What went right?

What went right?

Nothing. It's terrible and unnecessary.

James May should keep taking things apart, Clarkson should keep writing his column, and Hammond should probable die in a car crash since that's clearly his fate.

As someone on the fence about watching, you haven't done much to explain what's wrong with it. Top Gear was unnecessary and it's very enjoyable.

Episode 3 was a dogshit episode

>and Hammond should probable die in a car crash since that's clearly his fate.

you should burn in hell desu

I sincerely hope that you die in a car crash, you fucking mong.

It's gotten increasingly less believable, and all the segment premises are all worn DEEP into the ground. The one thing everyone liked about Top Gear, the travel specials, don't work anymore since they're too old and too unwilling to put themselves in real discomfort. Plus the guests this season are absolute bottom-of-the-bottom-of-the-barrel, and nobody cares the track lap times (either "stig" or celeb in a car) anymore.

dude cars lmao

episode 3 sucked

what was the bit about the work place? and people racing?

like who cares

and why the fuck cant they get actual celebs on? they have a huge budget

I'm a big fan of Top Gear and this is unironically the best post

>and why the fuck cant they get actual celebs on? they have a huge budget

This is sorta' bizarre. Their global platform is huge, why can they only get on c-list british "celebs"? What they're drawing is way way worse than Top Gear, which aready seemed pretty bad given their reach (wasn't that the most watched show in the world?? And they can't get the sort of guests a 12:30 American talk show does every night)

Glib facsimile.

How far in advance are the studio scenes shot, though? I always felt, even on Top Gear, that their conversations/news segments were fairly out of date and having a celeb promoting something topical seemed outside of the scope as well. It rarely felt like a celeb on a promotional circuit and more just, as you suggest, a random bad celeb.

On Top Gear it was shot the Wednesday before airing, I believe

It just seems like a tired and uninspired re-doing of Top Gear to me. Sure, everything's basically there that was in Top Gear, but there is no energy to it, and it just feels like a contrived copy of what already was, and what was already wearing thin. I loved Top Gear, but it's best to just let a good thing go for the sake of preserving its legacy.

What people like is the chemistry between the hosts, but they needed a new structure / gimmick. I get that it's difficult to mess with success, but indeed the old formula was wearing thin and now it's competly worn through.

This is why you retards cant have anything nice.

Sure its a little scripted but its fucking TV and Clarkson is a gold mine.

Hes redpilled, he speaks his mind and hes a celebrity.

Whats not to like? Seriously you want a re-enactment of NuWars? Because thats what youll get.

Appreciate how awesome this show is, instead of bitching like whiny autistic faggots.

Where else are you going to see a fucking celebrity crash a 1500 hp electric car and almost die?

Where else are you Going to see a celebrity almost cause a few international incidents with his bants?

Where else are you going to find a straight man as good as James?

So kindly go fuck yourselves you wankers.

>Hes redpilled
Stopped reading there

Hur Dur watch our Netshits original series goy.

Fuck off shill.

This.

Had top gear uk kept going they would have run the show into the ground.

At lease Chris Harris saved it somewhat especially with the YouTube let's drives

Besides both shows literally are still the same so we are literally getting double top gear

Tgt is a updated format that's more streamlined has still has a special at the end.

I like Clarkson's demeanor and humor so if I have to put up with a bit of dad humor and scripting then so be it.

It's the very thing that always set Clarkson apart from the rabble and he literally never changed.

If you don't like top gear or tgt Clarkson may and Hammond anymore great fuck off and let us all enjoy them.

God knows they probably will retire soon leaving what a bunch of copycats and eceleb faggots like hoonigans and motortrend sjw horseshit in their place.

Jesus fuck as a old Clarkson fan from back in the 90s I just can't stand when normies on here get tired of him

I know it's unoriginal to say, but the car parts really are my least favourite part of TG/TGT. I just like them as stealth travel shows, especially when they're driving in shit cars they can really mess about with and don't feel obliged to phonily rhapsodise about

The reddit spacing.

>I KNOW PEOPLE WHO EAT SALAD
>THEIR CALLED WOMEN
KEK BASED CLARKSON

HOW SHIT A DRIVER IS FUCKING HAMMOND, IS IT CUS HE CANT REACH THE PEDALS
HE'S GONNA DIE FOR SURE NEXT SEASON

Hammond and May can do good consumer-info car reviews.

What I'm not sure anyone really enjoys are the super-slickly-edited but no-content supercar "reviews". But maybe that's because I'm not a complete car obsessive.

Nah man, he's slowly building immunity to car crashes.

My internet is out and it's 4am on Xmas morning sorry I didn't type like all the other bugmen fuck off

Its actually pretty good. A lot better than season 1.

yeah this
first time, hospitalized
second time, crutches
third time, he'll just get out and dust himself off like in the a-team

Protip: crash yourself at lower speeds to increase your tolerance to high speed crashes

>bugmen

Lol arse technicrap

ep 3 was a little bland imo, I hope ep 4 is more like ep 1 or 2

It's kinda hard to keep a show like this going for 20 odd years before the formula gets stale