>astrology in a science fiction film
BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>FEMALE
>""""""""""""""""""WRITERS""""""""""""""""
kekkkkkkkkkkkkkk

>kill Admiral Ackbar offscreen so this new whore can take over command
>within hours of her command 95% of the 400 rebellion people get killed
>she watches one fleeing ship after another getting blown up
>after almost all ships are destroyed she decides to do something and hyperspace rams the ship into the boomerang
>she didn’t even bother the drive her ship in a direction to get between to boomerang and the fleeing ships
>she just watches

And she’s the one who’s portrayed as a strong female leader and a hero

What were they thinking?

Nevermind, Luke Skywalker Milks the tits of an alien and drinks it.

>star wars
>science fiction
toplel

>from now on manspreading is not allowed on the ship

>takes control
>90% rebels die few hours later
FEMINISM AT 101!
and people complain about SJW, while it's literally anti-feminist

>crashing this cruiser... With no survivors!

>being retarded
>online
toplel

>not understanding genres
>being on Sup Forums
toplel

woops

>space opera isn't a subgenre of science fiction

I agree this movie is redpilled as fuck. When I saw her character I was priming for some preachy shit but they literally spend the rest of the movie undermining her authority and showing how all her plans were absolutely trash.

Rian is /ourguy/

No, it's a subgenre of fantasy.

oh god, I read that in her voice...

She's actually a good writer, and Lost Stars and Bloodline are among some of the best Star Wars novels.
But lol, dyed hair!! Women suck, amirite?? xdd
Holy crap, /tvpol/'s so pathetic

The entire franchise revolves around a mystical life energy and the people who can tap into it to do supernatural shit (and any attempts to bring this in line with sci-fi reasoning are probably the unchecked ravings of a lunatic). Astrology could be meaningful in this galaxy, though I'm not sure how astrology is supposed to work when your culture isn't limited to a relatively fixed planetary body. Also, in a universe where astrology meant anything, aspies would be the ones into it instead of Tumblr chicks.

I can smell your yeast infection from her you rancid cunt.

The only reason their plan failed is because the Finn plan introduced a traitor into the mix of the rebellion

Best turd in the toilet bowl isn't that solid a recommendation

but Poe knew getting everyone aboard these is deathwish
even without that traitor guy, First Order guys would finally realise this and do so

>why not use autopilot?
No! They expect one of us in the space wreakage, Poe.

filename for the win

>writes shlocky star wars fan fic
>actually a good writer
ahahahahah, read a real book you mong. Even Atwood is leagues ahead of this bitch, with original material.

what this guy said

>she's a good writer
>writes star wars novels

I'm not speaking in defense of this dumb-dumb design but I am gonna say something about astrology
I don't believe in horoscopes or any of that SHIT. But a very sharp older man explained to me that the way he saw astrology was:
>farmers have nothing to do for hundreds of years
>they record the stars
>ascribe certain qualities to the position of certain stars based on their families and neighbors behaviours over generations
>it's pattern recognition with the neat artifice of following the positions of stars
>personally I can't buy into 'mercury in remission' being to blame for me dropping my phone but I would believe that human beings are beholden to unconscious habits that one could just as easily chart with a calendar as with a star chart, but stars are more fun
>articulating this clearly will just empower dumb bitches to be horrible people because of muh stars so I should probably shut the fuck up

Imagine being so scared of women that seeing a strong female in a movie triggers you .

Finn plan was greenlit because Holdo wouldn't tell anyone that she had a plan.

You are correct sir in that bitch's cunt reeks of green cheese and fungal toad stools, however:-

I can smell your yeast infection from here, you rancid cunt.

Now your rebuttal will tear ever further into her guts.

It wouldn't have gone so badly if Poe had just followed orders.

But nope, he was all "I am hero! I demand to know everything!! REEEEEEEE"

>Lost Stars and Bloodline are among some of the best Star Wars novels.

