Apologize

He's going to wake up every day for the rest of his life knowing he's the one who killed the magic behind one of the most beloved franchises on the planet

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/7lolan/finally_saw_tlj_last_night_and/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hmm salt

Doesn't care. He is that Disney cunts willing slave.

Fuck him. He put a paycheck over creativity and good storytelling. He tried to EoE the Star Wars mythos, and he even fucked THAT up by being a pussy and not going far enough.

the fucker deserves so so SO much worse

>He's going to wake up every day for the rest of his life knowing he's the one who killed the magic behind one of the most beloved franchises on the planet
Good. If I have to live with this awful movie, so should he.

why didnt he make chewie fart really loud to scare the porgs away?

imagine being an up-and-coming director being given the opportunity to work on a blockbuster franchise beloved by millions.
imagine screwing it up so bad you wind up turning off the same fans of the franchise and irrevocably destroying any future the franchise had at growing and expanding its fanbase

He did it on purpose...have you even seen the movie?

Of course he cares, you can jsut tell he thought he was being so clever with his creative decisions and ebin twists. He's literally been explaining all the complaints people had with the movie.

>manlet soyboy
I mean what did you expect from him?

Good. Star Wars needs to die and Disney with it.

People "get" his twists. It he is just unwilling to accept that people think they're shit

Can you imagine working with Mark Hamill every day for over a month, and every day listen to Mark tell you that your script is untrue to the Luke Skywalker character and will fundamentally undermine the film and the franchise, and still be so confident in your work that you disregard his input and still film all those scenes?

Can you imagine directing Mark Hamill in his final scene, knowing that it's actually his death scene, without telling him? The man who kept the secret of Luke's parentage?

How the fuck is he almost 50 years old? He looks like a fucking 10 year old.

He made me appreciate Abrams a lot more

Maybe he's just a massive fanboy of the prequel trilogy so he wanted to make them look cohesive and well made by making the absolute shitshow of a movie as a direct comparison.

Congratulations. Now what's the next step in your master plan?
>>Crashing this franchise... with no survivors.

He's only 44 and he's very fat and obviously has a lot of estrogen in him.

He's been taking Kennedy's force female supplements

I am just so baffled by how he had so much to work with, but just said, "Fuck it, I'll burn it all down!" He had fucking Luke Skywalker to work with, and not only did he make Luke do nothing, he outright assassinated the character literally and metaphorically. He had Rey being trained by Luke, her parentage, and her being tempted by Ren and The Dark Side, and he said, "Nah, fuck all that." She spends over 90 minutes on an island with Luke NOT being trained, leaves and shows that she didn't need training anyway, because she can beat anybody in a swordfight despite having zero training with a sword. Snoke is also dead, leaving Kylo Ren--whom Rey defeated already--as the big bad.

He filled the rest of the movie with shitty side plots that either served no purpose or were actively detrimental to the heroes.

I used to like Rian Johnson; "Ozymandias" is a masterpiece and the first half of "Looper" is great. But this dumbass had way too much creative control with this movie.

>He's going to wake up every day for the rest of his life knowing he's the one who killed the magic behind one of the most beloved franchises on the planet

George "Midichlorians" Lucas already did that

This is our fault for complaining about how TFA was too predictable

Lucas can now have a friend at least.
There's always a silver lining.
...But Lucas first has to wean him off the soy.

Since when do they listen to fan criticism that doesn't affect box office returns? I complained that the setting made no sense, and they did fuck all to expand on that besides "lmao military industrial complex".

That's right, never complain about or criticise a bad movie again! If his response to any criticism is "Well fuck you, I'll show you how wrong you are by intentionally making it the opposite of what you didn't like turned up to 11!" then he's simply a bad director/writer.

TLJ was better than TFA at least.
And Looper is better than any movie JJ Abrams has ever done.
Kinda excited to see what he does next

Wrong on both account. TFA will be remembered much more fondly than TLJ a decade from now

Only because of
>omg look muh leniumm fuhlkan
>OLD HAN SULU :DD
Movie is fucking garbage dude. At least TLJ had a couple interesting scenes.

TFA for as formulaic as it is, set up some possibly interesting plot points, and generally set the trilogy on a path that could turn into something good, even if the movie itself was meh. TLJ severed all those plotpoints, and replaced it with fuck all, it shat all over one of the most iconic heroes in all of movies (Han's death on the other hand actually pushed the plot forward and at least MEANT something) and to top it all off TLJ has destroyed any and all hype for the final movie, and has set it up to be a cluster fuck of half assing conflicts in the first half then solving them in the second half which is suspenseless and anti-climactic.

