UH OH NO NO NO NO NO AHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

UH OH NO NO NO NO NO AHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Kj3opk1QFTM
youtube.com/watch?v=b9odYDqdrM8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When I become old, I'll buy slippers, a red bathrobe and a pipe and pretend to be Hugh Hefner

Why was he so fragile and in such pain?
Where did he learn to use the force so well?
What species is he, anyway?
Where was he during the OT?
How did the First Order start and how did he become its supreme leader?
How did he get to Kylo during his time as young Ben at Luke's temple?
Who is the "other apprentice"?

I love GOOOOOOOOLD

Um, sweetie? He's dead now so stop asking questions.

Why wasn't he able to read that Kylo would kill him instead of her?

Or perhaps he's wondering why Disney would introduce a mysterious character, before killing him off abruptly in the sequel.

youtu.be/Kj3opk1QFTM

Honestly, it wouldn't even bother me so much if I didn't feel like Rian just "dismissed" multiple things set up in EP7.

Like where did the knights of ren go for example?

Um, sweetums? Just turn your brains off.

>slippers

thank goodness, i wouldnt be able to tell what that was without the helpful text.

I am more relieved now we know he canonically wore slippers, very cool.

It was pretty clear they were playing it as Snoke only being able to read vague thoughts from Kylo. And since Kylo's method of killing Snoke was identical to the way he would have killed Rey it's not that much of a stretch.
The main problem is that would require Kylo to have insane levels of control over his emotions - when in TFA he was anything but emotionally stable

Those books are really helpful for a brainlet like me, they explain everything

snoke was a poo?

Why are anons saying oh no no no no?

please tell me this is a shoop.

By the way

>Kylo not only stems from a bloodline very powerful in the force, but has also spent his whole youth and teen years training his control over it
>Rey picked up a lightsaber and instantly matched Kylo's power

Damn... women are just naturally stronger.

Good news, I have bad news for you

Isn't the 'canon' explanation that Rey has all the light power in her to 'balance' Kylo out? I haven't seen the movie but I saw a couple anons talking about it.
It's absolutely laughable though and flies in the face of everything previously seen in Star Wars so I'm hoping it's not true.

They said the light side would rise to match the dark or something in the movie, yeah, but that seems kind of dumb.

It would mean the force auto-balances itself.

At least you can talk. Who was he?

>kylo uses taunts and psychological attacks.

It also makes Rey basically a Force parasite. No matter how much work Kylo puts into bettering himself, Rey will always automatically catch up with no effort required.
I'm sure someone smarter than me can figure out some political statement Disney is trying to make by this.

These questions will eventually be answered you moron. Like most backstory/lore stuff, it'll be most likely be covered in a novel.
When will Sup Forums stop with this "mommy, are we there yeeeet?" nonsense.

>deadly lightsaber skills
>defeated by a random girl who had never used a lightsaber before in her life because he mentioned the force and she closed her eyes and all of a sudden could beat him with ease.

AT LEAST YOU CAN TALK

No they just saw how people liked "Winning Smile" from the original and put a meme like that on every page. It's forced.

Oh, good. Would be a shame if they actually gave much needed exposure and answers in the movies themselves, I'd much rather buy some obscure novel to find out what happened to the knights of ren, who snoke is, how luke's saber got into maz' hands etc.

>because he mentioned the force
That was the part that pissed me off the most.
It came across more like she just then 'remembered' that she could use the force and suddenly it was easy for her.

>During the filming of Star Wars, Cushing was provided with a pair of boots far too small to accommodate the actor's size twelve feet. This caused a great deal of pain for him during shooting sessions, but the costume designers did not have enough time to get him another pair. As a result, he asked Lucas to film more close-up shots of him from the waist up and, after the director agreed, Cushing wore slippers during the scenes where his feet were not visible

POETRY

Just a reminder that Kylo was emotionally torn and distraught after killing his father didn't make him stronger like he thought it would, and injured by Chewbacca's bowcaster which was shown to fling armored people across the room.

Ok what about his clash with Rey after Snoke died?
Rey was equal with him when they pulled on the lightsaber in the air.

where is the wookiepedia entry about Grand Moff Tarkin's slipper then? Is it canon? Very cool.

>taunts and psychological attacks
>deadly lightsaber skills

>overly emotional faggot who swings his lightsaber with the finesse of an angry, roid addled chimp

It's pretty clear there was no communication between anyone involved in Disney Star Wars.

"No!"

What is he thinking right now?

>I want answers to these question. Even though they're just lore details that aren't actually crucial for the story, I want them, and I want them NOW
>But I can't be assed to actually do any research
Hmmn.

>Get a random Snoke fact hidden inside each and every Porg doll! Buy the whole set for the full story!