>Holdo wouldn't tell anyone that she had a plan
>implying she had a plan at all.
rescue ships weren't plan, they were desperate last chance when fuel was out

Good for you roastie. Now meet your competition, pic related. You can keep your disgusting cauliflower legs and pot belly... "sweetie".

Imagine so liking the vomit inducing taste of shit that when others complains about the shit smell, You become this ass-blasted.

I fucking hate star wars for bringing Laura Dern to the attention of screeching manchildren.

>blindly follow authority in the face of impending doom

good lesson to teach those kids

Once you have FTL travel, laser weapons and hologram screens, it's sci-fi

Well, it was enough of a plan that even Poe said "holy fuck, that's a plan!" once he was told by Leia after everything was too late to be course corrected.

We are the spark that will light the fire rises

Yeah, but that's the thing. If you delve further than your astrological sign, it quickly gets into planets and other non-fixed cosmic bodies. This hocus-pocus doesn't even track with a seasonal calendar beyond surface level.

It's kinda amusing that they introduced Holdo to further the stronk womenfolk narrative, yet wrote her to be such a secretive cunt that she was one of the main causes why the resistance was wiped out almost entirely.

>Star Wars
>novels

This self defensive post is pathetic

>Got demoted after disobeying orders
>Got a load of people killed because of his hero complex and wanting to take out a dreadnaught
>Lost ALL of their bombers
>Demands to know a plan despite making it obvious he gives 0 shits about orders and plans
Can you really blame her for not telling him?

Just came home from watching this bizarre movie. Can somebody please explain to me what the FUCK happened to Luke at the end? He was a hologram all along? Is he dead? What the fuck.

Shouldn't she have known that everyone would follow Poe instead of her though?

Poe was in the wrong, but she should have been able to realize that she didn't have the confidence of her men and adjusted her plans accordingly by including Poe

>kill Admiral Ackbar offscreen so this new whore can take over command
There should be blood running in the streets of Disney/LucasFilm HQ.

Why? Ackbar was a literal meme character with zero character depth

you do realize we have been telling you non stop to not pay to watch the movie for weeks now, right?

why would you reward them for making such a meme film?

She included poe. He had orders to go to his station and await further instructions. But he couldn't handle being left out, and so he throw a mutiny and went ahead with his own plan.

He died when he crash landed on the planet. His body is submerged in the x-wing.

The Luke we see is just his force ghost, and after saving Leia and everyone else he is finally at peace and becomes fully one with the force

>Bawww my favourite meme character got killed off screen!
People only care about Ackbar because "le funny fishman says it's a trap xD!!!"

Reminder that this is fake since she didn't write or create the character.

For the spacefaring civilization astrology could be teaching about how to identify and avoid planets full of dark side like Dagobah or find star systems with cleat flow of the force.

Uh oh you upset the proud citizens of kekistan
>you read the book and say it was good? well lemme tell you I didn't read it but know more about then you and it suuuucks

Yes she did. The character first appeared in a book that she wrote. Why lie on the internet when it is so easy to research?

>fantasy in a sci fi fantasy with wizards and green gnomes
FEMINAZIS RUIN EVERYTHING

Double trigger

Look at this dude

Nah, she shut him down. She dressed him down in front of the crew and refused on two occasions to even admit there is a plan. Sure, he sperged out and went rogue with the Finn plan, but Holdo did her best to drive him to that point. Even during the mutiny she still didn't acknowledge there's a plan in place, opting instead for an armed fight instead of fixing it with a few words.

The character first appeared in the screenplay Rian Johnson wrote.

FYI, "Leia Princess of Alderaan" is a novel that was written for the pre TLJ release PR blitz. Don't be retarded.

