/Bright/ General

c r i t i c s edition

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2017/12/bright-review-netflix-will-smith-max-landis-david-ayer-worst-movie-2017-1201909960/
youtube.com/watch?v=n0-UfJCS1JM
nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/centaur-job-interview/n11485?snl=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop right there criminal scum!

Unironically better than TLJ

I don't get why they got this mad about a solid buddy cop movie with 80s b movie fantasy tier plot.

Mr. Orc, I'm LAPD

>26%
Wasn't it much higher yesterday?

I was entertained the entire movie. It’s not great but it was fun. Glad that it was MA. Nice violent movies

He's right you know.

it was like 32 yesterday

The biggest thing this movie doesn't even have something that could set the critics off like bad visuals or something. They literally have no reason to give it the absurdly low scores they have been giving it other than ulterior motives

HOt

>wil smythe
>nigs watch anything this hack is shoehorned into

really makes you watermelon...

I'm going to say this until you people like it. Manchester by the sea got the big studios shook

It keeps triggering more sjw writers

But Will Smith is famous because he's non threatening to white people

>joe rogan out of fucking nowhere
I chuckled

even my normie brother said it went to shit after they found the wand and he doesn't even look at reviews

It went to shit when they meet the orc godfather

Ah, but he still watched it

Critics are no longer reviewing films, they're an extension of the marketing department. We see the positioning of Disney material through obviously paid 'reviewing' which is entirely detached from how audiences recieve their films, and we see the repositioning of Disney's rivals in the critical reception of DC films and now Netflix films. Disney has a vested interest in seeing DC fail so they can't compete with their own capeshit, and now that they're starting their own streaming service they have a vested interest in seeing Netflix fail. The white Mickey Mouse gloves aren't good enough to hide the filthy fingerprints they've left everywhere.

>release a solid flick outside the hands of hollywood elves
>critics hate it

really makes you think

this. it literally was the scene that broke the camel's back when it came to pacing.

Brightgate

it was so weird how he just launches into this weird ass story about an all race party the darn cops just had to ruin so now he will murder them

it was just odd, they could have done a much better setup to kill jakoby

Watched most of it last night, the dialogue and shit was jarringly bad, so much so it was impossible to ignore

*pulls mic closer* " I love orcs, some of my favorite people on this planet are orcs, but look.....they fucked up 2000 years ago and we can't forget it"

>Trigger warning entertainment
no wonder the critics are trashing it
triggered af

>Now lets welcome my best friend in the whole wide world Thuruk Diaz!

It was more about the wand than the party (though that certainly didn't put him in a good mood).

*takes a hit* I saw this video of a guy getting fucked up by some crazy orc bitch. Pull that shit up Jamie.

that's literally pointed out in several reviews

This is too good to be true

They mention an army of 9 races killed the dark lord
>human
>elf
>dwarf
>lizardman from the sign in the intro
>orcs
>centaurs
>???

dragons are one maybe, there is dragon flying over LA

Fairy?

lmao

I saw it earlier, and while it was nowhere near the best movie I've seen, I also don't get how it has a 29% with a 3.6 average. It was a fairly average buddy cop movie with a cool twist, I'd give it like a 6.5. I get if someone's more tired of the genre, but I don't see why you'd give it lower than a 5.

fairies seem unintelligent in this, like flying raccoons

Orcs aided the dark lord. They didn't rise against him.

>he doesn't like will smith

>There's another one in the background.

I thought Jirak fought the dark lord.

indiewire.com/2017/12/bright-review-netflix-will-smith-max-landis-david-ayer-worst-movie-2017-1201909960/

>As if the goofy crackle of blue magic that runs through the Netflix logo isn’t enough of a warning sign, that gag is followed by a card for a production company called “Trigger Warning Entertainment.” Just gonna go out on a limb and suggest that these might not be the best people to make a thinly veiled metaphor for America’s racial violence that starts with Will Smith swatting a rodent-like garden sprite and declaring that “Fairy lives don’t matter!” Lock and load, snowflakes!

They did after Jirak raised the 9 armies.

Watching right now. Interracial marriage. Yeah.

It is unclear just how many orcs were on either side of the historic conflict. What we do know is that at least one orc joined the "good" side and enough orc were involved with the "bad" side to be blamed for it. Things were obviously (imo) left ambigious about many of the things from the past.

>his wife
>white
maybe in europe lmao

Things you want to see in Bright 2?

> Dwarfs getting fucking drunk
> Hybrids
> People getting killed with Swords
> Elite Orc Warriors

elf sluts getting ORC'D

>TLJ
>Bright
how will critics ever recover?

>Hybrids
I thought Jakob was a half breed and I want to see the federal elf fighting niggers.