The Last Jedi is a more interesting movie, but it falls apart upon scrutiny. It takes more controversial directions, but those directions are fucking stupid. The Force Awakens played it safe to the point that it was boring and forgettable, but The Last Jedi tried to be controversial and fell flat on its face.

I liked the movie overall, but the plotholes, contrivances, and pointless plotlines are impossible to ignore.

Wrong. No one will remember this entire series.
TFA was the reset to build up the series, so it was just the set up, but then it just died. IX is the autopsy, just like episode III.

I'm going to use the force to make a prediction:
This series is down the drain. The Johnson series will also tank because his confidence will be shattered by this experience.
The Star Wars stand alone's will obviously circle the drain too. That is until Disney starts to bleed money...

AND THEN

WHEN STAR WARS IS PRONOUNCED DEAD, Disney will give some small directors the SW clusterfuck with minimal TV budgets:

AND THEN WE WILL GET THE FIRST TRUE NEW STAR WARS FILM.
AND WE WILL REJOICE

>imagine screwing it up so bad you wind up turning off the same fans of the franchise
Good. It’s time for neckbeard manchildren to move on from Star Wars. I’m glad if this movie served as the impetus to finally do so.

>leaving Kylo Ren--whom Rey defeated already--as the big bad.

This right here is what is going to kill the next movie. We already know she can beat him with no training there is no drama in the rematch.

Exactly. The first two are not good movies by any stretch, but they still have sparks of wonder here and there that make the galaxy feel larger and whole. Last Jedi is just a somber experience.

Not only do we know that she can kick his ass--he actually needed her to save him against Snoke's guards at one point--but she has zero possibility of ever turning to the Dark Side, so no internal struggle with the hero will happen. The Last Jedi combined Empire and Return into one movie, so the next movie has nothing to work with. It also teased at completely overhauling the good vs evil/Sith vs Jedi tropes, but then continued to follow them anyway.

>It also teased at completely overhauling the good vs evil/Sith vs Jedi tropes, but then continued to follow them anyway.
This is what bothered me the most. Sure, kill off Snoke and shit on Luke so you can have your message of "let the past die", but actually commit to it instead of lolnope.jpg just because you can't write anything else besides Sith vs Jedi.

Killing the Sith and Jedi and forging their own with the Force is literally the message that the movie was trying to push. Why didn't they do it. Why are they pushing that message but sticking wholeheartedly to Empire versus Rebels. That's pure hypocrisy. Kill the Past only refers to the characters it seems.

When RLM discussed how Rey could have accepted Kylo's offer without him suggesting to her that as their first act they proceed to kill her friends, I thought: Holy shit 20 minutes of discussion between fans shit out a better twist than anything the whole Disney company can come up with in two years.

RLM also put it out there: if they dont have Empire vs Rebels, you don't have a movie or you have one that's too smart for the core of what people like about Star Wars.

Before AngryJoe took the Mouse Cock, he said it best: They're trying to have it both ways.

They take every potential diversion from expectations but then go back to what people are familiar with

id shake his hand and give him a medal for making this board cry and realize that this horse has been dead for a long time

but user, YOU'll still be there lapping up this shit, so they clearly haven't moved on

But TLJ was just as predictable in the opposite ways.

People are expecting a twist. To be fair, we're expecting specific twists because of fan discussion.

HOWEVER, the issue comes that the only way they could think to tak ethe story is to do the opposite of what people expected. They kept the same essential story construction, but they condensed Empire and ROTJ into a single movie, and inverted all the big plot twists that are meaningless while keeping all the plot conventions that are expected.

We still have Empire vs Rebels, we still have Light Side vs Dark Side. We still have Rey-Kylo romance type shit going on. But Snoke is dead, so Kylo is the big-bad but he's still leading the Empire so the essential conflict is still present. Rey's background was revealed but it never actually had any baring on the direction the story took UNLESS SHE DID TAKE KYLO'S OFFER, IN WHICH CASE IT MAKES SENSE BECAUSE SHE WANTS SOMEWHERE TO BELONG

They inverted all the meaningless expectations and kept all the predictable ones that they need to make mroe movies

Why are people doing second reviews on YouTube?

star wars is creatively bankrupt because its host to the most intellectually basic fanbase

what motivation could there possibly be

It's time for the Jedi...

