What the fuck is a horror movie?

What the fuck is a horror movie?

>A movie that makes you care for the characters, root for them, and fear for them?

>A movie that unsettles you, makes you feel nervous, and has a strong sense of atmosphere?

>A "Haunted House" movie that jumps at you when you're not expecting it and gives you a good shock?

>A gore-fest where the characters are killed -- often one at a time -- in gruesome ways on full display for the audience?

What is "Horror"? What does it mean to be a HORROR movie? Does a Horror film need to be scary, creepy, unsettling, gross, gorey, or any combination of all of these things?

Should a Horror film have characters with relatable motives and personalities and a legitimate backstory that makes you care for and relate with them so when danger is looming, or should the characters be stupid and purposefully demonized so that they can be killed off gruesomely with impunity without any impact to the plot (if there is one) or the moral integrity of the viewer?

I want to know what Sup Forums thinks.

Which of these films are legitimate horror and which aren't:
>Nightmare on Elm Street
>Cube
>Paranormal Activity
>Blair Witch Project
>Event Horizon
>The Thing
>Evil Dead
>28 Days Later

Things like this are why Trump is not my president and he never will be.

Things like this are why Trump is my president and always will be.

based

Please go back to your containment board.

#metoo

They explore the darker sides of the human psyche. They expose us, push us into experiences that we don't ever want to face. All through a little glowing tv box

Please come to my board

but I'm already on Sup Forums??

WOW, I'm sure this won't be quietly retracted in a week, will it?

Horror is a movie that scares you.

If it's not scary then it's not a horror movie

#metoo

>/leftypol/ keeps making the same thread over and over

Uhm sweetie, no

no, since its a photoshoped screencapture from an article that doesnt exist that retards like you think is real

we already know you're a racist piece of shit, now fuck off

Drumpf is such an embarrassment

So what you're saying is that news reporting is so untrustworthy that people will buy things like this?

it's reading things like this that make voting for this man all the better it's like the gift that keeps on giving

go back nigger

>A movie that makes you care for the characters, root for them, and fear for them
how horrifying!

>M-muh racism

You're clearly the soyboy that needs to go back

Yeah well you have a disease. I went to your doctor and he gave me the report, you have a disease called AIDS!

Fake news

A lot of people don't want hatians or niggerians in the US

but it's based on things he actually thinks

>lefty retards shitting up the board

#MeToo

>According to people familiar with his thinking

Fucking think you're Charles Xavier, faggot?

nothing wrong with being racist
its part of nature