They ruined Star Wars

They ruined Star Wars.

Well it was already pretty terrible. An average movie trilogy that now has now pumped it's ratio of terrible to decent movies up, well, let's see.

7:3

I would be shocked if someone was surprised that this movie was ungood.

star wars hasn't been good in decades

speaking of, I never realized how shapely Tinker bell was. I watched Peter Pan a lot as a kid but dion't recall this. She's so fucking HAWT! And cute. You just know the artists had a lot of fun drawing her.

The Ancient Jedi Texts are a metaphorical insert for the Original Star Wars trilogy.

The major theme of The Last Jedi is “letting the past die.” A past that happens to be derived of three beloved films that cultivated the blockbuster culture we know today. But Disney’s ultimate goal is erasing the imprint these film’s have had on pop culture in order to make way for their new assembly line of products.

Yoda in the The Last Jedi is used to mock our hero Luke Skywalker; to belittle him for his values and diligence in preserving the integrity of the past. He destroys (to his knowledge) the ancient Jedi Texts to Luke Skywalker’s dismay. Then in turn, he insults the artistic merits of the Jedi Texts (The Original Trilogy) and upholds the contemporary heroine of the story (Rey/Disney’s Star Wars) by informing Luke that there is nothing in those texts that she doesn’t already know. This scene is played in comedic fashion in order to mask the far more devious undertones of the scene by having Yoda incorporate a quip (page turners they are not). The Last Jedi is riddled with moments like these.

Disney’s burying of Star Wars’ soul doesn’t begin and end with the live-action films either. Buying 20th Century Fox, the original home of the first trio of Star Wars films, was the ultimate endgame. With this acquisition, Disney will setforth their goal of burying the OT into the depths of irrelevancy. Disney’s real intentions are masked by the assumption that this deal was mainly carried out to intertwine Fox’s roster of superheroes with the MCU. But their are far more sinister forces at play. Forces that will make Lucas’s tampering of the OT look like child’s play in comparison to the future Star Wars now holds.

No, they didn't.

star wars was ruined with the special editions.

>the whole re-boot phenomenon we're experiencing needs discussing

I rather have Disney churn out yearly competent Star Wars films than have Lucas act like a fucking retard with the franchise. Even Rebels is better than the Prequels.

What's it like with autism?

Good argument, prequelfag.

Just shut up already.

star wars was never good

I'd rather they just end the franchise and we move on with our lives. But we can't always get what we want.

Nobody is forcing you to watch these, bud.

Why churn out any at all. Just leave it be. If theres good storys to adapt inti sci fis then have a little imagination and create a new universe. Disney just need the household name of star wars to turn profit instead of good storytelling.

Yeah, it is almost like Disney is a business or something.

REEELEEEE MAAAYYKSSS U THONK

Like fucking your mom.

>be me
>some office bitchgirl doesn't like me being a white male
>she says she is going to see star wars
>tell her it's going to suck
>she asks me if it's because a black guy is in it
>she doesn't realize the boss is listening
>I respond
>Obviously, you asked me to tell you anytime a nigger is in a movie so you can avoid it
>boss asks her if that is really true before she can answer
>she tries blaming me and sputters somewhat
>the boss says:
>you just asked him if it sucked because there was a black in it

she didn't get fired or anything dumb, but boy was she steamed that she got caught being racist inadvertantly.

Sure do wonder how old you are, it's a mystery...

Is it possible to learn this power?

So, when George exploits Star Wars as a brand and utilizes capitalism to sell books, games, toys, t-shirts, spinoffs or whatever, that's completely fine. But HOW FUCKING DARE DISNEY DO THAT REEEE!

?

That's pretty bleak user, definitely not looking forward to it. While the OT had its bad things it was a project made with a vision and became a pop phenomenon that affected millions on a deep level, this new ones by subverting all the ancestral themes and motifs have taken a property and hollowed it out to fill it with potential money making merch and attractions etc. The "franchise building" going on in Hollywood is the biggest impediment to getting good movies, its only corporate schlock now, talking about SW now is like discussing the artistic merit of a happy meal box.

This whole phenomenon of automatically having to like people who are different from you otherwise you are a racist is the fucking stupidest concept.

