WHY DIDN'T HOLDO TELL ANYONE ABOUT HER PLAN!?

WHY DIDN'T HOLDO TELL ANYONE ABOUT HER PLAN!?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot_plot
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bad writing

She didn't have one. She let her personal malice against Poe get in the way of her duty. I knew all the spoilers going in, but I had to see it executed. Wow. If it weren't for all the other people in the theater, I would have been screaming at the screen.

WELL CONGRATULATIONS
You didn't tell anyone. What's the next step of your master plan?

Because Poe was oppressing her, shitlord

A good question, for another time.

terrible writing

she was afraid they would laugh at it

AND WHAT WAS THE NEXT STEP ON HER MASTER PLAN?

Forced tension. I actually unironically liked the character before the reveal.

It was retarded, NOBODY told them the plan it made no fucking sense. Leia didn't, purple SJW didn't.
This was easily the worst star wars movie I ever seen besides 2.

A bad leader with worse writing

>makes that exact face
>"Uhh, because you're a WHITE-ISH MALE and I don't owe you shit. How's that for an explanation, sweetie?"

Crashing this cruiser, with no survivors!

I saw most of TLJ again tonight; I made it to the lightsaber fight and then I walked out. But yeah, Holdo gives absolutely no good reason for what she's doing. Poe literally screams to everyone around her that SHE IS GOING TO GET THEM KILLED and she does nothing to correct him!

And of course the kicker is that then Rian has Leia fucking lecture Poe (and by extension, the audience) for doubting Holdo!

What was her plan exactly? I didn't quite catch it

I would unironically fuck the shit out of this skinny old skeleton

BECAUSE IT'S A MILITARY YOU STUPID FUCK

literally this

if they had instead went with she was either a traitor or suspected there was a spy in the fleet not only would it have saved on costs by cutting time and production design of an entirely unnecessary planet but it would have also fleshed out the characters more as they hunt for a traitor within their own ranks

they were too dumb to understand it's complexity

To crash the starship with no survivors. She stayed behind to pilot the ship because they expected to find a body in the wreckage.

>The characters bring a new layer of complexity
>(C) Lucasfilm

Could have been as easy as this:
H: "There's a planet nearby we can mount a defense from."
P: "M'am, that's a good idea. But what about all the firepower the First Order has? They could just bombard us from orbit."
H: "I've already got that figured out. But if your plan with Finn and Rose works, then it'll save us all a trip."

That's it. All they had to say it "we just need to buy some time or we fight from the mine"

>"Uhh, because you're a WHITE-ISH MALE and I don't owe you shit. How's that for an explanation, sweetie?"
That is why the franchise and your company will fail mouse.

To run away for the better part of 24 hours and then for everybody to escape on the transports, which would sneak past the star destroyers using cloaking devices and land on the conveniently not-mentioned-until-required-by-the-plot planet (that just happened to be an abandoned rebel base) nearby. How Poe could not have come to this obvious conclusion beats me.

FUCK THIS DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SAUCE ON A LEGIT CAM?

Is anyone else bothered by the fact they put a literal halo around head?

>First Order will totally not see those spaceships leaving this gigantic spaceship

Who wrote this shit?

> Be me
> Be a soldier in the resisty
> "What are my orders? sir!"
> "If you don't know I'm not going to tell you"
> Currently getting my shit pushed in in space jail

that part they actually addressed, they were going to use cloaking tech, but The Collector revealed that to the First Order for some quick cash and a pardon

I only just noticed and now I'm mad

that's literally how the military works you retard, the people at the top don't tell the underlings about the plan, google OPSEC

So they could have a TOTALLY EPIC moment where she """redeems""" herself by kamikazeing the ship and proving LE FORCE IS FEMALE FLYBOY SHITLORDS

Why can't they use the cloaking device for the whole ship to not get caught in the first place. Why not escape earlier, like before the FO even close in on them? It's not like transport ship doesn't have FTL tech because pretty much every space vessel has one. Why wait until they get close to an inhabitable planet before going out of the transport and allow the FO to easily pinpoint the nearest inhabitable planet after chasing them all the way there anyway. Why risk the chase at all, what happens if they can't outrun the FO.

this bitch looks and acts like my mom with purple hair

Crashing this plane
WITH NO SURVIVORS!

The first order did nothing wrong.

A bad script
/thread

The FO has some sort of tracking device that can work through hyperspace. The rebels initially tried to flee with FTL tech, but the FO caught up.
The FO also has scanners that can detect cloaked shit, so while the transports can flee the big ship relatively undetected, the big ship cannot just suddenly cloak.
The answer to most of your questions is because somebody clearly wrote this movie at 3am the day before the script was due.

fucking checked

The cloaking tech only worked if the anti-cloak scanners weren’t switched on?