>REY IS ONLY GOOD BECAUSE OF A MAN

AAAAAHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THE FEMINIST HERO IS NOTHING WITHOUT A MAN DOING ALL THE WORK

hahahahahaahahaha

>I wish I was a monkey again

probably feeling similar to Mark but ten times less.

It's also one of the most common/annoying cliches.

>bad dude is beating the shit out of protagonist
>gloating or something because he has clearly won
>mentions something while gloating
>protagonist repeats that thing
>thing now allows them to kick bad guy's ass

also question, how does "the force" make you more skilled at fighting with a lightsaber? It's not like she force slammed or pushed him or used the force she just.. fought harder and better for whatever reason.

>aren't actually crucial for the story
The entire post-RotJ timeline makes literally no sense and is a total mess. If you don't consider the absolute basics of backstory to be crucial then what the fuck is?

>early into episode IX Rey builds herself a lightsaber, a better lightsaber than anyone else has ever built
>Luke appears as a force ghost
>"Rey... I see you have become one with the force. Truly, you are a stronger jedi than anyone else in the history of the galaxy. It's up to you to end the patriarchy of the First Order and stop Kylo Ren".

>final battle between Rey and Kylo
>Rey gets hit hard and just for a second it seems as though she won't be able to do it
>all the force ghosts of all past jedi, qui-gon, anakin, obi-wan, luke, yoda etc. appear behind her
>they all channel their force powers and fly into her lightsaber, powering it up, making it glow in rainbow colors
>Rey rushes towards Kylo shouting "The...force...is...FEMALE! I AM THE FORCE!" before decapitating him

>I wonder how much longer I can ride on my LOTR popularity

based, this turns the whole series around, I'm now a fan.

>Critics will rate this 100% on RT

>The entire post-RotJ timeline makes literally no sense and is a total mess.
It does. If you do your research.
If you don't, it just mean you don't really care about the lore anyways.

This series went from over explaining and expanding the lore through the EU to the point of autism, to a literally 1-inch-deep invincible Disney princess fairy tale in space that (1) disregards and disrespects the source material whenever possible in favor of "new" stories that are exactly like the old stories except updated with more leftist political talking points, and (2) begs you to just shut your brain off and don't think too hard about what's going on while watching in order to enjoy it. It's jarring as fuck.

hilarious how accurate this is

based Rian snuck some red meat into his soyburger

>all the force ghosts of all past jedi, qui-gon, anakin, obi-wan, luke, yoda etc. appear behind her
>they all channel their force powers and fly into her lightsaber, powering it up, making it glow in rainbow colors
What are you some kind of sexist? Saying Rey can only win with the help of wh*te males?
They will probably take a leaf out of Korra's book and find some way to 'kill' Force ghosts - cementing Rey's place as the ONLY Jedi left. Also serves to destroy/discredit Star Wars history as much as possible which is Disney's number 1 goal.

>"Rey... I see you have become one with the force. Truly, you are a stronger jedi than anyone else in the history of the galaxy. It's up to you to end the patriarchy of the First Order and stop Kylo Ren".
>Rey immediately uses her force powers to mortally wound Ghost Luke for mansplaining
>"t-thank you, Rey. I almost forgot that I too, was part of the patriarchy"
>Rey drags Anakin, Yoda, and Obi-Wan out of the ether to violently force kill them as well. Each thanking her for the privilege to be wiped from existence by her hand.

>When will Sup Forums stop with this "mommy, are we there yeeeet?" nonsense.
>tfw movies can't be good on their own anymore, they have to rely on yet another sequel / tons of novels and side content to make any sense

>pair of shoes gets more backstory than the villain wearing them

>also question, how does "the force" make you more skilled at fighting with a lightsaber?
>how does being psychic make you a better sword fighter
gee i dunno

>This series went from over explaining and expanding the lore through the EU
But none of you actually care to look up the explanations in the canon EU? Like, there's tons of new canon material that explains how the First Order came to be, how the New Republic operated and why it didn't do anything about the First Order's growing power, and how Leia came to create the Resistance as a result... Your entire point is based on how detailed the old EU was, while you ignore the details presented by the new one.

I hope we get the backstory of Han Solo's pants in his upcoming standalone movie.

>and why it didn't do anything about the First Order's growing power
Because some dumb bitch decided to disband the entire military so there would never be war again - allowing the First Order free reign to build a Death-Planet
Any time somebody praises the strong female characters in Disney Wars, be sure to remind them that all the bad things in the movies are caused directly by one retarded woman.

