Is it overrated?

Is it overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aiot_Xbb0ys
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rated properly. Remember, outside of like 3-4 shows, tv in the 70s was mostly shit because Wasserman codified everything to be produced the exact same way.

Columbo wasn't top shelf great, but it's comparable to something like Monk in quality and it's way better than subsequent rip offs like Barney Miller, Murder She Wrote or Diagnosis Murder.

Were there any other stands outs between 70s - 90s? I know that tv only gets really good at the beginning of the 90s

The shows from the 60s/70s are the only ones worth watching. The revival was far too self aware and consisted of way too much padding to make it them a TV movie. I hate that 80s guillotine episode so much, it was barely Columbo in my opinion.

The episodes are so fucking long

I know people that took a gander at an episode after just hearing it through references.

They're now hooked.

>The episodes are so fucking long

Don't ever try British television, user

There's an episode called "Last Salute To the Commodore" which was directed by Patrick McGoohan (aka Number Six), where McGoohan mostly had the actors improvise the scenes. It's so awkward and uncomfortable, everybody should watch it.

I love the McGoohan episodes, both when he acts and directs.

Yeah, Peter Falk and Patrick McGoohan were friends, and you can tell.

Don't worry, I don't watch inbred shit.

Thanks

No it isnt, can we do anything else for you other than give you attention?

Colombo is prime drinking kino. Pour yourself a stiff bourbon and settle in.

t. alcoholic

BTW, if you didn't know already, Columbo is based on the character of Porfiry from Crime and Punishment. Just a fun literary tie in that's fairly well known.

>I gotta take off this coat. I can't think in this coat.

Also, Columbo has a running gag where he talks a lot about his wife, but she's never shown. At some point, someone had the idea to make a spin-off about her, called Mrs. Columbo, and playing the part of the unseen wife was none other than...

in my opinion not. i personally also think it plays in a far better league than Monk, contrary to what this dude said.

one thing bugs me though. more often than not, columbo "solves" the case, but the evidence against the culprit is so fucking weak it would not stand in a trial.
>you grabbed that one camera in a pile of 5 cameras, enjoy prison forever

SPENT SOME BANK
BOUGHT A HIGHPOWERED JUMBO
ROLLED UP A WOOLIE
AND I WATCHED COLUMBO

ONE

Monk has better writing. Colombo has better actors.

No.
youtube.com/watch?v=aiot_Xbb0ys

They were originally broadcast once a month as TV movies.

Also, Columbo is great.

Its only a matter of time before it gets a reboot, right?

Don't pretend to be me you asshat

dude...
...peter falk (the actor who played columbo) is dead...

Great, we can cast a negro

He said reboot, not a sequel

They'll get some stupid actor like Kit Harington

Do you not know what the word "reboot" means?

this

most awkward episode ever. what were they thinking...?

This is hilarious so far

it'll obviously be josh gad

>was mostly shit because Wasserman codified everything to be produced the exact same way.
redpill me on Wasserman

kekk