What went right?

What went right?

>Campy trash with 0 stakes
>Mysterious horror elements replaced with a shitty alien invasion subplot
>Forced romance stories
>Ends with setup for a part 3 because people like the big aliens, completely ignoring the show don't tell aspect that strengthened a lot of the first part
The only decent part was explanation for 11's backstory, but everything else really felt like it would solely appeal to normies.

Stranger Things would have been a lot better ending as a stand-alone and not turning itself into a trilogy.

HE'S GONNA TAKE YOU BACK TO THE PAST

It was mildly entertaining, but I don't think I'd watch it again and I have pretty much no interest in a third season

They didn't try to fix what wasn't broken

Based Hopper and Eleven odd couple is what went right.

Babby's first show

>trilogy
it’s definitely going to have four seasons, with a fifth being a possibility

>The only decent part was explanation for 11's backstory
You got it all completely backwards.

I was wondering how they'd make the upside-down and the monsters imposing again after they basically just beat the ever loving shit out of the monster in season 1. Managed to do it pretty well.
Wonder where they'll go next season.

They teased the spider-monster to death. So they're clearly going that route. It will probably find a way to get out and its up to 11 and probably other test subjects to destroy it. The season will probably be getting the test subjects together leading into season 4 for the fight.

TO PLAY GAMES THAT SUCK ASS

they explained the most important part of her backstory in S1 anyway

>0 stakes
the threat of will permanently being under the thrall of the mindflayer was pretty high stakes imo

I watched it with my gf and practically fell asleep whenever Steve or the sheriff weren't on screen. Massively overrated series

I thought season 2 was great, but these characters had absolutely no backstory and I did not care about them at all. They only served the purpose to show 11 what NOT to be.

They're literally the antithesis to "a group of likable characters"

>Stop! You’re not going anywhere, fascist.
how do you respond

>millie thread is more active than this one
of course

Entertaining story with characters you like.

Fuck else could you want.

dis

>The only decent part was explanation for 11's backstory

I actually feel dumber for having had to sit through episode 7

It lowered my IQ substantially. I still have no idea what the fuck they were thinking

>today is apparently finn’s birthday
>seen exactly 0 posts on Sup Forums about it
very surprised to be quite honest with you lads