Movies are more about action than the worldbuilding. You should only expect the movie to tell you enough for the story (the story, not the setting's lore) to make sense. If you want details, you look to side materials. But the movie not having these details does not make the movie worse. In fact, bloating the movie with too much exposition and non-essential scenes would cause pacing issues, in a movie that was already 2 hours long.

who's emperor palpatine anyway?
Where did he learn to shoot lightning?
Why does he look like a burn victem?
How did Darth Vader defeat him by picking him up and throwing him down a well?

So why did Rey know everything about the Millennium Falcon, why was she a better pilot than anyone else and able to do absolutely ridiculous maneuvers with it right away?

>still got paid

HOW DO YOU GO FROM THIS

while the old EU filled in a lot of gaps in the lore, none of that was required reading to enjoy the movies. The new trilogy is apparently the opposite.

TO THIS

>You should only expect the movie to tell you enough for the story (the story, not the setting's lore) to make sense
you're right. tfa and tlj don't make any fucking sense. thanks for agreeing with me.

Nice try, but it's not the same. We didn't have knowledge about the universe before the OT, so he was "just there".

But with Snoke we DO know about the universe before ep7, hence why asking where he appeared from all of a sudden is a legitimate question.

I don't understand why this was brought up, his robe is so long you can't even see them. I was looking in all of his scenes

Are you really so dense as to not see how adding new shit to an existing franchise isn't the same as making a brand new one?
The Emperor not having huge amounts of backstory works fine, we know enough about the Empire that it doesn't matter.
Setting a new movie 30 years after the original in a galaxy that is completely changed from the one we knew DOES require explanation.

someone probably thought ''we've got to tell the autists he canonically have feets''

Not really. While the military was reduced, it wasn't disbanded entirely, and the New Republic still had a navy.

For fuck's sake, Poe was a member of the New Republic navy until he took a leave of absence to aid the Resistance, and he even brings that up in the movie. How could you possibly think that the New Republic had no fleet at all, while the New Republic fleet is brought up both in TFA and TLJ both?

Before the Hosnian system was blown up, the Senate DID have the power to stop the First Order - it just didn't use it, because it didn't consider the First Order to be a significant threat.

That's exactly what I meant by folks not doing their research.

>... this is actually a concept from legends
>pic related, sith assassins bred by war and trained in the academy of Malachor V, they see their prey through the force and grow proportionally stronger as their prey is stronger in the force
>pic related also used metal staffs

Pottery

They wanted to save on money, so they just hired Peter Capaldi.

Wasn't anyone else bugged by the scene in TFA where they went all "wait... the legends are true? jedi did exist?" after mentioning skywalker himself beforehand?

I never got that. Clearly they knew about Luke Skywalker, the jedi, rebels vs the empire etc, but then they ask about it afterwards.

>The originals were the originals, therefore sequels aren't allowed to have mysteries.
Brainlet logic, and you know it.

>How did Darth Vader defeat him by picking him up and throwing him down a well?
You answered your own question. He defeated him by throwing him down a hole.

It was 90% of the fleet but my point is still completely valid, stop being such a fag

Great job completely failing at reading comprehension.
Given your IQ it's no surprise you'd defend TLJ.

The Universe is a big place. People don't even think the Death Star really existed.

A sith lord disguised as a senator
Dark side
Windu
He can't float so he fell to death

Sheev was based off Nixon
It would have been interesting if they made Snoke and evil Hugh Hefner

Then how come they knew about THE Millennium Falcon?

>better robe design
>creepy alien look with marble white skin
>even the eyes look inhumanly dark
Why didn't they use this? It actually looks spooky and the robes look more majestic. Heck left image would have been infinitely more interesting than what we ended up with.

(Me)
It is a legitimate question alright, one that will be answered at a later date. You don't need the answer right away.

>A sith lord disguised as a senator
>Windu
We didn't know any of that before the prequels, gfor which we had to wait 30 years, so you just proved that user's point.

I'm increasingly surprised they didn't given the politics in play in the movie.

Like he just has tons of space bitches hanging off him at all times? Sounds legit. And it would only help the feminist narrative if your villain is a chauvinist.

Time covers a lot of shit, user. Plus, the Empire are no doubt hiding that.

Nice try faggot, but Sheev was built up in ANH and ESB and his appearance and death were the climax of the series, not some throwaway moment in the second movie.

Bro just make prequels to the sequels. oh wait

Rian "continuity is misogyny" Johnson

The only way to make this mouse trilogy interesting at this point is if Rey becomes evil and dark side and Kylo good and light side

But that won't happen. Women are perfect and Rey will become the most powerful jedi in history.

What is this UH OH NO AHAHAH shit?

Like the questions TFA had that SURLEY were answered in the sequel... oh wait.

black twitter did a funny thing two years ago, and now two years later pasty white boys on Sup Forums act like they discovered the best fucking thing ever

youtube.com/watch?v=b9odYDqdrM8