Special Effects Thread

I want examples of the best special effects in film and tv. Scenes that just make you go "Wow, how did that get on screen?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p76AW6x3P0I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I know this is a meme thread, but the entirety of District 9.

I mean it would look a lot better if he wasn't running like a faggot

My nigga

he lives for THAT?

Is that from Injustice 2?

Stop posting JL webms. The special effects in that film were awful.

Injustice one actually.

Alright some non JL stuff.

Why does it spark? Do filmmakers not understand what sparks actually are?

>bullet come out with shells

mm ok

Here at Aperture Science we fire the whole bullet. That's 65% more bullet, per bullet.

I have literally seen better effects and animation on videogame intros.
How do they get away with it.

huwhat

>floor jumping into place
>that doorway

every time

I don't see it

wtf is this?

Look at the red floor around that circular thing in the middle of the office

Why is he running like a faggot?

>Miller has described himself as queer,[14] specifying: "The way I would choose to identify myself wouldn't be gay. I've been attracted mostly to 'shes' but I've been with many people and I'm open to love wherever it can be"
>His father is Jewish...
>Ezra considers himself Jewish, and "spiritual".[11][12][13]

Kek i see it now

so I see that the earlier movies had better cgi than civil war and homecoming?

That's my fave but it's missing the reverse shot where The Rock is bigger.

youtube.com/watch?v=p76AW6x3P0I

The Rock reminds me of the evil seal in Pingu's dream with his facial hair and the way he's giant and squinting,

Yep. The earlier movies weren't fully made according to the 'marvel guidebook'.

>cherry picked images
>he falls for it
kekles

the colors are so monged that at the end they're lying on blue sand in front of blue rocks

found the sperg
kys

Gollum.

The Balrog. It still absolutely blows my mind how they were able to get that in there almost two decades ago.

there's a picture of this (I think) room as a physical set so what's up with that? was the set used in one of the movies not another?

It's the whole "dedicated budget" thing, the earlier movies had less cgi and shit all over the place so more time and money could go into paying the cgi nerds just to work on the armor

I still love how slowly he gets up out of that chair.

Two Towers Gollum looks pretty bad nowadays but the Balrog is legitimately amazing. Even today it holds up.

Best special effect use of the last 15yrs

what am i missing... is it meant to be blue?

here is a pic for example. so wtf

I hate this dumb floor meme

No, you just noticed something he was too stupid to spot himself, so naturally you're considered a sperg for it.

are you funnin me son

>bullets going only slightly faster than the car they are about to hit

>i-it's supposed to be shit !

Avatar was released eight fucking years ago, and CGI released this year still looks amateurish compared to it. I remember when that movie came out people were saying it was setting a new benchmark for CGI, but the fact that eight years later Hollywood still can't come close to it is proof at how cheap the whole film industry has become. Even Peter Jackson can't make his movies look as good as James Cameron's from almost a decade ago. All this shit is probably outsourced to gooks in a foreign factory somewhere and the results are embarrassing garbage, but the execs don't care because average Joe's will still pay full admission to look at it.

Well so you think?

Being able to make real sets look like CGI proves that Lucas is secretly a masterful filmmaker.

LOL what the actual fuck? Is this real?

Spider-Mans little hop always gets me.

Is black panther a weeb?

This is one of Lucas biggest flaws among so many others. He didn't like how some sets came out or how shots were done so he would do shots where he'd splice multiple shots together and force the effects team to work it out.

>get points for being gay
>still fuck women
this dude has it all figured out

How did they make it look so good? Today we have a Spider-Man that looks like a video game from the 90s.