Why would the FO not have their anti-cloak scanners on - they immediately switched them on after - and why would the #resistance know that the FO wouldn’t be scanning? Very contrived

checked

>Question the plan at your peril....uhh any questions?

I know we meme because of her tumblr hair but she was easily the least annoying new character introduced in Nu-wars, I'd rather watch a movie about Holdo than fucking Rey or Finn or Rose, speaking of which, why was Rose suddenly important after they came back to the rebel base and gets to fly a speeder? She's just a fucking technician.

You shit-eating mongoloid
When there's only a few hundred core resistance fighters left and the current situation appears to the common soldier to be suicidal, it's absolutely imperative to explain, even in the vaguest, most basic-gestalt terms, what the fuck the plan is. You actual fucking faggot. There's a big fat world of difference between, say, commanding hundreds of thousands on the front lines of WW2 and not needing to tell every tom, dick, and harry your ever intention, and commanding what amounts to a battalion and not telling your inferiors that you ACTUALLY DO have a plan as their morale deteriorates before your eyes.

We're not given any reason in the film to believe she's a talented or even competent commander worthy of the respect and loyalty of her subordinates, all we see is that she's a petty cunt who turns what should be a basic disciplinary matter into a passive-aggressive, estrogen-fueled bitchstreak that leads to an incredibly-preventable mutiny.

Yea the whole plan sound really stupid. If they had stocked up on supplies and oxygen, they could have escape with cloaked transported earlier to an asteroid field or something and lay low for a while then FTL away later after FO stopped searching. It’s stupid to keep the chase going to an inhabitable planet then escape. Inhabitable planets aren’t exactly close to each other. It’s take an extremely long time to go from one to another without FTL. NO can just search the obvious inhabitable planet in case any of them escape to there and find them.

She was withholding hit from Poe because she knew he would rage about it and fuck something up, or he would take the ship (which he did when he found out). So many guys on here say this is the worst star wars movie but dont even get whats going on.

*It

If you think only 10% of the crew gets told the plan of escape in an emergency on ANY ship, let alone a professional Navy, you have a very poor concept of reality in this regard.

>Alright everyone we are sinking, I need the department heads and the department heads only in the Captain's quarters so I can tell them where the closest land mass is and where ship wrecked officers will be rondevouing. Everyone else, get fucked losers, you can thank that one fly boy for this.

Does anyone have any non-Pol criticisms of the movie? It was a fun romp, sure it had a few minor problems but I'd definitely rank it in the top 3 Star Wars films. Just because a film features strong female characters doesn't make it bad, I'd recommend letting go of you're preconceived notions and just enjoying the film. I've actually spoken to a few people who didn't like it at first but on seeing it a second or third time grew to actually love it

That doesn't even make sense. Poe was good at getting shit done for Leia. Her running a blackout on Poe was inexcusable. Maybe a rewrite ago, it made sense, but the current cut, it was bad decisionmaking/leadership

shit test

The writer who made the character is a tumblerina. I'm sure she didn't make her modelled after mercy from overwatch at all...

>Adult audience members struggle to understand the behavior of characters in a kid's movie
>"its just too deep for you, brah. you should be paying more attention!"
I think the real answer is Disney wasn't expecting anyone to notice. The target demographic is 8 year olds.

>"If it weren't for all the other peoole"
Thanks for not being an autistic clapper, user

cause the purple haired morons plan would have worked if she told popo. Then fin and rose wouldnt have rescued del toro and her plan could have worked. But since only like handful of people surivied she lucked out and got to fly a suicide mission.

>duhhrrr are there any non-pol complaints???????
Are you a retard? 99% of the complaints have to do with character assassination, plot holes, plot assassinations, universe ruining, etc.

This. The Sup Forums shit is literally a non-issue to anyone with a functioning brain.

but when Poe finally learned what the plan was he was ok with it

>H: yo Po, Finn and Ling Ling, you don’t need to put your lives in danger by sneaking onto the giant death ship and disabling the tracker, I have a plan (explains plan)
>P: oh ok cool

That easy
Another thing that bother me was the fact that Finn and Ling Ling somehow knew of the plan while on the First Order ship. How’d they find out? And if the did find out, why keep trying to disable the tracker? And they told DJ because he totally needed to know. Yep, tell the sketchy motherfucker who only cares about money about your secret little plan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot_plot

sweetieposting gets me hard as a fucking rock

They found out because Poe told them over open comms, and when Poe told them DJ was listening, which was how he knew what their plans were when he handed them over to the First Order for a payoff

>character assassination
aka, male characters shown to be fallible
>plot holes
it's a fantasy
>universe ruining
the universe is ruined but sure thats not because it's no longer lily white male that's just a coincedence

This
You have a janitor posted up on guard to escape pods because YOUR COMMANDING OFFICER IS TOO EGOCENTRIC TO LET ANY INFORMATION ON THE PLAN FOR SURVIVAL ESCAPE TO THE FLY BOY WHO HAD THE AUDACITY TO ASK WHAT THE PLAN WAS BECAUSE... BECAUSE... BECAUSE IT WOULD RUIN HER PERFECTLY PLANNED AND PURELY PURPOSELESS MARTYR ATTEMPT. THATS WHY, YOU MISOGYNIST RAPISTS!

