Star Trek TOS

Star Trek TOS
>Uhura gets called a negress, but doesn't take offense because "in this century, we've learned not to fear words"
Deep Space Nine
>Sisko is initially uncomfortable going into the 1960's Vegas holosuite program because actual 1960's America wasn't that friendly to black people
What happened?

1960s America didn't just treat black people badly by saying bad words

So? The holosuite program was specifically made without the actual societal norms of the 1960's. And let's not forget this show takes place in the 24th century. Sisko never experienced that kind of society. It was hundreds of years behind them.

It was a different time

I thought it was just a meme

I was a bit shockes to see this in trek never expected them to actually say nigger in the show.

He isn't wrong

Spock is half Vulcan?

They're using that word to explain a context in the show, not to offend blacks. There's a difference.

I know.

IT WAS REEEEEAAALLL! IN MY MIND!

star trek is often racist, just not against humans.

star trek is often racist, just not against humans. most viewers dont recognize it.

There is literally nothing wrong with being racist

Sisko's just being a whingy cock. Both O'Brien and Bashir would go on holo-adventures where neither of their ethnic groups would've been welcome.

But O'Brien is white and Basic looks like a typical Londoner

Sisko had prophet visions of being a science fiction writer in the 1930s and at this point he was losing touch with the real world and mixing it up with these visions

That's my headcanon

Whenever Kira gets sad it really melts my heart.

If I lived on the enterprise I would probably drink myself to death. They stare death in the face every day and spit in his face for breakfast

They'd replay many periods of history. I can't recall if they ever replicated a Roman Republic/early Empire program but if they did with certain tweaks O'Brien would've been thought of as half an animal while Bashir would be a civilised guest.

She's too skinny.

>caring about autismo commie propaganda hour

A show gets the audience it deserves.

Watch DS9. Im from Sup Forums but it is my favorite trek

Star Trek TOS
>Spock acknowledges the successes of the Nazi regime, despite the terrible things they did
TNG/VOY/DS9/ENT
>Nazis are the greatest evil the galaxy has ever known or ever will know

>What happened
Times happened. Social agendas changed.

I dont think I can bear to give trek another go, I tried tng and it is so insufferably shallow and pretentious.

How do those 2 viewpoints contradict each other?

*pedantic

Ugghhh are you serious?!?!

Do they explain why McCoy is called bones?

The first is viewing them with the dispassionate disconnect that applies to all despots and dictatorships eventually, and shows a sense of rationality and logic. The latter says that the 24th century will have the same emotional hang ups and reservations about a society that's within living memory of world war 2.

Having said that, one wonders how long the nazis being regarded as the ultimate evil, given they are probably the biggest villainous regime since the invention of film and the USA, who produces so much popular culture, has a media largely ran by one of the their main victims.

Die filthy phoneposter.

IRISH ARE NOT WHITE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Haha I wish. I don't phonepost this was sent from my iPad.

Sent from my iPad

Where in the later Treks do they refer to the evil of the nazis with such passion?

It's a shitty move to pick one era of human history in a futuristic sci fi show that happens to be rather close to our own era to shit on, while allowing the fantification of any other preceding era. Kira and Dax play in King Arthur's court, yet no one bitches about feudalism and the mistreatment of serfs and the fact pretty much the only thing people did in those days was butcher each other. They play WW2 games and it doesn't strike their evolved enlightened Federation society as strange to be gunning down german after german, still treating them as faceless nazis instead of soldiers with families and dreams. But no suddenly you have the black captain and it's all REEEEE **MY PEOPLE** WERE TREATED POORLY 400 YEARS AGO.

Why doesn't Sisko ever complain about the millennia of African tribes genociding and enslaving each other? Why do they get a pass?

Yes we are

u would. all of them.

I thought we went over this. No one wants you here if you're going to do this.

>replying
good job dumbshit you just guaranteed 18 more threads of that

Oh my God stop

he didn do nuffin!

resistance is indeed quite... futile

spots

Reported for spamming, you fucking asshole. Youu do this every fucking thread, you piece of shit!!!!!!!

tfw there's only a brief 7-10 hour period when you can post in a /trek/ thread without the spammer
also this thread is dead anyways so I'll post about him without thinking I'm encouraging him

>calls me spammer when i have new images.

You know exactly what you are doing

>he STILL doesn't get it
but go on pretending to be a retard

Never in the series. In the 2009 movie it's because his wife divorced him and took everything, so all he has left is his bones.

lol

How could Riker not know what a Dyson sphere is?

>Kira and Dax play in King Arthur's court, yet no one bitches about feudalism and the mistreatment of serfs and the fact pretty much the only thing people did in those days was butcher each other

That's because King Arthur worked to make England a great place to live.

It's bones because he used to be a coroner.

i wanna rest my fat schlong on her tit rack

i know

Is there a reason trio never had to wear a uniform? Seems unprofessional

just fyi your post could still imply blacks aren't humans.

How could most of the crew not know what nanites are?

hehe

all humans are apes anyway so racism is kinda boringly stupid if you ask me.

I want her to go doe legged then squat on my face and pee

King Arthur didn't exist you fucking ding dong

>next generation
screeeeeee

Oh lord, here comes american liberal arts education everyone

arthur is a legend. not actual guy but this is off topic anyway

>he believes in evolution
I knew you were retarded but not this retarded

Same reason people here get pissed when they see a movie set in the past with black people where there wouldn't have been. Sisko just wants historical accuracy.

Nothing else makes sense desu

someone gets it finally

>Uhura
>got called a word
>Sisko
>got the shit beat out of him
>hmmm

Well that's fucking retarded. He's obviously the sawbones, and that's where his nickname comes from.

>got the shit beat out of him
By who?

does trek let us know if the federation is actually atheist?

Sawbones?

he saws bones in surgery. common thing to do as doctor

Not-Dukat and not-Weyoun.

God created whiskey to prevent the Irish from ruling the universe

Are you a doctor?

He's the ship's surgeon, a.k.a. the sawbones because they spent a lot of time removing limbs full of fucking bit splinters on naval ships.

same thing with americans and burgers

Whisky was created to motivate the Irish to do some fucking work once in a while.

So? I thought Sisko was tough, not some beta faggot.

bordering on the racist there bud