?
Yes. It's the currency of the place.

His last name is landis.

>how does this dude still have a job
How many other contemporary writers can you name off the top of your head that aren't also directors?
I think just by virtue of being a landis, as well as having some kind of infamy on the internet means "A story from that guy you heard of!" which means it can be marketed.
I don't know, idle speculation.

Any writer that's not absolutely terrible will go on to direct as well.

>"A story from that guy you heard of!" which means it can be marketed.
They choose not to market screenwriters for the most part. Landis is marketed only as a result of nepotism.

GFYS Lax Mandis

>If made well
>If something is made well it may become popular

Duh no shit, it's wasn't made well.

>If made well
I think he's arrogant enough to actually be implying that the script is fantastic (i.e. like Star Wars), and it will be a profound moment for him if the director gets it right (i.e. if it's "made well"). Landis has a bad habit of blaming directors for his poor screenplays when things don't go well. He refuses to accept the fact that he's a bad writer who only got where he is through daddy.

Star Wars was a meme flick at best in it's time, so yeah I could totally see something like Bright get a cult following 20 years from now.

.t max
but he's right you know