Fantasy drugs and dragons

Elf agent turns out to be the dark lord

no hybrids. fucking each other is just pure degeneracy.

>Dragons fucking shit up
>the neil degrasse tyson of orcs
>more Sup Forums shit on race relations

Not really, I think they have to be initiated to be blooded.
Really don't know the teeth, maybe because is bloodline was never part of a clan?

Absolute fucking madman

Written by Max Landis

He says he filed his teeth (or had his teeth filed, unsure of the exact wording). Also that his father and father's father went unblooded as well. They are the orc equivalent of an "Oreo" to black people; physically black but trying to adapt completely to the surrounding culture.

>hey will, we can't go in there orcs hold grudges man
>cops bring guns in
>few scenes later those grudge holding orcs are actually holding a grudge

yeah what a dumb scene how dare he hold a grduge against the cops we were told he was going to hold a grudge against

maybe only orcs from good bloodlines can keep their teeth? quite sure there are some tribal shit like that irl.

i honestly forgot about the whole orc grudge thing so the scene is a little better now. the tone and pacing of the story still feels a little weird though.

I think it was more to show he was down for the cause in police work.

Elf sluts getting ORKED.com is a pretty good one.

Also Dwarfs.

Just finished it and I'm honestly excited about the sequel. Enjoyed it much more than I expected. The main thing I hated was the generic quality of the plot. The story was fine in that unique setting, but they couldn't do any better than "the Dark Lord?" And "wands"?

please read
>He says he filed his teeth (or had his teeth filed, unsure of the exact wording).
This is not a genetic thing. He had his teeth physically altered at some point in his life of his own volition.

Explain

>2016
>Year of the critical DC massacre with Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad
>2017
>Critics still horny from saying goodbye to the Snyderverse realize they won't be able to bash a Snyderverse or Ayers SS movie ever again
>New Will Smith shooter movie with fantastic elements comes out a month after Justice League
>Suicide Squad right on the poster

I wonder.

The story was simple as fuck the problem is thst i wanted to know more about the world , those characters are not interesting .

But i would completely watch another movie set in the same setting

The setting concept is an old one on /tg/. Too bad now it's been copywritten.

they turned a pilot episode into a movie which is why almost everyone who isn't a critic is left wanting more of the setting

True. This is a big bet for Netflix and Disney would certainly like to see it fall. I want to see Netflix original's fall since 90% of them are complete and total shit.

It predates /tg/ by quite a bit, famalam.

Black user here, not sure if you realised but this movie was incredibly racist

>every black guy is a gangsta
>orcs are basically an allegory for blacks
>Will Smith is an unlikable dick 95% of the movie

Stop being a gay.

>Shoehorned

I don't think you know what that word means

Silly bitch critics must be breaking their macbooks at this point. Nobody's listening to them anymore. What's a mouseketeer to do?

is this bait straight from reddit?

This is bullshit. Don't just make shit up you fucking mong.

Bright was sold as a full screenplay for a considerable amount of money. Netflix bid for the film rights.

I think thats a cop on a horse..

Did he direct another piece of shit movie again? Was it this piece of shit movie?

nah

That's a man on a horse you dumbus

itd the same as Bojack Horseman, im already tired with thst character is the same shit all seasons he is asshole . there is nothing more to show there ,I want another season with different characters in the same setting

The only issue I had with this movie is the fact that they explained every little detail.
Hell, the feds were just a plot device

> Netflix already green-lighted the sequel

Yes, fucking yes!

I wouldn't even mind a tvshow set in the same universe

wait a fucking minute

do centaurs fuck horses

>huge centaur dick

how can little orcs even compete?

Boring,shitty movie made a pathetic creep who's only around because of nepotism.

youtube.com/watch?v=n0-UfJCS1JM

the answer is yes if the head is hidden

> centaurs are southerns

Genuinely have a feeling the only reason Sup Forums 'likes' this movie is because it came out right after Star Wars, and seeing as Sup Forums is ultra sensitive about critics right now, they needed to direct their rebellion somewhere. Bright just came along at the right time

woops wrong link

that could have been very embarrassing

nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/centaur-job-interview/n11485?snl=1

(((elves))) work in mysterious ways

>Shadowrun: the B movie
yeah, no, fuck off.

I AM THE CITY

L I Z A R D M E N
I
Z
A
R
D

M
E
N

>take the homie out LAPD style

kek

>You better take care of the fairy or we calling the city
>Fairy dindu nuffin why you got to do that?

I like how you are all saying orcs are an allegory for blacks when there are blacks in the movie. Orcs are just orcs that sided with a dark lord kinda like a certain famous franchise. They use theme to make a point about races tendencies to judge and segregate but you seemed to have missed that. You're literally blinded by you own racism