Luke does literally nothing but fuck up in the original trilogy, the point is he never gives up and always has hope

we rejoin luke to see he has given up to the highest degree and lost anything even resembling optimism

Aliens features one of the strongest female characters ever written. It's also one of the greatest sci find movies ever made. This film does not have strong female characters, it has farcical ones that make no sense. You should contemplate fucking kill yourself

ITT: plans men don't understand

Have you ever asked a woman "What is wrong?" and she replies "Nothing". It's kinda like that.

Im sure she told General Noseface, shes the only one who really matters anyway.

Impressive, very nice.

>Ladies and gentlemen, this is your pilot from American airlines flight 135. We are going to be crash landing. As you know, flying from LAX to Sydney, we are somewhere over the Pacific, but only stewardess Stacy and the first row of couch can come into the Captain's cabin to see where the closest islands are going to be from our crash site, everyone else, you should have paid attention in geography, dummies. You can thank the "fly boy" in 27e for this because he had the audacity to casually ask what I would do in the event of a crash on this flight.

Reminder that the "fuck men" is not in the original video and it's only there so you can rage and give (You)s like a good puppet

t. never served

BECUZ LE GURRRL POWERRRR
YASSS QWEEN SLAYYYY

>women try to make a scene where they save the day from the silly men
>they caused the entire mess
>they still think they're the hero

It's so fucking accurate and true to life there's a magic behind it

No, it's not, it's a loosely militarized insurgency.

Can you name a worse character in all of fiction since the original Beowulf manuscript?

marey sue

No it's not you fucking retard. One of the principles of leadership is to keep your subordinates informed. Another military principle is that of intent. You always give your intent, main effort, scheme of manoeuvre, and end state, so that the plan can go ahead even if you are killed, or an opportunity for exploitation presents itself.

This is how feminists think. They think authority is just "you do what I say, without question on your part, and without reason on mine".
They think men get power just because they're men, not because they proved over and over again that they were leadership material and of good judgement and character.

Literally the only reason a sane and cognizant leader like Leia should have put her in charge was because she used Force Prescience and saw that the dumb pink-haired bitch was going self-nuke and take some FO ships with her, and have the best survivor outcome despite everything.
(ie: all other options were even worse)

You are an actual stupid person aren't you?

>Be captain
>Some reckless X-Wing pilot who just got demoted starts rambling about stuff
Do you
>put him in his place
>fully explain the plan for no reason other than pleasing some low IQ autist in the audience

never going to watch this shit what was her plan?

Can we just agree that if you allow circumstances to happen which lead to a mutinee on your own ship, that you have failed as a leader?

Could not get past the fact she looks like laura dern with purple hair. I just fing imdb her it is laura dern. wtf.

>It was a fun romp

That's putting it lightly my friend, it was absolutely #Litty as FUCK!!!!!

Seriously though, the tendency to always go for the, "y-you just can't handle strong female characters" line is what kills me. The fact that there are female characters driving the story isn't the problem. It's the fact that they are all so poorly written that, if I didn't know any better, I would think that the movie is parodying feminism rather than celebrating it, as the recent """""news""""" articles and """""reviews""""" proclaim.

Just turn and FTL into the enemy ship. Sacrifice the capital ship while the rest of the resistance escapes on transports

But she does it in the most incompetent way possible. She just acts like a retard when the silly white boi is asking what the plan is, allows a mutinee to take place on her ship, just utterly incompentent

It's meant to be played off like a heroic moment, like the woman had a plan all along and the bois were dumb for not trusting her, but it's done so badly, she just comes across incompetent. it's so bad it makes me happy.

good post

ATTHISPOINTWHATDIFFERENCEDOESITMAKE?!

Didn't Finne explain before that destroying the ship wouldn't work because they would still need to disable the tracking device or other ships would trace them? Although the ships were conveniently aligned and Holdo destroyed them all.
Why didn't the small ships hyperspace to different places? I don't get it.

The plan was to dump the entire Resistance into a hole and hope the First Order doesn't notice even though they're right behind her and then explode.
It was a brilliant plan that could only be ruined by letting other people know what it actually was.

She probably told the higher ups and not the guy who just proved himself to not listen to orders and do impulsive things.

It was boring. It felt as if they took ESB and said how to make it fresh while doing almost the same thing. The First order are children pretending to be their parents (the empire), the rebels are cardboard cutouts, except for finn, and the rey until the parents lineage was dropped, which could have been a good 20-30 of actual self discovery for her character or an actual film in itself. The worst part is I did not pay to watch it but I felt my time was wasted.