QOTD: it is Christmas Eve

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/Proxima/
letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
imdb.com/list/ls000031161/
letterboxd.com/Arokz/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

did they uplod the DVD-R of Lancelot du lac to SC? I’m on a plane so I can’t check it

Star Wars

bane? lmfaooo

letterboxd.com/Proxima/

please be patient, i have autism

You don't really think you'll win, do you?

Griffith was a studio hack

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

haneke is a hack

Michael Hackneke

Based

Based

imdb.com/list/ls000031161/

My favorite movies

As of June 2014. The top 2 movies are pretty solidified, but everything else is in extremely loose order.

>not one but TWO (2) Hacknecke in the top ten

What is Emma Stone was n Space Battles

What is Emma Stone was n Space Battles

Merry Christmas everyone

I'll Be Seeing You was a good unconventional Christmas movie with Ginger Rogers and Shirley Temple, both at peak cuteness.

Shirley Temple surely lives in a temple

Based.

Based.

letterboxd.com/Arokz/

>episode ends with a dozen A list celebrities dancing

I see you litle nosaj

dont call me temple

>Mon Oncle
MY FUCKING NIGGER

nosaj is fucking shit

HAHAHHAAH!!!!! no

reminder that I will fricken k*ll you if you continue to post at nosaj the way you are posting at nosaj

Dead meme

reminder that I will fricken k*ll you if you continue to post at the nosaj meme the way you are posting at the nosaj meme

saj

Greta Gerwig

I have my eye on you litle nosaj

>it is Christmas Eve
It is indeed. I just went for a 10 mile walk because my family is a nightmare.

Did you see NAV? He just slapped that bitch right on the ass.

where's roberto pancakes

where's litle nosaj

Man Like Griff"i"th

where's pingis

where's samba claus

I don't know what is worse, Sup Forums or /lbg/. These threads are so shit nowadays.

Sup Forums

What's it like not having a life?

> ~2 films a day is no life

Correct.

>you will forget 90% of them after few months

yeah if you have infantilism

they're one in the same

Even /rym/ shitters spill the chili over you lads.

I think I'll rewatch It's a Wonderful Life later today.

>/rym/
>rating music
Why?

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

Contemporary musicians never spoke highly of the Beatles, and for good reason. They could never figure out why the Beatles' songs should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that the Beatles were simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to "Beatlemania", which had nothing to do with their musical merits). That phenomenon kept alive interest in their (mediocre) musical endeavours to this day. Nothing else grants the Beatles more attention than, say, the Kinks or the Rolling Stones. There was nothing intrinsically better in the Beatles' music. Ray Davies of the Kinks was certainly a far better songwriter than Lennon & McCartney. The Stones were certainly much more skilled musicians than the 'Fab Four'. And Pete Townshend was a far more accomplished composer, capable of entire operas such as "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia"; not to mention the far greater British musicians who followed them in subsequent decades or the US musicians themselves who initially spearheaded what the Beatles merely later repackaged to the masses.
The Beatles sold a lot of records not because they were the greatest musicians but simply because their music was easy to sell to the masses: it had no difficult content, it had no technical innovations, it had no creative depth. They wrote a bunch of catchy 3-minute ditties and they were photogenic. If somebody had not invented "Beatlemania" in 1963, you would not have wasted five minutes of your time reading these pages about such a trivial band.

I had a lot of good times reading reviews on that site years ago, desu. I liked seeing what other people thought of albums I liked.

I had a really ""Good Time"" watching this movie! haha

I haven't checked but I presume I am the first and only person to say this or some variation

Funny games is kino but besides that yeah he sucks

Why hasn’t he killed himself yet?

You can read movies and games there now too.

What's your favorite Antonioni? For me, it's Red Desert.

>Antonionienuui

Film Theory: Was SpongeBob ADOPTED?!

Ferdinand - Movie Review

hey everybody! i'm gonna take you all on a tour of my house!!

Come on Bruce, can we have just one day without your shitposting? A Christmas miracle?

>64 replies
>13 posters

FUCK

smugemilyjean.jpg

back to r/flicks faggot

i don't go to r/flicks

Watching PROMETHEUS on Blu-ray. Sorry haterz this movie rocks.

letterboxd.com/machill54/

Who /festive/ here???

Think Seeds is one of my favourite Andy Milligan films, it’s made me decide to read his biography
The deadly games blu-ray looks fantastic, it’s home alone but darker and French (and earlier!)
Blood beat is really bizarre, not a great Xmas movie
Silent Night Deadly Night I enjoyed a lot more than I expected, pretty solid slasher

Will rewatch die hard or eyes wide shut tonight I think, and also the limmys show Xmas special if I have time tonight, might save that for tomorrow (being the single greatest festive piece of media)

You have terrible taste.

I want to watch mobies with manchill

If I fuck my cat am I still a virgin?

what's your moty?

I'm between Bright and TLJ

I wish you could too user

1: Let the corpses tan
2: the evil within
3: brawl in cell block 99
4: you were never really here
5: good time
6. florida project
7. mother!
8. thelma
9. killing of a sacred deer
10. get out

The Hart of London

Excited to ruin Christmas Day tomorrow by forcing the entire family to watch Suspiria

what would you recommend someone who saw tokyo story and late spring and thought both of them were good but wasn't really enthusiastic about either one that person being me

>Merry christmas, son! here's your gift :)

at least it's not criterion

>I wonder how much I get for this on eBay

What does /lbg/ think about It?

You're IT? That's IT? *laughs*
There's a 20s movie star that actually started the phrase "It Girl", because she was in some movie, it was called The IT Girl, I think.
And then she... that might be wrong. Don't quote me on that!

who wants to know

oh...... thanks.....

.... do you still have the receipt?

>t. squirrel

It's bad.

>watched under 800 films this month
might as well not anything

y’all don’t wanna see poc or lgbt+ relationships on screen but you’ll happily watch a girl and a scaled monster fall in love??? cool

@92090741
>watching a lot movies means you have no life
Nope, I'm not buying it.

Seeing the pictures is not the issue of content. You're engorging. You're not studying the pictures, you're not gleaming anything from them, you're just chugging needlessly just to see how long you can hold your breath.