To end.

>He's going to wake up every day for the rest of his life

What a strange prediction to commit to.

The Mouse rules this fuckin house.

>only 44
Like you're ONLY a retard

The director who trolled the world for real.

So does this mean no Plinkett teardown of TLJ?

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/7lolan/finally_saw_tlj_last_night_and/

Skim the comments past the first couple

Is it just me or are there tons of just fake, bot comments? They all follow the same format, have the same talking points, and talk in the same somewhat bizarre way

Am I a paranoid fuck or are they putting money into a PR campaign to keep this shit afloat? I know there's going to be people who just like the movie, but read these comments. Something just seems off.

Not any more, kek, lmao, lol.

The Man Who Trolled The World

>WHEN STAR WARS IS PRONOUNCED DEAD, Disney will give some small directors the SW clusterfuck with minimal TV budgets:
>AND THEN WE WILL GET THE FIRST TRUE NEW STAR WARS FILM.
>AND WE WILL REJOICE
I'll be dead by then ;_;

why, end of the day and all the flaws plinkett will just say its decent at worst

You're a paranoid fuck, that's literally just how they talk on that website. It's annoying as hell and is why so many people here hate it.

I really thought they were holding back the good stuff for Mr. Plinkett.

"288 points 13 hours ago
Can we just take a moment to appreciate how Rey is always so ready for a fight? And it makes perfect sense, given that she's had to defend herself for her whole life on Jakku, so she still has that fight-or-flight response ready to kick in if things get intense. Also I love that she fights dirty (kicking Kylo in his wounded side in TFA, the saber drop/throw in the throne room fight). That's something we haven't seen before in a lightsaber duel."

You're telling me this is a legitimate comment?

I dunno, I read a bunch of them and then it just became clear the pattern the bot was following

I honestly think it's bots user

i also came to this conclusion.
admittedly the cinematography was competent

Disney expects a trillion dollars from this shit over the coming decades. You would have better luck prying the one ring from gollum over getting Disney to give up this licence.

It made me think of something though just another plot hole. Why is there a battle of jakku if there's nothing on the planet worth fighting over

oh hes gonna shit on it, hes just not gonna say its a bad movie, because its not a bad film.

Disney "quality assurance" agents gave them offers they could not refuse.

Yes. People on Reddit use token phrases like "Can we just take a moment to appreciate" because it gets them the most upvotes because people like seeing comments in certain, non-aggressive formats. You'll also notice that a LOT of responses of agreement start with "Right?"

he actually did say "it's like I'm having a dream watching a new star wars movie and it's really bad, but it's not a dream" in the half in the bag

>giving creative control of your flagship series to some tv director whose claim to fame is an overated episode of an overrated tv show only memorable because it killed off a main character and a shitty time travel movie paid for by the chinese government to show the chinese are the future

Seriously though what the actual fuck was Disney thinking

This makes me think too

I honestly think it's as simple as they have dumb women who like Breaking Bad and they got memed by reddit about Ozymandias so they gushed about getting this guy

It's literally the only way I can make sense of it

Fuck him but he really didn't. It was Abrams and Kennedy's who done it.

>The Johnson series will also tank because his confidence will be shattered by this experience.

Who's Johnson? A person who no longer exists?

yeah but theres more context to that statement, And it was mostly meant for humor im sure as oppose to his overall thoughts, the reason i say this because if he did mean it was bad he would just straight up say it and wasnt he referring to the casinio sub plot? Because that was absolute shit.

ironic

The bots are the redditors.
You are technically right.

This will only work if they scrap everything Abrams and Johnson made and go with Legends/EU

Yeah, the movie hinted at completely eliminating the status quo, destroyed all the elements of the status quo, but then didn't eliminate the status quo. Snoke and Luke are dead, but the conflict lives on with nobody to replace them with.

>creative control
He had no creative control whatsoever. All the things that people complain about the movie are the faults of the writers.

Who are the writers?

It's either that or these people live in another reality

All he had to do was not ruin Luke. It wasn't that hard. Was it so impossibly 'problematic' to have the female protagonist learn from the old white man? Was that really a fight he couldnt win?

This motherfucker just made the most subversive blockbuster in years.

>trying to have it both ways

it just hurts how badly theyre confirming all the things about women i already know, but dont want to be true