HAN SOLO Budget Has DOUBLED

>the reshoots ended up covering nearly all of [Solo: A Star Wars Story], all of the film, and potentially up to twice the budget.

comicbook.com/starwars/2017/11/01/solo-a-star-wars-story-ron-howard-doubles-budget/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dKCnrgVGgYw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This movie is going to be hot garbage

indeed

>movie will explain how he got the name 'Han Solo'
>movie will explain how he got the Falcon from Lando
>movie will show the Kessel Run
>movie will probably heavily feature those gold dice that everyone pretended were significant in TLJ
>Han will have a mentor who will teach him everything
>Han will meet a princess (played by Emilia Clarke) to parallel the relationship with Leia

lol

Han Solo isn't just his normal name? It's not like Star Wars doesn't have its fair share of stupid names.

Han Solo: A Star Wars Story: Justice League Edition

Wow FINALLY

Name, as in reputation.

But will it explain how he got his boots?

>haha these reshoots will only take a few seconds, let's just keep the reshoot money for ourselves

And the pants

>actually creative, successful directors get fired part way through filming
>massive reshoots doubling the budget
>had to call in a fucking acting coach for speilberg's nephew or whoever the fuck he is
>got meme actors
This movie is going to be a legendarily bad catastrophe and I couldn't be happier

will he be enough to save the movie?

>movie comes out in May
>no promotion whatsoever

wtf

>total reshoots

if anything, childish memebino is going to fuck up the movie worse

I thought this was supposed to be a Netflix series lmao it's a movie hahahaha who is going to watch this in the theaters hahahaha

Fucking what? Didn't his parents gave it to him?

The plot involves him maybe betraying Han, has tons of "foreshadowing" dickless jokes about betraying him in the future(OT) and the twist is he doesn't betray Han in this movie. You heard it here first.

Corellian blood stripe.

Every single person who went to see TLJ

If they didn't give up after TFA, Disney knows they have these cucks hooked.

All the people that loved it without understanding the plot and all the people who hated it without understanding the plot will all gladly spill out another 20 bucks to see this Solo shit

huh, i always like his acting. i think he has enough charisma to pull off lando desu

>his name used to be Duo
>his partner died and he changed it to Solo
>chewie made him realize he was supposed to be duo all along
Deep. Powerful

I don't know, man, the fanboy rage seems kind of real to me this time, coupled with the dramatic weekend box office drop. I think Disney may have fucked up. I think they may have killed the goose that laid the golden eggs.

One of the big reasons that I (and probably a lot of people) didn't like most of the EU is because it constantly took insignificant characters and details of the OT and embellished them in needless and boring ways.
It's amazing to see that after just one spin off movie, Disney is already out of ideas and has fallen into this trap.

>chewbacca is revealed to be the first transwookie in star wars

Stunning. Brave. Vibrant.

What the fuck even are those pants

Does this new budget include the actor training that they had to do?

lol you can see her eyebrows

>his actual name was San Holdo, and he’s Holdo’s long lost brother
its like poetry

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet.

you make your name if it's reputation. Got his name implies Han Solo isn't his birth name.

This bums me out.

its a small section of fanboys, the same with every film.

besides, now that SW is essential just a superhero film, it doesn't need the loyal nerds to bring in the cash.

if they start to see a lack of enthusiasm, they'll just rebrand and market the new films to the Pacific Rim/Fast and Furious audience

Disney won't lose

only time will tell

of course it has they had to practically re-shoot the whole movie

MORE HUMANS, THAT'S WHAT WE'VE BEEN MISSING

HOLY FUCK WHEN I WATCH A SPACE ADVENTURE I WANT TO SEE MORE AND MORE HUMANS

THE ONLY ALIENS I WANT TO SEE ARE BACKGROUND PUPPETS, BECAUSE A LACK OF ALIENS IS WHAT MADE STAR WARS, THE FILM ABOUT A GALATIC WAR, SO GREAT

>his actual name was ran foldo, and he always ran away and folded at card games

it's like my little brother's poetry he made for school.

Melenoma?

It Comes from the Sun?

I'm going to die?

Why me?

I have an amazing life

I have a faimily

And a job

I have plenty of money

Why me?

I thought melanoma was just genetic

I love basking in the sun

And now it has cost me

Everything i have, could be thrown away

I dont want my kids to grow up without a father

Oh god why,

Too early

I don't want to move on

I don't wanna die

Lests just hope it has not spread too far

Or my life is over

based chinese film critic

An the sequel. Melanoma 2: Solar Bogaloo

Melanoma?

It's a skin cancer

It will spread to my lungs!

I could die!

I'm not ready to die!

I haven't accepted Jesus!

I don't want to go to hell.

Why would anyone want to go to hell?

And, and what about my family?

Will they have to live with the choice i made?

I'm scared,

What if I don't have the guts to believe it.

That a man rose from the dead.

It seems impossible,

But the consequences could be huge!

I'm terrified to tears.

God please help me now!

then again, even the latest star wars movie has infinite amounts more depth than the shitty superhero flicks currently being pumped out, at least star wars actually seems to try with the effort the put into cg, lighting and cinematography

>side material brings in more human characters
>LGBT ones at that
>"We need more alien characters and protags" I say in an online chat
>"Uh, real world inclusion first shitlord'
Fucking mentally handicapped cunts

>little girl defeats a 6'3 powerhouse by overpowering him

what did they mean by this?

>that gif
>even the latest star wars movie has infinite amounts more depth than the shitty superhero flicks currently being pumped out
>effort the put into cg

Just like my animes.