These aren't spinoffs

>t. how racists rationalize being racist

it was always shit

It was the trolls all along!

it must be kids too young to remember the state of prequel merchandise first time around.

Why do you think I didn't see TLJ? I'm done with this franchise. It just makes me sad to see other fans cling on with false hope.

So? Argument still stands faggot.

Not once did I say I was hopeful.

>yearly competent Star Wars films
>in two episodes disney has holistically ruined han solo, luke skywalker, leia organa, and they even killed off admiral akbar

MUH LIGHTSABERS DIBNEY GOOD GIB ME PREDDY LIGHT SABRZ

>t. lib. calling everyone a racist

Bump

They did. I don't even see how that's debatable at this point.

Indeed they did.

And they will ruin everything else

They will continue to create soulless turd after turd for the socially engineered bugmen that infest society until they are violent removed. They seek the death of all art and the death of free, strong humans.

>everyone who disagrees with me is liberal.
>being liberal is bad.
>getting this mad at racist rationalizing.
Strawman fucking central, lad. I suppose you have to strawman when you are a disingenious faggot.

It's almost like we aren't a hivemind and not everyone is a teenaged retard who thinks that Disney literally raped their childhood or some aspie shit.

>living with this thought rattling around your brain
Jeez, can't any of you have a rational dislike for Disney?

What are they going to buy next? Is there even something left?

Coward

japanese media
Get ready for a shonen jump cinematic universe

I'm a coward because I don't literally believe that Disney is run by evil Satanists or something out to destroy men?

What he said is an objective fact at this point, not an irrational opinion.

You're a coward for being dishonest

I think you are struggling with what "objective" means. Go back to /x/ retard.

Please indulge me, what am I being dishoenst about? That Disney is a mustache twirling villain out to destroy art?

Yes, I'm the silly one.

Disney execs and suits will straight up tell you their intentions at this point dude, what are you on about?

>He actually thinks this is a real thing Disney execs are going out and saying
>"MUAHAHA! WE WILL KILL ART AND STRONG MEN!"

>japanese media
don't give them ideas

Luke's character made me reeeee
>doesn't give up on the light side of Vader triumphing
>instantly gives up on Kylo

Or how they fucked his character that is

You're entire lifestyle and identity is "dishoenst"

You are uncomfortable living in reality, which is a silly way to live.

>instantly gives up on Kylo
That wasn't how it happened though. Why do you people hate context so much?

Who do you mean by ((they))?

When you have more money than G-D then why not?

>more dishonest behavior

I feel sorry for your brain, having to work overtime to justify your fake worldview

>Le context

I honestly don't understand how a gargantuan company like Disney allowed a property like Star Wars to fall apart so quickly and so fantastically.

Did they fire anyone and everyone responsible for quality control and replace them with quota hire ooga boogas and single childless women or something?

They literally did, all Star Wars cannon is handled by women and black ladies now, not even joking

On the contrary, they're probably taking full control so you end up with a soulless as fuck production where you probably have a lot of people putting their heart into it but it's being blocked by corporate decisions and get drowned in the sea of disney approved enforced star wars stuff.
Just take a look at poor Hamill over here.

So I got tickets for this literally just to kill time with my dad, and even he doesn't care for it. We're both just killing time because of reasons.

Is it even worth sitting there just to kill time?

Lol nobody knows what in the literal fuck you are on about, kiddo.

Yeah it'll give you some contex so you can laugh at it on Sup Forums i literally only watched it to get a fuck but least now everytime a thread comes up I know what people are talking about

Because real people aren't actual psychopaths and the number of psychopaths is astronomically low that the chances of a psychopath billionaire is lower than shit on a grave?

>You're entire lifestyle and identity is "dishoenst
What are you talking about?

anyone have the Leia flying webm, but she's doing it backwards and it says
>Shadman
on it?

Good enough for me. Thanks.

The line between genius and pyschopath is a very thin thing my friend

No, that's a meme that basement dwellers and autists believe.

After watching Jiro memiors of a sushi man I believe it without a doubt

Well, is some anonymous poster said so...

you're pretty fucking retarded

well, I have this on my hard drive and backups if it goes down and time to shitpost, so lets see how things goes in a few years

Lol why even make this into an argument then?

You sure showed me.

95% chance that's fake and gay, but I'm saving it just in case.

To earn billions.