>The Outlaw Josey Wales

Man with no name trilogy
High Plains Drifter
Pale Rider
Tombstone
Unforgiven
Outlaw Josey Wales
3:10 to Yuma

My dad didn't like John Wayne, so I don't know if they're any good or not.

This.

I watched Tombstone and I honestly don't get the big deal.
It's so fucking cheesy and corny that I can't take it seriously. Sure, Val and Kurt are decent enough but everything else just sucks and is either boring or downright terrible, ridden with plotholes.

the man who shot liberty valance

The Searchers

Shane

this

Not the best by any stretch of the imagination but The Good, The Bad, and the Weird was surprisingly fun.

I always thought pic related would make a great movie.

>Drunk bounty hunter telling stories of how he single handedly took down all the famous cowboys of the time
>not sure how much (if any) of it is true

For a Few Dollars More > TGTBTU

Bingo

Much too slow and boring.

Correct.

why is Eastwood so based

he was from a different era where men were allowed to be men and soy was only used to feed cattle

>dat fucking soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=m6BQKFs3-VM
when it started, I knew I was watching real western kino

The Hateful Eight
youtube.com/watch?v=PTwWp6VMNGs

Open Range and True Grit are the best modern westerns

no

BIG

how can we achieve this once more

The Searchers or Red River

Undeniably pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=0JPnR7C8mZQ

what do you guys think about Duck You Sucker!

A Bullet For The General is a truly badass spaghetti western, so is Face To Face

A Pistol For Ringo is pretty much the same movie as Die Hard but a western, Kill Bill is a bit of a remake of Death Rides A Horse straight down to some visual cues and music

Spaghetti westerns fucking rule

damn these are some great recommendations, thanks.

lee van cleef is the man

Absolutely no

this is why we need gun control

A couple great movies directed by Sergio Corbucci: Django (the original) the Great silence

The Proposition is probably the best non-American one.

>Shane
yup

Red River

Lonesome Dove

Thanks for reminding me about this. Cave is goat

>non-American western

Bone Tomahawk

I can't not say TGTBTU. It's just so good. sure "For a few Dollars More" is Criminally underrated, as is most spaghetti westerns, but TGTBTU is just one of the few perfect films out there.

Haven't seen it in a while, but I remember enjoying it quite a bit. I found that it dragged on in some parts. In my opinion it is probably on the lower end of leone's movies mostly because, his other movies are more focused and did what they set out to do better than Duck you sucker!. for example, action was done much better in TGTBTU/OUATIW, while Once upon a time in America was a significantly better drama film. Duck you Sucker! just seems like it tried to do both drama and action, and failed to reach the levels of most of his other movies. Regardless it's still a fucking good movie.

>Space Western

what was with that magnificent seven remake

ennio morricone made best western soundtracks

Bulletproof vest! Great flick! Great frickin' flick! The guy is brilliant!

Based answer

*flips your genre*

If not the greatest of all time, easily the greatest of the past 20 years.

Yeah, this.

Django is Probly my favorite

Once upon a time in the west is Probly the best western.

Ballad of Cable Hogue is another one I really like

The wild bunch is really up there too

Pleb flicks so far.

>My Darling Clementine
>Johnny Guitar
>Day of the Outlaw
>Antonio das Mortes
>The Big Trail
>Ride the High Country

Almost forgot about Four of the Apocalypse really liked that one too. But I guess I like anything Lucio Fulci did

Who would win?

easy

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Searchers
Once upon a time in the West

open range is criminally underrated. i thought it was some pastoral romance bs and its heat in the old west.

Red Dawn the US, demonstrate the value of firearms, expose liberals to real violence so they know firsthand that likening a controversial conversation to a fistfight is bullshit, create an environment that fosters success based on strong leadership and introducing rewarding manual labor back onto the populace.

At this point that's literally the only cure for this plague of 'Everyone needs to think like me' currently infesting our culture.

Lets be serious here for a moment

Is there any and I mean ANY western character with a higher power level than Gene Hackman in The Quick And The Dead?

Gene Hackman in Unforgiven.

Well then shouldn't you say Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven?

>see you in hell william munny
>yeah...
That was kino as fuck

Doc Holiday

Great thread guys, torrenting all of these. I only recently got into Westerns, specifically the dollars trilogy. Eastwood is a fucking god.

His son in Diablo was actually pretty good as well, it got god awful reviews but I really liked it, maybe I'm a pleb.

t. pleb

The ones not made in the USA, ironicaly

Stagecoach is better

I can live with that. My father always loved them but I thought they were lame as fuck, but now we're both adults, watching them back with him is fucking awesome, best father son movies ever.

>lee van cleef is the man
go check out Day Of Anger

he absolutely bosses the fuck out of everybody for most of the film and opens a champagne bottle in the most nonchalantly badassed way

Duck, You Sucker!

Genes power level was higher in Unforgiven than than Gene in the QatD but not enough for based Clint.

Lol no that movie sucked total snooze fest

he didn't do anything aside from beating up an old man and capturing a negroe IIRC, that's nothing compared to Quick Gene

True Grit.

which one

reminder that westerns are the superhero movies of the last century and they were as bad

Reminder that westerns were not as bad as superhero movies

He seemed more omnipotent in unforgiven to me, I like to think like he ruled that town because of the fear he had instilled in the outlaws due to his reputation.

Once Upon a Time in Mexico

I feel like he was probably a good gunman, but most of the the reason the town feared him was because he was a good bullshitter, Quick Gene was easily besting very talented gunmen without a sweat

when superhero movies get their John Ford, Howard Hawks, Sergio Leone, etc., come back and say shit

kys

bryan singer,Chris nolan, sam raimi . your argument is invalid

not even close, westerns are good

You are either baiting for you's or you are literally retarded

Probably has the most beautiful theme song (and ending) ever. Not as perfect as OUATITW but ridiculously potent.

Once Upon a Time in Mexico isn't kino but it's still better than half of the shit in this thread. kysys

ok keep telling yourself that

dude of course. that script is so fuckin tight.

>dude

>any of those
>remotely comparable to Leone
Kys friend

So has anyone watched this yet? Thoughts?

I like the Searchers but I think I like newer westerns like, The Unforgiven, The Quick and The Dead, and 310 to Yuma better. Does that make me a bad person?

el topo was a nice break after going through all the leone ones.

No. With western we actually got some films that transcended the genre which will never happen with capeshit.

Plus with westerns a no name director could make a name for himself because of the budget. Its opposite with capeshit where the budget is so high that its a comitee filmmaking and the director is simply someone who plays by their rules.

Quick and the Dead is poop

Quick and the Dead is entertaining. The only thing wrong with it is that Eddy Money outta Missouri, the coldest bastard that ever lived, that killed women and children, isn't in it.

Here's a few of my favorites off the top of my head

mccabe and mrs miller
the ox bow incident
butch cassidy and the sundance kid
the wild bunch
the big country
duel in the sun
red river

and soem stuff that was already posted itt

Anyone heard about Let the Corpses Tan? It's a French film that from the trailer appears to be inspired by the spaghetti westerns of old.

youtube.com/watch?v=J3zeDRBf85s

is this the most underrated morricone theme?

Westerns are boring trash and always the same story.
At least Django Unchained was entertaining.