>Hire untalented jew because nepotism
>Suffer

>what did they mean by this?
"hur durr de force is strronk in er"
arguiably the best fight scene this decade, and still gave me 10x the enjoyment then that of any superhero fight recently

Who asked for a SOLO movie? Nobody asked for one. But there's plenty of us who want a PODRACER movie and it hasn't even been considered.

also, leverage bro

The only podracer I want is a sequel to the video game,

>arguably the best fight scene this decade

youtube.com/watch?v=dKCnrgVGgYw

capekino laughs at nuwars

How to craft an expanded universe:
Take element from universe
Expand it

How not to craft and expanded universe:
Keep going back to the same story and character over and over again

You know what I'd watch? A Star Wars movie set on the other side of the galaxy, about some weird little purple guy doing space shit. And there is no mention of the force or the death stars or Han Solo.

>not the hallway fight

YOU HAD ONE JOB

will it explain who shot first?

Lol it’s like the opposite of the Jabba scene from ANH. The perfect metaphor for nuWars; less aliens and less interest.

typical liberal response

>just throw more money at it, it will make up for our incompetence

>>Han will meet a princess (played by Emilia Clarke) to parallel the relationship with Leia

>nearly double

But isn't 80% of the budget spent on special effects? Do they need to do new VFX because they changed the script so much?

>click on video
>immersion braking ninja over the top shit
>yh no

Was it Red Letter Media who made the joke about Reveng of The Sith having a little baby Han in it?
That's what I think this movie is going to be.

I wouldn't politicize it but your right about throwing money at shit concepts

is that really true with movies? I always assumed that the majority was on filming

Has there ever been another instance where a studio reshot the entire movie for creative reasons?
Seems like an insanely stupid decision

Majority is on marketing for a film like this.

>laser swords are realistic

not a big fan of multi enemy fightscenes, I prefer 1v1s

>arguiably the best fight scene this decade
It was worse than Power Rangers or Wonder Woman

Back to the Future?

no but the concept of laser swords are easily understandable and work incredibly similar to normal swords, which is a lot better than stupid fucking flips

That didn't start with them. Lucas was originally planning on including scenes with a teenaged Han Solo living with the Wookies in ROTS. It only got cut out of the script just before filming started.

shot in the gut mate

holy shit

Star Wars is falling apart

who the fuck would have thought

>Even though this is a Lucasfilm project and turning a profit seems inevitable, the inflated budget won't sit well with most executives, but Kathleen Kennedy has proven capable of stewarding the franchise.
>Kathleen Kennedy has proven capable of stewarding the franchise.
Ha.

so you're just a fat brainlet who can't understand how people in decent shape can do martial arts?

LOL

>Han solo
>solo
>solo a star wars movie
>solo
Gee I wonder if he works solo?? Damn what if he like lost his partner and doesn't want to work with Chewbacca at first but then Chewbacca like saves him and then he decides to keep him around dude oh man and then Han solo wouldn't be working solo anymore plus all those other friends in the movie oh man I wanna see this movie dude I can't imagine what will happen

>>movie will probably heavily feature those gold dice that everyone pretended were significant in TLJ
Feel like that was the only reason they showed those. I'm not aware of any significance to those fuckin stupid dice in any previous movie, Legends-canon book, or anything.

It's more a behind-the-scenes thing. An unknown party stole them after production of the OT.

honestly, TFA sucked, but that duel in the snow is a straight up iconic masterpiece. I loved it. I hated that Rey arbitrarily beat Kylo, but I loved the scene itself, it was beautifully shot and so moody.

>and the bait presents itself

Holy shit, user was right. GoT is just a Leia stand-in.

Also, is there gonna be some kind of "Wow, those are some terrible pants!" running joke until he gets his red-stripers?

Was wondering wtf too. But it's the TMZ logo making weird patterns.

Behold, the single dumbest retcon of all time.

>Rey arbitrarily beat Kylo
It astounds me how little people pay seem to understand a bunch of sci-fi movies for children. It's not that hard to pay attention. Pretty much all of the complains people had about TFA (or for that matter TLJ) are obviously explained by the film itself.

>Kylo had just been shot with a bowcaster
>He was in emotional turmoil (always a bad thing in Star Wars)
>He wasn't trying to hurt Rey, only to capture her
>Rey focused, collected her emotions, and connected to the force

I cannot fucking wait for the knives to come out for Kennedy. Between this shitfest and what's currently going on with The Last Jedi she'll be lucky to have her job by this time next year.

He will be enough to make the rest of the movie around him seem much,

MUCH worse

no, name as in, han solo, retard.

hahahahahaha

Jetser Dexter's Diners, Dive-Ins, and Dives

(not that poster)
even as a fan I cant deny the fact rey is a mary sue and also that its a close copy to a new hope

Lando is such a likable character that he's going to redeem the movie. They really have to fuck up big time to ruin his character.

Well we already knew that. The question is whether Star Wars Fatigue and bad response to TLJ will lead to this being a total bomb.

I'd love nothing more than to see a SW movie bomb at this point.

>movie will probably heavily feature those gold dice that everyone pretended were significant in TLJ
I am going to bet Han's mentor gave them to him during the inevitable death scene

In the EU, which I guarantee you the movie will steal ideas from so don't even start about canon, Han Solo was an orphan. So no, not necessarily.

That's fucking sad. Probably the only good actor in the entire thing and he gets fucked over

>>Han will have a mentor who will teach him everything
I hope he starts out with gangsters, then is picked up by a female wookie and then joins imp academy like in the old canon but I doubt it

>always a bad thng in Star Wars
It's literally how the Sith manage to be so much more powerful than Jedi despite less training fuckwit

Are there negresses in Star Wars?

How much of the stuff Phil Lord and Christopher Miller shot is going to make it into the final cut?

>The Last Jedi main problem was that it wasn't a fun movie made for children
>so they fired the people who knew how to do a good and fun children's movie and re-filmed everything