>Hey these frigates are about to run out of fuel and we'll need to evacuate them, should we kamikaze them instead of just abandoning them to get blown up
>No, shut up, my plan is perfect.
>Well, at the very least, should we use a droid or an autopilot program to kamikaze, rather than sacrificing an actual person, especially one of our top leaders?
>No, shut up. Self sacrifice is an important theme.
>But isn't Finn going to learn 10 minutes from now not to sacrifice himself?
>I said shut up.

I want to gently strangle her

You can't push the jew boogeyman then go and cheer for a jewish puppet potus.

>people call Rey a Mary Sue
>Holdo is a self insert in an established universe that does no wrong
>Even dies not long after being introduced
There are definitions, and then there are textbook definitions

has ANYONE assblasted alt-right incels by merely existing as much as she does

>existing
I thought she was dead

Sup Forums needed several months to calm down after pic related.

>The character says 6 lines in a screenplay released in December
>The character is a major character in a 400 page book that came out in September
Hmmm... I will give credit to option B

SEETHING

she's assblasting trump fans from beyond the grave

>But isn't Finn going to learn 10 minutes from now not to sacrifice himself?

Speaking of which, how did the speech from Rose to Finn make any sense? How can she assume that he was trying to sacrifice himself out of hate for the empire and not out of a willingness to protect those he loves? All through the movie Finn has been chanting "muh Rey, must protect Rey, wanna see Rey" over and over. Doesn't sound hate fueled to me. The scene gets worse them more I thing about it.

If they didn't kill the dreadnaught wouldn't it just blow them up thirty seconds later after they hyperspaced?

OP implies she created the character after her image. Hard to do when you write a companion piece type of novel for a character that was cast and designed by a divison you have nothing to do with.

what does trump have to do with star wars

is he in the new one?

>people still don't understand 6D water ballet
Sad!

>is a leader
>normally speaks in metaphors and appears to have trouble communicating with people to the point of irritating them because they can't speak normally
>will rarely answer questions and expects blind obedience

Yeah, no. No fucking military would ever promote someone like that to a commanding position.

Oh people are beginning to "understand" alright.

little faggot who was botting RT came out as alt-right and a 'Trump fan'

You people warned me about the lighspeed Allahu Ackbar scene
You warned me about the titty milk scene
You told me about the Porgs which were in it for like 30 seconds total and not as annoying as you made out
You prepared me for Luke being a momumental faggot

So WHY THE FUCK did you not tell me about that faggot kid with telekinesis and a broomsaber at the end?!

Fucking bastards, left with such a bad taste in my mouth

>h-hey guys look it was just bots!
>those t-trump fans right?

the little shit admited to it. stop deluding yourself

>See! There's a screencap of some user taking credit!
>See! Huff-Po printed an article saying someone admitted to it!

which is it this time? lol

Because nobody is actually watching this movie

You're probably one of a dozen Sup Forums users who have or ever will pay money for the experience

>screencap of some user
he was on facebook with his real name

The Resistance is like 400 people. How the fuck have the best pilot and the third in command never met?

Depressingly true

Still hate that fucking kid

There are people on facebook with their real name taking credit for running the CIA.
If huff-po writes an article pointing them out, or you see a pic on reddit, does that mean they run the CIA?

>It wouldn't have gone so badly if Poe had just followed orders.
It would have gone the same.
Even if the Supremacy didn't notice the escape vessels, they would notice only one person was aboard the rebel ship and conclude the rest escaped to the nearest planet.

>he was on facebook with his real name

>loose canon decides to mutiny because "bawwwww I am hero and deserve to be the main part of every plan!!!"
>She should have fixed it with words
She did the right thing. Told him his orders, really simple orders, and he couldn't even follow those.

let me guess he was an undercover disney shill, instead?

holy shit, nuCanon is exactly as bad as EU only worse.

CROSSOVER WHEN?!!?!!

Fanfiction writers should not write movies.

>50 shades of gray anyone?

A military with a civilian leader like Obama would. And clearly the Republic must have a shit ton of Obamas running around for a cunt like this to be anywhere near military command.